Oppo Camp Round 15 Non Pies Games

Remove this Banner Ad

That goal review was so poorly handled. Reckon they'd be better off watching the replay in real time without rocking and rolling the footage from frame to frame.

It's absurd how few people seem to get this, including the people that count. It's beyond idiotic when you see them 'rocking' a low frame rate blurred image back forth and not realising that it is worse than nothing because it completely distorts the image.

You see this in cricket with catches too. So often you can tell if it is a catch or not, but only when they actually play it in full motion.

In saying that, while I think in this particular instance it was touched, the right call was made (not by the field umpire). Umpire's call is supposed to be respected - if it is not 100%, don't overturn it.

It's absurd how few people seem to get this, including the people that count. It's beyond idiotic when you see them 'rocking' a low frame rate blurred image back forth and not realising that it is worse than nothing because it completely distorts the image.

You see this in cricket with catches too. So often you can tell if it is a catch or not, but only when they actually play it in full motion.

In saying that, while I think in this particular instance it was touched, the right call was made (not by the field umpire). Umpire's call is supposed to be respected - if it is not 100%, don't overturn it.

Last night's first replay was side on and in normal speed. I wanted to see it maybe one or two more times to make up my mind as to whether it was touched. But nope, out came the freeze frames 🤦‍♂️

Watched a bit of the early game, watching this game.
And without the emotion generated when watching my Pies, it’s easy to see the game needs some rule tweaks.
No mark paid for backward kicks in D50.
Change from 15 to 25 metres for a mark all over the ground.
It would open up the game, it would mitigate some of the crabbing.

Agree with both calls mate.

Watched a bit of the early game, watching this game.
And without the emotion generated when watching my Pies, it’s easy to see the game needs some rule tweaks.
No mark paid for backward kicks in D50.
Change from 15 to 25 metres for a mark all over the ground.
It would open up the game, it would mitigate some of the crabbing.

Don't agree with the 25m kick rule. Imagine a player marks it 65m out. Team intensifies their defense into the back 35 rather than the entire 50m arc.

Rules like this, whilst they'd help speed things up in the back half, would generate more scoring issues in the forward half.

My biggest rule change is to make the 50m arc actually mean something (other than 6-6-6) and make it so the "30 second shot clock" only exists for marks inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or with the Tigers draw which always sees them with clear extra rest than their opponents.
Yep.Do you notice also that Richmond gets to play the two Western Australian teams on a neutral ground,while we had to play them both in Perth?You can’t tell me the A.F.L doesn’t look after Richmond with the draw.

Yep.Do you notice also that Richmond gets to play the two Western Australian teams on a neutral ground,while we had to play them both in Perth?You can’t tell me the A.F.L doesn’t look after Richmond with the draw.
They’ve basically lived in Queensland yet somehow played lions at Metricon and suns at Gabba... Go figure..

Have posted this about 5 times but ahead of the Dreamtime game, both Richmond and Essendon hadn't played WCE or Freo. They should've had to Hub in Perth. It's a joke.
The reigning premiers not being made to go to perth is a joke. They should have been first on the list, that’s how the draw is sposed to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back