Preview Round 17, 2021: Hawthorn v Fremantle Dockers, 10 July 2021, 1.45pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Denver is back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have a future as a shorter form of misconstrue.
Why not, it worked for deconstruct and destruct. But still I stand by my OP.. Gold.

I don't know why people bother winding themselves up so tightly over the selected teams. It's already done, accept it. We're 2nd last on the ladder and no chance of making finals.

For the next ~36 or so hours just let yourself enjoy the slight possibility that Nash might finally click at AFL level and have discovered a dominant position for the next 5+ years. And if you're that much of a wet blanket that you can't give yourself that then perhaps just be happy that Denver is back in.
Superb post. But idiots will idiot. The best thing about beating your own head against a wall is that it feels so beautiful when you stop

If my memory serves me correctly, one D Mundy carved us a new one last game, his bulk and physical strength was too much for our midfield, therefore I presume the Nash selection is to assist in tempering his output and good luck to him, I hope that he rips it up.

In Kosi's defense, last week there wasn't much ball going inside 50, but the last month I've seen him get to the front of more contests. Still gets too many of his wins behind his man but he's improving in this space.
Yes, it is clearly something he is working on, which is encouraging. But we can’t afford an off day with only McEvoy as an experienced tall up forward.

Jeka's issues were his work rate when he was in the side last time. Perhaps overawed perhaps ignored. It is what has kept him out of the side. I'm gonna say this right now. Both of them will be caught behind their opponents this week. Its not game plan its inexperience and the defender reading the play better. Nothing significant has changed at training. Its business as usual

Not a bad side Freo.

Unknown is how we perform given the news during the week. Not uncommon for clubs under the spotlight to perform above expectation.
That was last week mate they new on Wednesday last week

That was last week mate they new on Wednesday last week
I don't think that is correct, the players were told by Clarko in the morning when the news first broke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They knew before then mate
I am talking about the players mate , Clarko informed them early this week check out the press conference. Hopefully we will see a really committed Hawks side this saturday

I am talking about the players mate , Clarko informed them early this week check out the press conference. Hopefully we will see a really committed Hawks side this saturday

The press conference is just the narrative the club wants to give the media. I’d be surprised if the players didn’t know last week as other posters suggested.

Superb post. But idiots will idiot. The best thing about beating your own head against a wall is that it feels so beautiful when you stop

Speaking of beating your head against a wall....how are you coping with all the he's used incorrectly around here grumbleguts?

Fair point. He's 2 games were probably our worst for the year against the saints and west coast. Hopefully the more in form hawks of late can allow him to showcase what he's got.

They knew before then mate

you reckon that was a part of our 1st half implosion? i did find it odd that we'd be overawed by Shaun's 400th as we usually get up really well for milestone games, but you never know. We looked really flat compared to the last month

could also just be the basic inconsistency of a young side getting tired

The press conference is just the narrative the club wants to give the media. I’d be surprised if the players didn’t know last week as other posters suggested.
I would be surprised if they did. If the players knew, it would have then likely gone through to their player agents and then leaked into the media.

Jeka, seriously? This is probably one of the strangest things I've ever seen on here.

Can anyone remember the start of 303 gamer Chris Langford's career?

Not saying jeka, Nash or any of other other listed players (apart from Silk of course) are in the same class but when he started supporters questioned his inclusion in the team.

Started as a winger and then went into the ruck if I remember correctly.

Point is we all start somewhere and go down a path; some will travel a yellow (gold) and brown brick road and have a long and successful career and others not.

Let's give them time.

Tucky, Dipper and other had numerous years in the 'magoos' learning the ropes. Before BigFooty I acknowledge but....

Last edited:
Whilst we're prognosticating on careers for Internet points, Downie is another one who won't make it. Has done literally nothing in his AFL career to date. Check his stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back