Preview Round 9, 2021: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Friday 14th May, 7:50PM AEST *WEBSTER 100TH* *WILKIE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Cats

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonie & Butler in the same forward line doesn’t work. Both too weak defensively. Can carry one liability but not two.
Really not true when the team is going alright and getting the ball inside 50… they were the best pressure/defensive pair in the comp when we were up and about not long ago.

Stoked Lonie is back in, the young bloke jumped up and high fived me on hearing the news.
I think the team is on a hiding to nothing but hope I’m proven wrong. Good luck to all the ins - the changes have been made, over to the players and coaches.
It’s a weird feeling going into the game with zero team expectations but a laundry list for individual players. Strangely looking forward to this even though I have been calling a cats win easily all week.
Good luck lads, make us proud regardless of the result.

Really not true when the team is going alright and getting the ball inside 50… they were the best pressure/defensive pair in the comp when we were up and about not long ago.
Correct, Lonie is our best defensive small forward. We look so much better defensively with him in.
I reckon Higgins will run through the mids a bit.
Highmore a good choice, Joyce stiff but I am more confident he can make it in the seniors.

Frawley in is obviously for Hawkins. Hilarious someone believing he was in for Coffield

Feel we get beaten but Ratten has made sound selections to give us best chance.

Oh loving the melty Thursday night.

We’ve been one of the worst inside 50 tackling teams in the comp this year. What stats are you looking at or are you referring to stats from last year - not relevant.

Why would he do that? Also is he actually a saints fan? I didn’t know that.

His family are HUGE Saints fans. Actually it’s the dad who drives around with the Saint’s plates. Know the family.

No for foot speed but they move the ball very quickly

Exactly.
Also- this is our template to work off with gresh and jones out.
You don't need legspeed if you can stand up in tackles and pass the ball to teammates quickly and accurately.

No reason our remaining mids can't strive to achieve that this year.
It's a strategy that is every bit as good, if not better than breaking lines with legspeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley is in for Joyce. Highmore in for Coffield.

Well two changes will certainly help our backline jell….against three of the best forwards in the league 😳

Jeez I hope Frawley makes it through the whole game. Not a fan of these changes at all, unless Coff was a forced out due to the knock.

Actually I’m really happy with the changes.

heres how I see it:

Chip in for Joyce is just replacing a solid depth player with experience to take on Hawkins. The right move and Frawley deserves to come straight in.

Highmore comes in for Coffield. He has had a pretty lean run old coffers and will go well with a spell in the twos whilst highmore has been excellent for Sandy and gets reward.

Lonie gives us more speed and while we haven’t been able to utilise our three smalls in the one game maybe this week we can exploit Geelong with it. Not the perfect like for like replacement for Jones but in terms of speed it is a good fit

Ross in for Wood is a no brainer.

Actually I’m really happy with the changes.

heres how I see it:

Chip in for Joyce is just replacing a solid depth player with experience to take on Hawkins. The right move and Frawley deserves to come straight in.

Highmore comes in for Coffield. He has had a pretty lean run old coffers and will go well with a spell in the twos whilst highmore has been excellent for Sandy and gets reward.

Lonie gives us more speed and while we haven’t been able to utilise our three smalls in the one game maybe this week we can exploit Geelong with it. Not the perfect like for like replacement for Jones but in terms of speed it is a good fit

Ross in for Wood is a no brainer.
Why does Frawley deserve to come straight in ?

And the statement is that we are going to wheel out our novelty antique full back and ditch the kids? Hope Sandilands doesn't send Marshall back to Sandy.
I think that's pretty unfair on the face of it...of course we want some experience and upside potential in defence..if COFF hasn't been the 'HOFF', well every now and then a knight errant needs a kick up the proverbial...I love COFFIELD but if he's the right stuff it should have him frothing at the bit to redeem himself. Serve us well against the BULLDOGS. FRAWLEY has everything to prove now...this is his moment of truth..win loose or draw...he'll have to perform otherwise it's the slaughterhouse for Monsieur FRAWLEY. Or if you like the big fryer in the sky for the chip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back