Preview Round 14: St.Kilda vs Gold Coast - Etihad Stadium (H), Sunday 25 June 2017, 4:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Steele will be a ripper for us in the future, but he needs to work on his attacking side of the game. Defensively he is sound, but is worse at spreading and getting into space than Dunstan and we all know the Comments he had copped here.
Surprised he played from the start TBH.

Was expecting him to debut mid season given his foot injury. Might be running out of petrol?

Anyways, I'm tipping another game / result like the Brisbane game and this place to go feral like last week.

People expecting a % boost are setting themselves for a major let down.

I just wanna bank 4 points .
Just get it done Saints.
Yep....just get the four points....at the moment I have no confidence that we would clock up a big win against any team.

Hopefully that will change on the run home.

Yep, I'm disappointed we aren't playing McCartin. He was in terrific form in the VFL and was starting to look okay in the Seniors. He's clearly a level above VFL but he needs to playing seniors to get to the next level.

I was dead set keen on Rooey playing on next year but I'm starting to believe he might need to go to let McCartin/Bruce/Membrey do their thing.

S7jfops.png

Paddy needs to be playing every week, not wasting away in the VFL. If this continues and they give Nick another contract, watch him ask for a trade at the end of the season.
No Paddy needs to be playing every week ONLY if he has earned his and its the best thing for the Stkilda football Club.
For way to many years tail has wagged the dog, he is signed for this year and next not going anywhere unless the club agrees

No Paddy needs to be playing every week ONLY if he has earned his and its the best thing for the Stkilda football Club.
For way to many years tail has wagged the dog, he is signed for this year and next not going anywhere unless the club agrees
His form last game was good, and he has improved every week. I personally thought the way he played in Adelaide would warrant a game and offer more to the forward line than a guy who cant pick up the ball off the ground, cant change direction and cant kick more than 35m. But Richo wont acknowledge that Nick's body wont let him play on the wing anymore, so the only way for him to play is to hobble around the forward line instead of letting Paddy play at the level he clearly belongs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy needs to be playing every week, not wasting away in the VFL. If this continues and they give Nick another contract, watch him ask for a trade at the end of the season.
This is starting to get a real Goodes and Membrey feel about it...

If Richo won't play all of Roo, Bruce, Membrey & Paddy in the same team, and Roo goes on next year, then we have got a problem.

Yes we can talk about form and earning spots, but if everyone is going okay it's gonna be hard to get back in if the only 3 can play rule is applied.

People can talk about trading Paddy but we'd get a fraction of what he cost us and a fraction of what he's worth to us (if you think other teams fans are laughing at us for taking Paddy over Petracca; wait til they get stuck into us for using pick 1 and then trading it years later for pick 15 or so)

And then after taking that hit, we'd need to get another key forward when Roo does retire perhaps 12 months later.

I want Roo to go on, but I want Paddy to play seniors and to learn and to develop and to feel he belongs.

C'mon Richo; work it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still has a year to go. So if he wants out at the end of this year a trade needs to occur in our favour.

The question is whether hanging onto St. Nick for one more season is going to be at the expense of our KPF for the future.....much like Goodes and Membrey? Should we be learning from that?
We were all very grateful to Goodes for "selfishly" deciding to play on. Why is it any different for us?

Just throwing the cat amongst the pigeons.

Unfortunately for Paddy the forward line functioned a lot better last week. Bruce and Membrey absolutely busted a gut to stay in the side and did very well so you can't drop either. And Roo just doesn't get dropped. Didn't even look that fit but still got 21 possessions.

It's tough on Paddy but I don't really see the alternative this week, unless they dropped Mav but Richo said explicitly that he doesn't think all those talls can be in the same team. And I'd say with the evidence of our games he's right.

Given what your stats say........something aint right.

Is he out for something else......any thoughts folks?
Richo made it pretty clear in his presser last game that the club felt Steele was hitting the wall a bit and needed a break and with Dunstan and others playing OK, they're not going to drop any of them just so that Steele can come back in.

Will just need to smash down the door in the VFL and wait for an opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back