AFL Autopsy Round 11: 16 Point loss to Greater Western Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching the replay now... half way through the first quarter and we had about 4 golden opportunities to goal and stuffed them all. Stewart unforgivable on one occasion (really not sold on this guy). Zaka just completely blind on another occasion. It seems we are just lacking some finishing polish, which is something that could easily change this season.

That's been an issue with Zacha for years & I thought after the mother of all sprays he copped from Hooker during the game against the Dees, that the message might start to get through. But no. Does lots more right than he does wrong but cant or wont fix up that side of his game.

That's been an issue with Zacha for years & I thought after the mother of all sprays he copped from Hooker during the game against the Dees, that the message might start to get through. But no. Does lots more right than he does wrong but cant or wont fix up that side of his game.
TBF i don't know how they see what they do at ground level

Reflecting on the full game, they were never really pressured and made to bust a gut. If we had got four goals up on them in the first like we should have, we may have made their six day turn around count for something. Instead they cantered through the game, kicking at a stupid efficiency and slotting goals from all angles. But if you don't take your opportunities against a top side then the result is a given anyway.

For all the talk of Jobe struggling both coaches had him in the votes. Even with all the janky kicks he's still our best clearance and grunt work player. Good to see big Bellend in the votes too.

10 Josh Kelly
7 Zac Williams
4 Toby Greene
4 Dylan Shiel
3 Tom Bellchambers
2 Jobe Watson

For all the talk of Jobe struggling both coaches had him in the votes. Even with all the janky kicks he's still our best clearance and grunt work player. Good to see big Bellend in the votes too.

10 Josh Kelly
7 Zac Williams
4 Toby Greene
4 Dylan Shiel
3 Tom Bellchambers
2 Jobe Watson
jmoo tesla1962 :p

Gazumping jmoo again, but just four possible solutions here:

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 3, 1
Sheil 0, 4
Bellchambers 1, 2
Watson 2, 0

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 0, 4
Sheil 3, 1
Bellchambers 1, 2
Watson 2, 0

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 0, 4
Sheil 2, 2
Bellchambers 0, 3
Watson 1, 1

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 2, 2
Sheil 0, 4
Bellchambers 0, 3
Watson 1, 1

I'm going option #3. Leon is obviously afraid that Mumford would eat him so no chance he gives an opposition ruckman votes, while Woosha loves punchable small forwards so he gives all four to Greene. Either way, Jobe gets votes for the fourth time this year. He still looks rusty but the core game is there, get through next week and enjoy a nice refresher over the bye and he'll come back primed for a big back end of the year.

Last edited:
Wait wait hang on.

THIS ******* CLUB CAN'T WIN A ******* GAME THATS TWO IN A ROW, s**t EFFORT FROM EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY MERRETT. NEEDS TO MAKE A KILOMETRE GAINED EVERY ****IN WEEK. PISS POOR FROM JOBE, 28 TOUCHES AND 7 TACKLES. AND THAT HURLEY CAN'T EVEN TAKE A MARK. ESSINGTON AGAIN!!! CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES.

That better?

Thought I was on the Adelaide board for a minute there.

Gazumping jmoo again, but just four possible solutions here:

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 3, 1
Sheil 0, 4
Bellchambers 1, 2
Watson 2, 0

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 0, 4
Sheil 3, 1
Bellchambers 1, 2
Watson 2, 0

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 0, 4
Sheil 2, 2
Bellchambers 0, 3
Watson 1, 1

Kelly 5, 5
Williams 4, 3
Greene 2, 2
Sheil 0, 4
Bellchambers 0, 3
Watson 1, 1
Good one! I didn't get to watch the game, so my initial thoughts are outrage that we only got three players in the votes, and they misspelled Josh's surname.

Good one! I didn't get to watch the game, so my initial thoughts are outrage that we only got three players in the votes, and they misspelled Josh's surname.
I listened to the game on ABC on route to Victoria. I only watched the replay today and the radio call lined up pretty well and with the votes as well. Still a little mystified as to how we got so close, but in a good way.

10 Josh Kelly
7 Zac Williams
4 Toby Greene
4 Dylan Shiel
3 Tom Bellchambers
2 Jobe Watson
Not suprised that Jobe got votes, he was very good on Saturday I had him as our 2nd best

Thought Essendon played pretty well actually..the talk of Jobe Watson being finished shows just how knee jerkish the pundits can be..his game at times was brilliant..especially the in-close centre clearances..Thought Tommy Bellchambers was superb in the ruck against an inform Mumford..Andrew McGrath was handy..Gleeson good, Heppell & McKenna to.. Impressed with coach John Worsfold..Essendon is going places in the next couple of years no doubt about it..enjoy some pics we took of your club..was plenty of support for Essendon in the outer btw..

bplay.jpg

dan.jpg

hecat.jpg

nbdfplay.jpg

actunw.jpg

deter.jpg

tip.jpg

dyson.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone on SEN or 3AW said yesterday that Worsfold mentioned that they did not have a particular plan for Kelly, just let it play out. Can't be true can it?

Don't really see a problem with it, we were functioning pretty well and despite having 1 less scoring shot we missed a lot more gettable chances than they did. Had we taken those chances and won it would be seen as a good move.

Someone on SEN or 3AW said yesterday that Worsfold mentioned that they did not have a particular plan for Kelly, just let it play out. Can't be true can it?

Colyer's the only bloke that can run with him but becomes a bit of a liability when you actually have to put him in at centre bounces with Kelly. Hocking can probably rough him up a bit but Kelly will smoke him.

It's all well and good to say that, but think it through, what were our options, short of kneecapping the bloke or paying him to sandbag?

Wait wait hang on.

THIS ******* CLUB CAN'T WIN A ******* GAME THATS TWO IN A ROW, s**t EFFORT FROM EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY MERRETT. NEEDS TO MAKE A KILOMETRE GAINED EVERY ****IN WEEK. PISS POOR FROM JOBE, 28 TOUCHES AND 7 TACKLES. AND THAT HURLEY CAN'T EVEN TAKE A MARK. ESSINGTON AGAIN!!! CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES.

That better?
NOT BAD

Cant watch replays of our losses just makes me angry again after getting over the loss originally lols.
Watch the losses in reverse mate, we always comeback to tie it up in the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back