Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

We're closing in on 4500 days since Hinkley took over - his voice at training is the only one most of our players have ever known. They won't say it publicly (if they did, they'd be dropped for insubordination), but inwardly I'm sure they want a new mentor to guide their careers.
Boak and Gray should have made a stand against the coach (internally) if they were serious about winning a flag.

If only 1 took the hard stance (ie me or the coach) then the club would have said goodbye to the player, but I think if the two of them had been vocal and stood together we might have seen a coach change before it was too late in their careers.

i didn't say that?

i was responding to many that are saying they were more connected and engaged with our club back in those days.
Back then, it was us (the club) against them (everyone else).

Now it's us (the members) vs them (the club).

Totally different relationship now.

Boak and Gray should have made a stand against the coach (internally) if they were serious about winning a flag.

If only 1 took the hard stance (ie me or the coach) then the club would have said goodbye to the player, but I think if the two of them had been vocal and stood together we might have seen a coach change before it was too late in their careers.
The 2016 Premiership Bulldogs are a prime example.

Enough of them agitated at the end of 2014 to get McCartney out of there.

Not nice, but necessary.

Now they've got shiny medals tucked away in their sock draws.

Although they don't have a share in Max Power I guess :cool:

THE FUTURE SYND

Literally the only good thing about Ken Hinkley's continued employment is the birth of the "Ken Hinkley, psychotic dog murderer" meme.
It's not even a meme lol

Chad Cornes and Charlie Dixon like

1714456319571.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe with his pay rise that he now owns racehorses as well. Wonder if he personally takes care of the non-winners.
You are definitely overpaying your non premiership coach if his hobby is owning racehorses!

He either has too much money from you OR too much time...or in the case of Hinkley BOTH!

THE FUTURE SYND

Chris Davies has been omitted.

Shame the club can't turnover coaching staff like members within their syndicates.

To be fair to Ken, I'll concede that he's our best coach for the past 11 years. But if we want to go back further and compare him with others, I think that's where he starts to struggle.

To be fair to Ken, I'll concede that he's our best coach for the past 11 years. But if we want to go back further and compare him with others, I think that's where he starts to struggle.

Don't forget that both Alan Richardson and Nathan Bassett coached 1 game each in the last 11 years. Neither of them won though which only magnifies the legend of Kenny. What would we do without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back