Game Day Round 13, 2020: Port Adelaide Power v Hawthorn, 4.35pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backs are really against the wall in this one. Let's have some pride in our efforts today and do the skipper proud in his 200th.

Should be a separate thread for that as I disagree.
My worse 22 would have have Johnny Hassle and Nick Ries in it for starters.
Did Paul Sharky ever complete the trifecta?

Worst Hawthorn 22 of all time?
I’d say it is the weakest lineup I can recall in last 15 years.

We will lose obviously but what I want to see are some positive signs from players with a future and some of those guys fighting for their careers - Glass, Hanrahan, Howe, Jiath, Hartley, Cousins - showing something that might justify a list spot.

With the combination of reduced list sizes, a likely rebuild of sorts and reduced lists pushing some decent players out of other clubs, I think our list cull at seasons end will be deep. Let’s see who is worth persisting with

I’m also expecting a good game from Worpel with greater responsibility

Worst Hawthorn 22 of all time?

Not even close to worst 22 of all time. Probably the weakest side on paper we’ve put out this year though. But I guess if you take 6 best 22 selections out of any side they're going to look ordinary.

Just hoping the younger players get some valuable experience and that we show pride in the jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to Kick a Vic whilst you guys are down. Got a big day planned. 12pm head to The Warradale, 2pm train to the city, 2:30 Strathmore Hotel, 3:30 wander across the footbridge, 4:30 watch an honorable loss (please), 7pm who knows?
Yeah, I think there will be a few at the Strathmore pre game.

Got a good feeling about this one.

I reckon we'll lull Port to sleep with our slow, high, down-the-line gameplan and sneak in a 5 goal lead, which will be too much for Port to chase down in the last quarter. That's the method to that slow gameplan's madness, right?

If our effort is like last week I will be happy. It was there , execution wasn't.
Quite a few playing to be on the list next season so looking forward to seeing what they bring.

Has a feel of us giving them a bit of a fright or it being a real blow out. Hopefully the former.

Much rain in Adelaide today?

They've lost some good players too, so this should be interesting. Obviously Dixon is the key.

For us, I think the 22 looks OK. Blokes who've been at the club get a crack. Let's see what they have.

All the best to Stratts in 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back