Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kuta is the Bali that you're talking about. It's hell on earth, but some parts are really beautiful.
People are beautiful there.

Hard to please everyone I guess. Only a select few are human perfection.

Alas, not me, I'm very far from perfect.

Of course but thats just a cliche.

No excuses. It is was it is. But if that was the reason he was down on form and touch then thats encouraging for 2019.
Agree.
Just a cliche.

No such thing as perfection Saintly - in humanity or any other aspect of creation - it's all a journey and we are all works in progress.
True true.

Just sometimes on here, we get blessed with the perfection of humanity posting.
heady times :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok thought he was out this year. Gee list spots are going to be tight.

Overall I reckon we'll be ok for list spots this year.

Fas is gone, maybe Langdon perhaps now too if he decides to go elsewhere for better money.

Blair, Smith, Oxley, and Murray are almost certainly off the senior list as well one way or another, so that leaves us with 5-6 senior list spots to fill.

Mihocek will get promoted, which accounts for one of those spots, and then we would be looking at our first round pick + Quaynor and Kelly (if the price is right) in the draft and I'd personally be happy with that haul.

Broomhead and Kirby are a tricky proposition - Broomhead will probably be kept on but Kirby's only hope might be to go back to the rookie list, if there's scope to manage his heart issues - I'm hoping we still take the chance in him for another year to see if he can get himself in shape.

For the rookie list weclk definitely keep Appleby and Lynch there I reckon, but the tough call may come on Magden - he was ok when he came in at AFL level with being spectacular so, if we are considering the possibility of stashing Broomhead and/or Kirby on the rookie list for a year to see how they go we might struggle to fit Magden in.

I'm also hoping we manage to sink our claws into one or the two Irish boys everyone is looking at as a Cat B rookie.

Overall though I think we're in pretty decent shape in terms of list spots.

Fas is gone, maybe Langdon perhaps now too if he decides to go elsewhere for better money.

Blair, Smith, Oxley, and Murray are almost certainly off the senior list as well one way or another, so that leaves us with 5-6 senior list spots to fill.

Mihocek will get promoted, which accounts for one of those spots, and then we would be looking at our first round pick + Quaynor and Kelly (if the price is right) in the draft and I'd personally be happy with that haul.

Broomhead and Kirby are a tricky proposition - Broomhead will probably be kept on but Kirby's only hope might be to go back to the rookie list, if there's scope to manage his heart issues - I'm hoping we still take the chance in him for another year to see if he can get himself in shape.

For the rookie list weclk definitely keep Appleby and Lynch there I reckon, but the tough call may come on Magden - he was ok when he came in at AFL level with being spectacular so, if we are considering the possibility of stashing Broomhead and/or Kirby on the rookie list for a year to see how they go we might struggle to fit Magden in.

I'm also hoping we manage to sink our claws into one or the two Irish boys everyone is looking at as a Cat B rookie.

Madgen can remain on the Cat B rookie list for another 2 years I think. Still leaves us 2 spots there to fill.

I have us delisting / trading from the senior list - Fasolo, Blair, Smith, Murray and Kirby and promoting Mihocek. Appleby would be close as well.

Based on that would give us 2 live draft selections post Kelly and Quaynor but they are likely to be very late picks and am expecting something to happen with that selection #18.

I think we will have 2 in the rookie post upgrading Mihocek and delisting Oxley. I suspect Lynch stays and think a chance either Kirby or Murray will get a spot.

I have us delisting / trading from the senior list - Fasolo, Blair, Smith, Murray and Kirby and promoting Mihocek. Appleby would be close as well.

Based on that would give us 2 live draft selections post Kelly and Quaynor but they are likely to be very late picks and am expecting something to happen with that selection #18.

I think we will have 2 in the rookie post upgrading Mihocek and delisting Oxley. I suspect Lynch stays and think a chance either Kirby or Murray will get a spot.
Pies won't carry Murray for 4 years, if we wouldn't carry Thomas and Keeffe for 2

That sounds mostly reasonable. Cant see room to promote Appleby though, he might have to wait a year.

Cant see any scenario where Murray will be rerookied if delisted, because of the length of time his ban is likely to be. His only saving grace is if he survives the B sample and miracuoously avoids delisting in the first place. Kirby maybe is a chance of being rerookied but if hes not been doing the right thing to look after himself then that might be a long shot.

If the club wants to open up another list vacancy then Broomhead might be delisted. But given he was unlucky with his injured I suspect they will stick with him as he was starting to show some form. I'd move on Wills to free up a space and some cap as well.

Last edited:

Mostly agree with that. If we require more list spots, retaining both Mihocek and Appleby on the rookie list is an option, as is demoting either Broomy or Goldsack to the rookie list given their respective issues. Can't see Murray being retained. Love to see Kirby continue (health permitting).

Mostly agree with that. If we require more list spots, retaining both Mihocek and Appleby on the rookie list is an option, as is demoting either Broomy or Goldsack to the rookie list given their respective issues. Can't see Murray being retained. Love to see Kirby continue (health permitting).

Good point. Broomhead could be rookied as well.

So we making him a FF?

He might kick a couple playing deep against Frankston in the VFL, but AFL different again. Still, we lack much over 190cm up front... at least if he learns the defensive and contest aspect of the Mihocek role, then it adds to our forward depth - to a degree.

Imagine both he and Crocker in their last year on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back