Ryan O'Keefe asks for trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: O'keefe Officially quits swans!

So if the swans have no trade power:

Essendon - 1st rounder + Lovette
Collingwood - 1st rounder + R. Shaw
Western Bulldogs - 2nd Rounder + Ray

I think Essendon is in the box seat here, but does O'keefe want to go to a team that is rebuilding and has a youth based policy?

I think Essendon is in the box seat here, but does O'keefe want to go to a team that is rebuilding and has a youth based policy?

Don't be silly, Essendon will not give up theyre pick 5 for O'Keefe let alone with Lovett thrown in on the deal. O'Keefe is good but he is old in footy terms. 4 years left max.

Lovett and 23 is more like it. And we all know that Sydney trade and draft for need and they've made it quite clear they want Lovett.

Now that he's definitely going, i guess carlton are best placed.

carlton gives us pick 6 for ROK
we give our second round pick to the dons in exchange for lovett (he's a great player, but behaviour issues means you can't ask for a first round pick)...

i guess this assessment is a bit too simple, compared to others, but it would work nicely for both. may have to swap first round picks with carlton, but that doesn't seem right. ROK is a definite first round pick exchange. it will be hard to see rhino playing anywhere other than the swans, but that's footy i suppose...

Don't be silly, Essendon will not give up theyre pick 5 for O'Keefe let alone with Lovett thrown in on the deal. O'Keefe is good but he is old in footy terms. 4 years left max.

Lovett and 23 is more like it. And we all know that Sydney trade and draft for need and they've made it quite clear they want Lovett.

Sorry mate that's what i meant.

i feel for the swans, i hate it when a player just says he is walking out on a club it is a dog act as far as im concerned, they have done alot for him and he juts pulls the pin. WEAK is all i can say.

YES IM STILL HURT ABOUT JUDD

I agree there ... unless its a fringe player looking for a chance... this usually helps clubs at trade time with difficult situations.

I do not like the thought of such a player (gun) coming to my club because his heart for footy is not in the right place

Re: O'Keefe wants OUT

Btw, i know his family

they live in Essendon
he wants to go to Essendon from what i've heard

but, his family are in the US atm so he might be making the decision by himself

So really what your saying is...
Essendon- Pick 5 and Lovett
Collingwood- Pick 11 and Rhyce Shaw
Western Bulldogs- Pick 32 and Farran Ray

I don't see why pick 23 and Lovett wouldnt get the job done then because his is a much better player than Ray and it would be a pick 9 positions higher.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Andy Lovett only a year and a half younger then ROK, there would be no lost, IMO.

Re: Ryan O Keefe: Age Not a Factor

Adelaide will not be trading it's first round pick

you can book mark that

Regardless

In this trade Adelaide and Syd are the big losers, this trade will not happen

If Cameron Wood went to the Pies for Pick 14, you honestly believe the Swans will accept pick 10 for ROK :confused:
Cameron Wood wasn't about to turn 28.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why aren't the cats interested in O'Keefe? We lacked forward options in the grand final and i think O'Keefe would be a good combination with Mooney and Stevie Johnson.

Why aren't the cats interested in O'Keefe? We lacked forward options in the grand final and i think O'Keefe would be a good combination with Mooney and Stevie Johnson.

because he would do what steve johnson did in the grand final this year. push up the ground and take marks up on the wing and get involved in the midfield. i dont think geelong need another player like that at this stage.

Re: O'keefe OFFICIALLY quits swans!

You are clearly talking out of your backside mate and it shows in your pathetic little rant.

You know nothing about what happened when Sheedy left, you saw the
absolute minority of Essendon supporters who wanted to overthrow the board and re-instate Sheeds ranting on TV and in the media.

Do you really think the media was going to run stories on how most Essendon people realised it was time to move on and head in another direction? Did you not notice how the whole "Save Essendon" movement absolutely fell on its arse because no one bothered to turn up?

You make it out as arrogance that some supporters who wanted to retain Sheeds could actually move past their bias and accept that Matthew Knights was now the coach of Essendon and was doing a pretty good job all things considered.

I don't think you actually know WTF you're trying to say.

What you need to do before you post a response to someone elses post is have a little read back a few posts to see why they may have posted in such a manner.

For your information, I obviously wasn't directing the post at you but a few of your fellow Bomber posters are fair game when they want have a crack at other posters. That you were happy to have Knights as your new coach is fantastic............I don't really care about the whole topic............but that's great for you & your club.......................yeah! Fantastic actually.

But we were talking about players ages with your 'friends' claiming to have a better knowledge I our list then I yet when I ,tongue in cheek, had an opinion of your list, they didn't like it.

But anyway mate......................start your own argument elsewhere. This one was between me & some of your misinformed Essendon mates.

Run along now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back