Traded Sam Kerridge [traded w/ #28 to Carlton for Troy Menzel]

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-13/blues-chasing-hard-after-outofcontract-crow

What's he worth?

Third rounder for mine. Given that holds no value to Adelaide at this point (more draft picks than spots on the list), wouldn't surprise me to see this deal get done with a pick swap/upgrade of picks of some sort.

Unless
a) it somehow forms part of the Bell trade to Brisbane (Mayes coming home?).
b) Blues third rounder gets used by Crows on Hampton

Do Blues fans want him?
Would imagine that carlton list management have a clean slate and would only want class trades or draft picks of their own doing.
Dont imagine they have room on the list to bring in average at this moment in time.

Would imagine that carlton list management have a clean slate and would only want class trades or draft picks of their own doing.
Dont imagine they have room on the list to bring in average at this moment in time.

Well my understanding from the article on afl.com.au is that it's Carlton chasing Kerridge pretty hard, not the Crows shopping him around? So this would be a trade of their own doing.

Well my understanding from the article on afl.com.au is that it's Carlton chasing Kerridge pretty hard, not the Crows shopping him around? So this would be a trade of their own doing.
Yep and i find that interesting,As a club i thought this was not the kind of thing they were chasing at the moment.
Thought they had defined brand new and start again.Maybe they see him as a 6 year build type.

Menzel is so severely overrated on this board it's not funny.

Yep, 8.9 possession average, and 1.2 goals in the bottom teams of the last few years. Sure he's only 40 games in, but not really setting the world on fire.

Yep, 8.9 possession average, and 1.2 goals in the bottom teams of the last few years. Sure he's only 40 games in, but not really setting the world on fire.
Yep, which is why we won't trade him. He hasn't had a pre-season yet and was plagued with injuries this year.

Has the talent, not going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, which is why we won't trade him. He hasn't had a pre-season yet and was plagued with injuries this year.

Has the talent, not going anywhere.

So you're saying he's injury prone? ;)

He was pretty good last year three yr/$300k deal mooted to be offered for Tom Bells pick.

So you're saying he's injury prone? ;)
Yes, and we knew that we when drafted him. He hurt his shoulder this year however.

lol that would be gigantic overs menzel
He was a first round draft pick in 2012, has had 3 years in the system. Shown some really nice signs. All he needs is a pre-season and will explode. Who would you take at pick 9 this year that would have more worth than Troy who has had 40+ games into him?

That's equally as laughable as Menzel straight swap for Kerridge
It really isn't, considering we drafted him 3 years, and has played every year. Only missing games due to injury. As I said above, who would you take at pick 9 that is worth more than Troy is now?

We aren't even looking at trading Troy, he is contracted. You would need to pay overs just for us to entertain the idea.

Yes, and we knew that we when drafted him. He hurt his shoulder this year however.

He was a first round draft pick in 2012, has had 3 years in the system. Shown some really nice signs. All he needs is a pre-season and will explode. Who would you take at pick 9 this year that would have more worth than Troy who has had 40+ games into him?

It really isn't, considering we drafted him 3 years, and has played every year. Only missing games due to injury. As I said above, who would you take at pick 9 that is worth more than Troy is now?

We aren't even looking at trading Troy, he is contracted. You would need to pay overs just for us to entertain the idea.

No disrespect but Sam Kerridge also would have played every year in that Carlton team.

Cant comment on pick 9 because I don't know enough about the draft.

weve lost Judd, Carrazzo, Bell... we need a solid two way mid that would add to depth. He should go well with Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps, Docherty, Graham, Curnow

Averages 12.15 touches and .85 goals.

Against North he averages 16.5 touches and 5 goals.

Hes a Bendigo boy = Carlton zone.

His averages are down because he was played as a tagger...he is 6ft 2...a beast. treated poorly by Adelaide was superb for Bendigo pioneers in 2011 they were rubbish but was consistently in match bests avg 24 disposals.

If it's Carlton chasing him and not kedge asking to go there, why would crows accept unders?
If he wants to come to Carlton for the money then you either match the money or come close. Or you trade where both clubs are happy. Or PSD.

For a player that you think is worth so much, why haven't you signed him up already?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back