Rumour Sanfl wants to dump a team

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a shitload of money tied up in that swamp dirt at West Lakes. They want to turn that asset into capital as soon as they can.

If we don't get our fair wedge from that slice up our Board should be lined up against the wall.

We've generated more money for the SANFL than anyone since 1877, and for them to even think about denying us that dividend would be the travesty of travesties.

If the Magpies were kicked out and the PAFC couldn't pick players from their zone to play in non SANFL sanctioned comps, then there will be a massive redrawing of boundaries in the metro Adelaide zone - every team would have new boundaries - and a s**t fight between the 8 clubs would happen to get the West Coast zone.

If Port left the SANFL and (for instance) joined a reserves comp with the Crows/WA/Tas sides, etc, why would we not be able to pick players from "our" zone, or any other zone for that matter. The zones concern SANFL clubs only. If we are not part of the SANFL, I don't imagine we should have to abide their zoning rules. If this happened, it would destroy the SANFL, as the reserves competition would be the better competition due to AFL listed players playing. Any young player with ambitions of AFL will want to get listed with the Crows or Port reserves, relegating the SANFL to a glorified amateur competition.

I'd like for this to happen.

If we don't get our fair wedge from that slice up our Board should be lined up against the wall.

We've generated more money for the SANFL than anyone since 1877, and for them to even think about denying us that dividend would be the travesty of travesties.
Why do our board need to be lined up if we don't a share of the asset sales - it's a SAFC decision.

Any exclusion would have likely been determined by the OnePort arrangement and as usual, to get what we wanted we had to roll over - remember the original licence. We had to comply, otherwise we would not even has got into the AFL and consequently would not have got the OnePort deal. I know that you will come back and say that we should have negotiated better, but we all well know, that the SNAFL held all of the aces.

What's going to happen to alberton. This may have already been asked. But could the afl, having taken control of ports license, use a $20mill (pure guess) development of alberton into a boutique 20-30k stadium for better leverage against the sma. Right now, what is to stop the sma screwing both clubs as the sanfl does now.

With the ground rationalisation thats occured in the last 15 years or so, I cant see why the AFL would want to turn Alberton into a playing arena. It would need a drastic amount of work.

If they wanted us to play in a smaller boutique stadium, then we should be playing out of current day, pre-bulldozer Adelaide Oval.

OnePAFC has probably seen an end to any potential dividend. And if the Magpies still get wiped out it would've been for nought.

With the ground rationalisation thats occured in the last 15 years or so, I cant see why the AFL would want to turn Alberton into a playing arena. It would need a drastic amount of work.

If they wanted us to play in a smaller boutique stadium, then we should be playing out of current day, pre-bulldozer Adelaide Oval.

Plenty of parking space now.

079824-adelaide-oval.jpg

Why do our board need to be lined up if we don't a share of the asset sales - it's a SAFC decision.

Any exclusion would have likely been determined by the OnePort arrangement and as usual, to get what we wanted we had to roll over - remember the original licence. We had to comply, otherwise we would not even has got into the AFL and consequently would not have got the OnePort deal. I know that you will come back and say that we should have negotiated better, but we all well know, that the SNAFL held all of the aces.

The loss of the ailing Port Magpies versus a rightful share in $250,000,000-300,000,000... and the Magpies might be snuffed anyway?

I'd love to back you here Tribey and the SANFL owes us countless millions for lining their coffers since forever, but what leverage do we have to demand anything here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back