Preview Round 18, 2019: Geelong Cats v Hawthorn, 21 July 2019, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the training session last week prior to the Freo game, Birch didn't train but was just out there helping with the drills. When they were doing photos and signatures afterwards he said that he'd done enough during the week so it may just be a management thing.

Again. If he's ripped the groin, surely they replace an emergency now. Strange.
Could also just be a bit sore and they are giving him until tomorrow to see if he is right

He's had such a long break from the crash and bash

A win against Geelong and we’ll be just one game off 8th spot.

I think Shiels might go to Kelly and maybe Stratton to take Dangerfield when he plays forward.

The Cats have a very deep midfield and a well structured back six. They are tough to score against. To have any chance of winning we need quick ball movement inside 50 where the small forwards can do their work.

He’s played two very good games in a row, but this will be a good test for Lewis to see if he can match it with the best.

A win against Geelong and we’ll be just one game off 8th spot.

I think Shiels might go to Kelly and maybe Stratton to take Dangerfield when he plays forward.

The Cats have a very deep midfield and a well structured back six. They are tough to score against. To have any chance of winning we need quick ball movement inside 50 where the small forwards can do their work.

He’s played two very good games in a row, but this will be a good test for Lewis to see if he can match it with the best.

Mitch took a few good contested marks last time against them, he’ll be fine.

So I wonder who this incredible source is that tige19 gets his information from. Perhaps tige19 is starved for attention!

Happy to eat humble pie but was also told he did absolutely nothing today.. no reason to doubt the bloke who told me, not sure what attention has to do with it lol.

I would've gave pup a rest and kept howe he could've gone to either kelly danger or selwood as a tag and jaeger seemed to benefit a abit from Howe's input. must mean more minutes from chad and burger in the guts as geelongs midfield bats deep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to eat humble pie but was also told he did absolutely nothing today.. no reason to doubt the bloke who told me, not sure what attention has to do with it lol.
Not having a go at you tig. Just passing on info I got. I was told he was fine, that’s all mate👍

Hahaha let's not take pot shots at people if they happen to get some information wrong, surely we should appreciate all sorts of intel, not criticise if something turns out to be incorrect.

He was pretty definitive - went as far as to say he won’t play again this year.

Post could of had a “may have done”

Anyway we’ll find out tomorrow but I’m still hoping it’s wrong and that he plays

Happy with the team. Very happy Nash is playing. When have a really good idea of what Howe's ceiling is. He is really just a depth player. Too limited.

Hang on Tige...same source that told.u he didn't train today as who said he had a groin strain?

If Gary ******* Rohan kicks another bag against us tomorrow I'll bloody well streak across the ground!

giphy.gif

Confirmed that Birch trained as normal with the main group today.

I’ll have no dramas owning it if I was wrong but there’s been others who said he didn’t train? A poster here also... should be interesting tomorrow 😂😂

Hahaha let's not take pot shots at people if they happen to get some information wrong, surely we should appreciate all sorts of intel, not criticise if something turns out to be incorrect.

The issue for me has been Tige19’s continual negativity re Birchall and his constant criticism of both Birchall and the club for honouring the contract.

Taken in isolation the comment re the groin is reasonable. Taken as part of a pattern of behavior it seems odd.

He may well be right and Birchall has torn the groin. But it’s just been a strange pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back