Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd definitely prefer Koch to go 1st. If he is replaced with an actual Port Adelaide person, Ken would follow him soon after anyway...
If Hinkley goes first, Koch picks his replacement.

That's the issue.

Any chance we can start some statistics for David Koch?

He must be on a pretty high number without reaching a Grand Final. I don't really know if there are readily available statistics for Chairman.

after a very quick look, the Bulldogs had David Smorgan at the top for 16 years 1996 - 2012. nothing else jumps out as quite that long at first glance. the perennially shit sides of late like Melbourne and St. Kilda haven't had anyone for that long from what I saw. curse of the Dave's

after a very quick look, the Bulldogs had David Smorgan at the top for 16 years 1996 - 2012. nothing else jumps out as quite that long at first glance. the perennially s**t sides of late like Melbourne and St. Kilda haven't had anyone for that long from what I saw. curse of the Dave's
Few at Fitzroy and Hawthorn. There are longer streaks elsewhere in the VFL/AFL.

Kochie owns it for us though, but some distance.

Koch becomes President of the Port Adelaide Football Club in October 2012 so basically in the off season with his first game as president in 2013 when Ken arrives.

I've got Koch on 259 consecutive games without a Grand Final appearance.

Ken must have missed two games with personal and health issues.

Edit - 259 games!!!

Last edited:
Some of the guys who know Boards of Directors will know a bit more about this but I noticed there are some clubs that have presidents for 3 and 6 year terms almost exclusively. I assume that is written into the charter and they are voted in by the members.

I think we have a big problem down at the club and it is Koch and fascism.

Some of the guys who know Boards of Directors will know a bit more about this but I noticed there are some clubs that have presidents for 3 and 6 year terms almost exclusively. I assume that is written into the charter and they are voted in by the members.

Wow wee!?! Not sure fascism is the analogy here!

Many companies do have maximum term limits on directors and chairs. I do have a feeling some AFL clubs do.

From memory Kennett may have brought it in at Hawthorn.

I also seem to vaguely remember Koch floating the idea in his early days at Port but I can't find anything to confirm that.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Many companies do have maximum term limits on directors and chairs. I do have a feeling some AFL clubs do.

I also seem to vaguely remember Koch floating the idea in his early days at Port but I can't find anything to confirm that.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kennett did because he served 6 years and then another guy got a go for 6 years and then Jeff came back for another 6 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to be wrong. Anyone can come at me. I don't care.

Tyrant. Dictatorial. Authoritarian. Consolidation of power. Suppression of media. Opposing views censored.

I am super pumped for the Kangaroos game.
Hahaha! You’re giving him way too much credit. Koch is barley competent enough to run a newsagent, he’s made a career out of insulating himself through building relationships with people who can protect him and in return he provides “stability” ie no threat to what they really want.

A budding Adolf or Mussolini of PAFC he is not.

I'm happy to be wrong. Anyone can come at me. I don't care.

Tyrant. Dictatorial. Authoritarian. Consolidation of power. Suppression of media. Opposing views censored.

I am super pumped for the Kangaroos game.

We've been on this roundabout somewhere in the thread before.

It is cronyism. Which in turn insulates them all.

Osborne has been there 13 years, Restas 12, Cardone 12, Ransom 8. They are all Koch people. They all need to fcuk off.

Matthew Richardson has been at Alberton (or Ethelton) for 24 fcuking years! He had zilch to do with the 2004 Premiership as he was still actively spruiking that the Port Adelaide Magpies were the real PAFC, the guy is a serial loser. Not 1 Premiership in his 24 years associated with the club. He needs to GTFO as much as anyone. So much dead wood.

Wow wee!?! Not sure fascism is the analogy here!

Hahaha! You’re giving him way too much credit. Koch is barley competent enough to run a newsagent, he’s made a career out of insulating himself through building relationships with people who can protect him and in return he provides “stability” ie no threat to what they really want.

A budding Adolf or Mussolini of PAFC he is not.
say what you want about fascists, they got the trains running on time

So my question is what are the ways to remove Koch from being Chairman?

Does he have free reign until he dies?

Is there any way members can vote him out?

Is there a democratic way to get rid of him?

Or is the club turning to the hopeless nihilism of the movie Cube?

I am basically asking is are we stuck with Koch until he wants to leave?

I just want to know.

Cronyism it is. I'm on board.

So there is no direct possible action of the members to remove Koch, is that correct?

There are a group of people on this forum who looked into that over the 22/23 calendar years and deduced there wasn't anything realistic that could be done - and I'd go as far to say that there wasn't a stone unturned in their efforts.

There are a group of people on this forum who looked into that over the 22/23 calendar years and deduced there wasn't anything realistic that could be done - and I'd go as far to say that there wasn't a stone unturned in their efforts.
So members aren't really members then with voting rights at all?

And sorry to ask, who changed this? Was it Koch himself? If so, that makes him even more insidious. He's not that smart but he is smarmy enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back