SFNL Division 4 2018

Who will win the 2018 SFNL Division 4 Premiership?

• Carrum Patterson Lakes

• Cerberus

• Dandenong

• Frankston Dolphins

• Lyndale

• Lyndhurst

• Moorabbin

• Sandown Cobras

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think they will be flogged. I also wonder how they plan on keeping kids around that are outside best 22 if they only have one team. Thirds was fine as you could have a bench of ten. This is totally different and if you are employing some kind of rotation policy to give guys a run in a senior comp, it will end in tears.

I think they will be flogged. I also wonder how they plan on keeping kids around that are outside best 22 if they only have one team. Thirds was fine as you could have a bench of ten. This is totally different and if you are employing some kind of rotation policy to give guys a run in a senior comp, it will end in tears.
With the benefit of having an ex-service background (RAAF), I don't think they will struggle all that much.

They're a military organization which makes it hard for them to recruit from outside the base itself but they will have enough fit players from within the base. Unless things have changed in the Military since I left some 15 years ago, if a serving member wants to play for a civilian Club rather than the club offered on the base, they require the Commanding Officers approval otherwise they may forfeit they're 'free medical' cover (it's usually a good driver to get involved locally!).

The base is also the major training facility for Navy Recruits so I find it highly unlikely that recruits would be allowed off the base on weeknights so they'd have to train with the Cerberus team if they wanted to train/play....and then the recruits would require approval to participate as injury could see them booted off their courses and then that impacts the Navy's numbers further down the line. There's a lot of what if's.

Once again, with the benefit of my service time and having played against the Navy on many occasions, there won't be an issue with them fielding a side and I don't think they'll be uncompetitive, especially in Div. 4 and regardless of rotations.

Hope this forum stays upbeat and there's some good dialogue amongst the group. I'd hate to see it unravel and degenerate and hit the lows that the Div. 3 forum hit in 2017.

Only 93 days to Round 1

Someone mentioned that they had an arrangement to take the overflow of players from one of the other local clubs. Maybe that might help them get a ressies up

when Moorabbin played them last time thay were aload to have 4 players from outside the base to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the benefit of having an ex-service background (RAAF), I don't think they will struggle all that much.

They're a military organization which makes it hard for them to recruit from outside the base itself but they will have enough fit players from within the base. Unless things have changed in the Military since I left some 15 years ago, if a serving member wants to play for a civilian Club rather than the club offered on the base, they require the Commanding Officers approval otherwise they may forfeit they're 'free medical' cover (it's usually a good driver to get involved locally!).

The base is also the major training facility for Navy Recruits so I find it highly unlikely that recruits would be allowed off the base on weeknights so they'd have to train with the Cerberus team if they wanted to train/play....and then the recruits would require approval to participate as injury could see them booted off their courses and then that impacts the Navy's numbers further down the line. There's a lot of what if's.

Once again, with the benefit of my service time and having played against the Navy on many occasions, there won't be an issue with them fielding a side and I don't think they'll be uncompetitive, especially in Div. 4 and regardless of rotations.

Hope this forum stays upbeat and there's some good dialogue amongst the group. I'd hate to see it unravel and degenerate and hit the lows that the Div. 3 forum hit in 2017.

Only 93 days to Round 1

Well they did previously. Hopefully if they re-enter the comp things will be better this time around.

I believe the Cerberus alignment was with Crib Point in the Nepean.

I’m surprised if anything of note happens, imo selfishly most clubs would prefer excess player numbers to stick around at their club and run water, support the club etc than to fill in elsewhere. It’s a bit of a catch 22 scenario.

On the Cerberus situation, they’ve been far too strong in the thirds over a number of years and with the league wanting to create a forth division something had to give.

I think Cerebus had a rotation policy for players last year where even their captain/coach had to miss a game or 2...couple that with 10 on the bench in the 3rds and I'd think they'd be able to put up 2 teams

Most of the transfers are for our Womens side. Like most clubs got a few coming in and with the drop down got a few going out.

heard lyndale struggling to get 10 to training any truth? and that 3/4 of the senior side is gone?

I think Cerebus had a rotation policy for players last year where even their captain/coach had to miss a game or 2...couple that with 10 on the bench in the 3rds and I'd think they'd be able to put up 2 teams
Cerberus the last few years have been the best home and away side in the thirds, however lost a heap late in the year on navy assignment.
Would be great if they could get back to 10 or so years ago when their home games were a real event. Good crowds from the base, brass bands, good day on the turps for the twos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back