Status in Question Sexual offenders attending AFL events

Remove this Banner Ad

I am trying to understand the rationale as to why you joined BF to make this post, and somehow sorting through the thousands of threads, to find this thread - Would have thought this was an issue for the police - Let's hope you are not one who is famous for 'big talk', rather than big action.
Don't worry, the police have been and are being kept up to date.

You do know she married him AFTER he did this right?

So what - All criminals have significant others and partners - Of course you are making a GUESS that Sheahan knew of the offences before she married Fitzpatrick.

Let's put one thing on the table. 90% of sexual offenses occur within peoples own families. Yes.

The trench coat wearing pedophile is really not the concern we should be discussing. Your kids are safe at an afl game.

5% of the population are sociopaths, and 1% are psychopaths. Psychopaths get enjoyment from peoples suffering. So in Australia we have approx 250,000 psychos in the community. At an AFL crowd of 50,000 there would be 500 psychos at the game. Not to mention the 2,500 sociopaths.
Anyone who doesnt keep their kids in their sight at all times out in public is nuts.

5% of the population are sociopaths, and 1% are psychopaths. Psychopaths get enjoyment from peoples suffering. So in Australia we have approx 250,000 psychos in the community. At an AFL crowd of 50,000 there would be 500 psychos at the game. Not to mention the 2,500 sociopaths.
Anyone who doesnt keep their kids in their sight at all times out in public is nuts.
Sounds like you'd be fun as a parent! Psychopaths don't get Joy out of people's suffering - they merely don't empathize with suffering. Big difference.

Is this satire?

I dont know where to begin.

It doesn’t sit too well with me but he may well be a changing man. He’s clearly a disturbed person but I reckon people are overreacting as if this is a huge crime against humanity - attending Pies training is probably an easy way for he and his mum to spend quality time together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there something wrong with what I said? I’m up for discussion if you don’t like my post. Be honest, it’s a serious topic.

Like I said, it doesn’t sit well with me given his past, but *shun*, I am a huge believer in human reformation and that people can change and be contributors to society.

This isn’t a school clinic, it’s senior football training, and of course there are kids there. There are kids every where, and they’re all accompanied by their parents and guardians, or at worst they are in groups of their own friends.

If he’s in the company of his own mother who enjoys seeing her club training, and he enjoys it too, and there’s no offences being committed nor reason to believe there will be, then he should be able to watch. The club would be very aware of he and his mother’s presence.

If you think a peodophile should not be given a chance to rebuild his life you are only adding to the problem.

What happens when he is shut up at home , hunted daily by wanna be good guys. They build resentment , they feel alienation , then the next time they see a chance to offend they jump at it.
What i have learnt is having offenders in counseling programs , having boundaries set and reinforced by professionals, having offending groups like Railway historical society , churches, scouts held accountable is the way to go, Offering victims a place to report.
When you have an offender, offer them the resources to rehabilitate otherwise just take them out the back and shoot them. Hounding them into submission just does not work.
A guy going to footy training WITH his mother is most appropriate. Public toilets are an issue but again these can be avoided if the outings are planned.
Remember the phrase, keep your friends close and you enemies closer. This way you can have input into their lives.
Ostracise and you reap what you sew.
Some guys will always be deemed likely to offend , they do need full time supervision. No way around it.
This guy was obviously not rated like that and a day at footy training can be part of his rebuild.

If you think a peodophile should not be given a chance to rebuild his life you are only adding to the problem.

What happens when he is shut up at home , hunted daily by wanna be good guys. They build resentment , they feel alienation , then the next time they see a chance to offend they jump at it.
What i have learnt is having offenders in counseling programs , having boundaries set and reinforced by professionals, having offending groups like Railway historical society , churches, scouts held accountable is the way to go, Offering victims a place to report.
When you have an offender, offer them the resources to rehabilitate otherwise just take them out the back and shoot them. Hounding them into submission just does not work.
A guy going to footy training WITH his mother is most appropriate. Public toilets are an issue but again these can be avoided if the outings are planned.
Remember the phrase, keep your friends close and you enemies closer. This way you can have input into their lives.
Ostracise and you reap what you sew.
Some guys will always be deemed likely to offend , they do need full time supervision. No way around it.
This guy was obviously not rated like that and a day at footy training can be part of his rebuild.
They found kiddie pr0n on his computer.

They found kiddie pr0n on his computer.
Yeah, that’s not good enough. Was he given further charges? His propensity to reoffend would be assessed by the courts at the time of his sentencing.
If and when he is released back into the public he still needs to be allowed to do activities but with limitations that are deemed suitable.
Tracking devices, supervision, restricted spaces.
Still think footy training is viable option .

Yeah, that’s not good enough. Was he given further charges? His propensity to reoffend would be assessed by the courts at the time of his sentencing.
If and when he is released back into the public he still needs to be allowed to do activities but with limitations that are deemed suitable.
Tracking devices, supervision, restricted spaces.
Still think footy training is viable option .
Invite him over for dinner.

It’s comforting that we can predict the numbers so accurately, now we just hunt them down until we reach the quota. Job done 😁

Why?
You suggesting that since i have discussed a methodical learned approach that I should now be his mate and cook him a meal???
Yes!
If i said no would this be your justification to hang him high???
Who said he should be hanged?
Love to hear how you think how this guy should be dealt with?
5 years - No TV, phone, laptop/tablet, internet.

He's still doing the same s**t on twitter as before...he has no filter despite being reminded from others.
I'd like to think I already have.

Yes!

Who said he should be hanged?

5 years - No TV, phone, laptop/tablet, internet.

He's still doing the same s**t on twitter as before...he has no filter despite being reminded from others.

I'd like to think I already have.
I can see your not serious.
Moronic approach of harsh penalty, that’ll fix everything.
Again., tell us your plan for this guy??? Remove all devices for 5 years, hahaha. Oh you pathetic soul. Then what happens after 5 years ??? He has open slather to devices and no skills to deal with his urges.
Why should he not attend footy training with his mum???

I can see your not serious.
Moronic approach of harsh penalty, that’ll fix everything.
Again., tell us your plan for this guy??? Remove all devices for 5 years, hahaha. Oh you pathetic soul. Then what happens after 5 years ??? He has open slather to devices and no skills to deal with his urges.
Why should he not attend footy training with his mum???
You know what...you've convinced me.

Chief Doss I have taken heed to Slutifartfast's view in this thread and I am of the opinion that Mr Meadows deserves another chance. In aid of his rehabilitation I think we should welcome him back to the Bigfooty community with open arms.

What say you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back