Preview Round 8 - Geelong v Collingwood, Sunday 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez relax peeps. They name the team 3 days before the game. Assume scooter had a test today and they pulled him. Chillax a bit.
Every single week????
Naaaah......it’s become a joke now, unprofessional
And with 25 hours til game time you can almost be sure there’s going to be yet another late out

Scooter out GHS in. Every single week we have a late out, still a raffle on who will come out game day. I for one am over it

Scooter was a crucial player for tomorrow!

Losing Scooter completely negates the potential loss of Pendlebury for Collingwood as it unbalances our midfield again.

What's the bet that Pendlebury plays?

Injuries happen at unfortunate times.

You’re never happy are you
I want to be able to follow my footy club and enjoy the lead up without all the secrecy and games that supporters from other clubs don’t put up with.
Geelongs selections have become a running joke everywhere these days.

You had to jinx it

Oh NOOOOOO!!! :oops::oops::oops:

I take full responsibility! :'(:'(:'(

In future

canstock5785546.jpg

why is it un professional. The naming of the side is almost anachronism..

Whatever you think about our 'record' in this area this year (which is pretty bizarre, in my view), for this particular game it's as 'unprofessional' as the Pies naming Pendlebury on Thursday night.

The Cats wanted Selwood in the team, held out hope he'd come up, and tested him this morning with a disappointing result. Can't see how there's anything more to it than that in this case.

Anyway, hope the Hyphen steps in and plays another blinder like he did against the Power.

After all, he's a true professional.;)

So what's the wisdom on these 'late changes'? Are we really that unlucky with late injuries to players? Are the 'late injuries' actually covering for other reasons? Is it just more of this 'tactical' mumbo jumbo?

Surely 'they' wouldn't risk the balance of our Midfield just to play tactical tricks? Scooter is one of the most 'required' players in our Midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to be able to follow my footy club and enjoy the lead up without all the secrecy and games that supporters from other clubs don’t put up with.
Geelongs selections have become a running joke everywhere these days.

Who cares!
Oh we haven’t pleased you.
Let’s just drop everything for you, so your happy

You can still follow the club, who plays is irrelevant.
We just want to win, I couldn’t care less if we have a late change every week for a year

It was a good stat, until Scooter was out
Looking forward to seeing a full strength side atleast a few times this year

I was so excited + had such high hopes. We have won harder Blockbuster games, with a depleted team so fingers crossed, everyone else is bushy tailed after the nine day break.

How about this guy for a late 'In'?

173d50aff9ac3130714af947c357eaed.jpg

calder_daddy Mr Blicavs

I dont have much on tonight so feel free to keep flinging s**t at each other but i can tell you I have plenty of time on my hands to find every little infraction I can to load up on you two if you keep this s**t going.

Talk the issues not the abusive posts.

GO Catters

Withdrawing players named in the squad 1 to 2 days before the match I see as being genuine injury concerns. We withdrew Stanley from our round 1 squad before we even reduced it to 22 players, we have withdrawn Scooter today - those aren't tactical reasons because the opposition has a full 24 hours (or more) to adapt to our team change prior to running out for the match.

Changes made when final teams are named or when we've made a late late change could potentially be seen as more of a tactical change, designed to throw the opposition with their plans as anything less than 90 minutes before the bounce suddenly makes it harder to adapt to the changed team line-up compared with what they were expecting.

Unprofessional... what’d be unprofessional would be if instead of giving players until the last minute to prove fitness they instead decided to play them regardless. Late outs are actually a club acting professionally and taking no chances.

Bloody lol

I was so excited + had such high hopes. We have won harder Blockbuster games, with a depleted team so fingers crossed, everyone else is bushy tailed after the nine day break.

How about this guy for a late 'In'?

173d50aff9ac3130714af947c357eaed.jpg
Just pop one of his photos up each week please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back