Preview Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 24th July, 4:35PM AEST *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - for the umpteenth time this year, with a bit of luck Butler could have ended up with a couple of goals and we'd be saying how great a game he had.
Butler as Cornes and others have noted is not doing the team things , playing dumb millionaire footy abs in the weekend running down the wing with no pressure it cost us. He makes doing the easy, obvious thing hard ..even handballing. If Higgins was good to go Butler would be out

Butler as Cornes and others have noted is not doing the team things , playing dumb millionaire footy abs in the weekend running down the wing with no pressure it cost us. He makes doing the easy, obvious thing hard ..even handballing. If Higgins was good to go Butler would be out

Funny thing about that Butler kick....I saw 3 saints in the f50.

Not one of them led at him

Was still a shizen kick, don't know what the half banana was all about

Funny thing about that Butler kick....I saw 3 saints in the f50.

Not one of them led at him

Was still a shizen kick, don't know what the half banana was all about

It looked like King was doing a little lead to the boundary, wtf was that?

The handball to Hill was a no-brainer. Ironically, Butler had too much time to think.

Jack silvagni looks 50kgs ringing wet, but he's not bad neither
This is a good point. Jack Silvagni has unbelievable strength for someone who looks roughly like a rake. Although the last few years he has put some kegs on. Paddy Dow the same. His strength in close is phenomenal. Him and Sam Walsh could end up being a lethal combination.

This is a good point. Jack Silvagni has unbelievable strength for someone who looks roughly like a rake. Although the last few years he has put some kegs on. Paddy Dow the same. His strength in close is phenomenal. Him and Sam Walsh could end up being a lethal combination.
Dow and Kennedy both starting to come good at around the 50 to 60 games Walsh is crazy good .Not having regular Sandy games this year or last hasn’t helped Bytel at all

Geez, we’ve hit absolute rock bottom when we are hoping our players can rise to the levels of silvagni / Dow.

Maybe we can tap Teague for a future coaching role too?
Dow has had some really good games this year
I was wrapped for Silvagni having such a good game after losing his grandfather during the week

Geez, we’ve hit absolute rock bottom when we are hoping our players can rise to the levels of silvagni / Dow.

Yeah I don’t rate Dow. Walsh is a gun though. Third year of footy and genuinely playing to the level of the best mids like Steele, Bont, Parish, Fyfe. Wouldn’t be surprised if he took the captaincy off cripps next year

Drawing a long bow there. Was merely commenting on how well they are playing. Not comparing anyone. Not hoping that anybody will get to their level. Not even stating they are above their level. If anything I feel like Dow coming good is reminiscent of Hunter Clark coming good for us finally.

However if we are looking at our young kids, as Mowie said not having much opportunity for development at Sandy has hurt us the last two years. I’m amazed our kids are even able to show any consistency given the lack of football they can play. Bytel has been thrown into the wolves this season.

Yeah I don’t rate Dow. Walsh is a gun though. Third year of footy and genuinely playing to the level of the best mids like Steele, Bont, Parish, Fyfe. Wouldn’t be surprised if he took the captaincy off cripps next year
If you’re basing your opinion of Dow on his previous seasons I don’t blame you but he has improved out of sight since he last came into the side. Similar to how Dunstan has for us.

Walsh though… it’s scary how good he is…

If you’re basing your opinion of Dow on his previous seasons I don’t blame you but he has improved out of sight since he last came into the side. Similar to how Dunstan has for us.

Has he really? Good for him. I heard the hype coming into the season then he shat the bed in the first few rounds and I gave up paying attention.

My brother in law bags Silvagni, he's their whipping boy. Dow has actually come good. I remember Mikka wanted to have a go at Dow and I laughed at him. Now it's looking astute.

Has he really? Good for him. I heard the hype coming into the season then he shat the bed in the first few rounds and I gave up paying attention.
Early this season he looked like a deer in headlights still but was given little opportunity. Then he dominated at vfl level and came back and has been solid since returning. Anyway this isn’t the general AFL discussion so * Carlton.

We need to win this 100% or season is officially over. Cannot see us beating Geelong or Sydney on current form so even beating Freo and Carlton won’t be enough for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow has had some really good games this year
I was wrapped for Silvagni having such a good game after losing his grandfather during the week

Yeah, pretty emotional stuff, he had a good game too.

My brother in law bags Silvagni, he's their whipping boy. Dow has actually come good. I remember Mikka wanted to have a go at Dow and I laughed at him. Now it's looking astute.
I wonder if Jack’s son will be called SOJ or GOS (little call centre reference there)…

Early this season he looked like a deer in headlights still but was given little opportunity. Then he dominated at vfl level and came back and has been solid since returning. Anyway this isn’t the general AFL discussion so fu** Carlton.

We need to win this 100% or season is officially over. Cannot see us beating Geelong or Sydney on current form so even beating Freo and Carlton won’t be enough for finals.

Like when they put Parish in the midfield and he was a gun I think it was just playing him in his natural spot that worked. Like asking Dunstan to be a small forward or HFF you'd get a turd fest. All these clubs get a pat on the back for playing players in the position they should have been in to begin with.

Like when they put Parish in the midfield and he was a gun I think it was just playing him in his natural spot that worked. Like asking Dunstan to be a small forward or HFF you'd get a turd fest. All these clubs get a pat on the back for playing players in the position they should have been in to begin with.
“Don’t say Hind. Don’t say Hind. Don’t say Hind”…..

Well I would be bitterly disappointed in Dow if we'd taken him with pick 3.

He's had one game over 20 touches this year, averages 5 kicks and 2 tackles. Dunstan will be polling brownlow votes in comparison.

Agree on your other point though - * Carlton, may they continue to get exactly what they deserve…

He's had one game over 20 touches this year, averages 5 kicks and 2 tackles. Dunstan will be polling brownlow votes in comparison.

Agree on your other point though - fu** Carlton, may they continue to get exactly what they deserve…

He passes the eye test now though, he looked awful a couple of years back. I think he will become a good player now. He looked an absolute bust before. Agree on * Carlton though.

Agree on your other point though - fu** Carlton, may they continue to get exactly what they deserve…
I would too because it means we wouldn't have Hunter Clark and I would need to have a new favourite player...

He passes the eye test now though, he looked awful a couple of years back. I think he will become a good player now. He looked an absolute bust before. Agree on fu** Carlton though.
I mean a few games ago he got the ball and I thought it was Sam Walsh the way he was moving - he's not a prolific ball user but he's quality atm.

Anyway, also jumping on the * Carlton train

I mean a few games ago he got the ball and I thought it was Sam Walsh the way he was moving - he's not a prolific ball user but he's quality atm.

Anyway, also jumping on the fu** Carlton train
Yeah * Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back