lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
Tails and Renouf are the worst ruck duo I have ever seen play the game.

Watching the game with a few Hawkers and we are cracking up laughing at the two of them.

Kicking Skills 1/10
Handball skills 2/10
Decision making 1.5/10
Ruck work 2.5/10
Marking Skills 1/10

Total 8/50 for the two of them.

We must move on and give them both the golden hand shake on Monday and thank them both for giving it there best with the company.

Imagine Salmon or Don Scott sitting at home watching these two play the game and what they must be thinking.:eek:

Time for us to make some very hard calls.

Well at least Renouf has an excuse he has only played like 10 games

whats taylors excuse

The just loaths all game and is crap

Agreed - Renouf actually has potential but Taylor is shocking. Sick of this, just bring back Robbie or someone from Box Hill.

Taylor this year seems to have a big ass chip on his shoulder about missing the GF, and he seems to be intent on taking it out on anyone who get's in his way. How many stupid free kicks has he given away this year? 5 frees in just this game alone. :rolleyes:

Tails and Renouf are the worst ruck duo I have ever seen play the game.

Watching the game with a few Hawkers and we are cracking up laughing at the two of them.

Hear we go, Taylor going for goal. Well blow me down, kicked a lot better than 85% of the others kicking for goal today.

Take out the 12 free kicks Taylor gives away (wether they are there or not), reckon his clearence work isn't too bad. Maybe he's just a tall centerman in a ruckman's body!

Can someone explain to me WHY our ruckman are told not to kick the ball. First center bounce, Taylor gets the free kick and apparently kicking with the wind. Yet a 1m handball off to Bateman who is immediately under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Suzie will be ok. He's skills are poor, but then again apart from Cox, there aren't many Ruckman with super skills.

The problem is that a few times on Sunday i noticed him being used a bit in the midfied in the handball chain. Problem with that is that he's skills are poor, so he turns it over in crucial moments like that.

Either we have to stop going to him, or he has to get out of the way. Can't knock his effort though.

Taylor on the other hand isn't a long term prospect in my opinion. Not about to pot the bloke, because I think he works hard, but just lacks some fundamentals and is too undiciplined.

However, we are in a position when we have to play them both as Robbie has been injured, and Max is still a few away.

Moving forward I think if we can get Max and Suzie to be sharing the ruck duties and have Robbie pinch hit from the back line, we will be somewhat more balanced. 2010 will tell i guess....

Ive had enough. I cant take it anymore. Every day I wake up I grab the newspaper in anticipation. Maybe this is the day I read the headline I beat off to before my sleep, "Taylor delisted". Every morning I wake up flacid and unsatisfied.

GOD this guy is bad. PLEASE for the love of god replace him. You can have Seaby for free for all I care. Just stop it

I'm not going to bother looking at tayls stats.

He's played most games so I would expect his hit out stats to be high.

I would also expect his marks stats to be low and his dropped marks stats to be high.

I imagine his clangers would be higher than what is acceptable and I imagine his disposals average to be pretty low.

If there is a stat for handballing inappropriately then I would imagine that would be high too.

Like a couple of others he's in the side because we have no choice.

I will defend him in one way though, and that is to say that the club might have failed him in that they have not provided him with a decent ruck coach.

Taylor gives away to many free kicks. So many dumb dumb free kicks.

He tries though, but just doesn't have the footy nouse to complement his attributes.

Renouf, well jury is still out. Has potential.

God I hope Max Bailey is what we think he'll be, or Big Bob will have plenty of work to do.

Is it worth doing a geelong, playing one ruckman and having guys like Dowler, Roughie etc doing the back up?? Allows us to bring in another runner (dowler/Muston etc)

We need to give Susie one more season at least - he is young and rucks dont become AA until their mid 20's - For years people in WA have ridiculed Sandinlands and now people are saying he could be AA.

Will Max ever get onto the park - we are not sure - this means that we need to keep Tails as a backup - if we do delist him we must have an alternative - maybe trade with West Coast - Seaby for Tails - could not be worse - I dont know.

Taylor is going ok for somebody who is in the TOP TEN Ruckmen list this year.
I think you guys are getting Taylor mixed up with Renouf.

You'd think he has to be in the top 10 ruckmen for someone who's played almost 60 games and this is his 5th season. Renouf on the other hand doesn't have the experience but by all means has potential. Despite his experience, he's giving away more costly free's and barely making a contest.

We've got Robbie Campbell and Max Bailey who should be all fine by next season, so where does that leave Taylor?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back