Traded Shane McAdam [Traded to Melbourne for F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh..

If its a 3rd rounder then I am quite happy to see my club send him to the PSD… and if he makes it to the crows 1st pick there.. then pick him!..

Dont reckon he’ll get past west coast though..

If we are only getting a 3rd rounder which is worth nothing in this years draft then I’m totally comfortable for the club to fxxk him and the dees over by sending him to the PSD.. with the threat that if he’s still on the board they will pick him.

If the dees want to be tightarses then its on them.

Meh..

If its a 3rd rounder then I am quite happy to see my club send him to the PSD… and if he makes it to the crows 1st pick there.. then pick him!..

Dont reckon he’ll get past west coast though..

If we are only getting a 3rd rounder which is worth nothing in this years draft then I’m totally comfortable for the club to fxxk him and the dees over by sending him to the PSD.. with the threat that if he’s still on the board they will pick him.

If the dees want to be tightarses then its on them.
Yes good thinking, totally screw trading relations with another club over McAdam.

MFC have a great reputation for fair dealing, you'll get correct market value or better.

Thats all good then..but talk of a 3rd rounder is not dealing in good faith..or 'fair dealing' in our eyes
Hilarious isnt..

The Dees have aparently said, if the media reports are correct..

“We arent giving up anything more than a third rounder” in a draft year where most pundents recognise that any picks after pick 30 are viewed as being less valuable than junk..

Yet when crows supporters say “well, if thats the stance the dees want to take.. happy for our club to send him to the PSD cause if they are going to give us something of zero value for him then fxxk em”…

And that somehow makes us the ones “negotiating in bad faith”!!…

Reeks of hypocracy.

Hilarious isnt..

The Dees have aparently said, if the media reports are correct..

“We arent giving up anything more than a third rounder” in a draft year where most pundents recognise that any picks after pick 30 are viewed as being less valuable than junk..

Yet when crows supporters say “well, if thats the stance the dees want to take.. happy for our club to send him to the PSD cause if they are going to give us something of zero value for him then fxxk em”…

And that somehow makes us the ones “negotiating in bad faith”!!…

Reeks of hypocracy.
Its all theatre..they are not going to start negotiations at pick 24 are they, they will start low and we start high and it will meet in the middle - if i was a punter, I'd be backing it being their 2nd rounder in the 30's

Its all theatre..they are not going to start negotiations at pick 24 are they, they will start low and we start high and it will meet in the middle - if i was a punter, I'd be backing it being their 2nd rounder in the 30's
I believe Crows fans started out with Harry Petty or Tom Sparrow, the matching MFC position is a F4th. Inching towards something fair ...

I believe Crows fans started out with Harry Petty or Tom Sparrow, the matching MFC position is a F4th. Inching towards something fair ...
I think that was just because Crows do not need picks this year. We've got (at this stage) picks 9, 21, 24 (plus 48 and 84) and are expecting Doedee to take up FA and we'll get whatever magic formula the AFL come up with there as well. A late pick will not get used, we don't have the list spots. So a player is preferred and the only SA players of interest are Petty and Sparrow - so perhaps Petty + whatever pick is fair -> Melbourne is more useful than a pick we will not use and will not be able to bundle up.

The Crows offered him 2 years, they obviously didn't think much of him if they wouldn't offer a third year until Melbourne did and he chose Melbourne. Look forward to the most likely scenario of getting him for the right value of a third rounder.
Look we can play that stupid game you are doing too.

We have the PSD threat :) ..give us Petty or he goes to WCE for free and Melbourne miss out on him

The Crows offered him 2 years, they obviously didn't think much of him if they wouldn't offer a third year until Melbourne did and he chose Melbourne. Look forward to the most likely scenario of getting him for the right value of a third rounder.
Dees only think he’s worth a third rounder in a draft where picks after 30 are considered worthless..

Dees obviously believe he’s worthless..

Look forward to see him suit up for West Coast next year after being sent to the PSD..

See.. two can play that childish game..

I think that was just because Crows do not need picks this year. We've got (at this stage) picks 9, 21, 24 (plus 48 and 84) and are expecting Doedee to take up FA and we'll get whatever magic formula the AFL come up with there as well. A late pick will not get used, we don't have the list spots. So a player is preferred and the only SA players of interest are Petty and Sparrow - so perhaps Petty + whatever pick is fair -> Melbourne is more useful than a pick we will not use and will not be able to bundle up.
In your fantasy scenario why are Melbourne giving up a pick as well as Petty? The Crows would be the ones sending picks with McAdam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your fantasy scenario why are Melbourne giving up a pick as well as Petty? The Crows would be the ones sending picks with McAdam.
Perhaps I didn't word it correctly - Petty for McAdam and picks - whatever is a fair price. Just pointing out that a player trade is better for Crows than a pick - and that a pick that isn't going to be used is a worthless offer.

Crows are still going hard for Petty, who is considering whether to come home.

I would Surprised if the Crows pull it off as contracted, but reckon he may move back after the end of his contract.

The Crows matched the Dees 3rd year, but McAdam was after a change.

He's best 22 so we rated him.

He can go to West Coast then, he won't but he can.
It would be a poor look for the Dees to target a player then refuse to make a fair trade. Player managers will make noise.

At the moment it's all bluster & I'm sure a deal will be done.

The Crows matched the Dees 3rd year, but McAdam was after a change.

He's best 22 so we rated him.
If you rated him then why didn't Adelaide offer 3 years to begin with?

It would be a poor look for the Dees to target a player then refuse to make a fair trade. Player managers will make noise.

At the moment it's all bluster & I'm sure a deal will be done.
You're right it will be done and I fully expect you Crows fans to be very disappointed with the pick you receive.

If you rated him then why didn't Adelaide offer 3 years to begin with?

You're right it will be done and I fully expect you Crows fans to be very disappointed with the pick you receive.
I hope the club draws a line in the sand if Melbourne offer up a rubbish pick and let him go to the PSD..even funnier if McAdam decided he didn't want that and signed back on with us

Adelaide aren’t sending McAdam to the PSD. Let’s face it this only generally has happened with players like Stevens and Martin. Players who held some extra value. McAdam is being overrated here. He’ll be 29 next year and seems we’re expecting he gets a lot better??
He’ll fit well in our forward line but wouldn’t expect he nets more than a late second.

What was the backlash like after Adelaide did the same to GWS over Hateley?
lol .. SFA

I liked Hately, but lets face it, he only managed to play around 15 games in 3 seasons at Adelaide. We were a bottom 6 team for 2 of those seasons.

Adelaide offered GWS pick 40 for him, GWS wanted a late 1st or early 2nd

GWS then walked away and said they were too busy thrashing out a deal with Geelong for Cameron to bother coming back to the table

With hindsight you could say that the offer for Hately was generous

We had the first pick in the PSD that year. GWS seriously were just not that interested

Adelaide aren’t sending McAdam to the PSD. Let’s face it this only generally has happened with players like Stevens and Martin. Players who held some extra value. McAdam is being overrated here. He’ll be 29 next year and seems we’re expecting he gets a lot better??
He’ll fit well in our forward line but wouldn’t expect he nets more than a late second.
See above

Apart from maybe ABAB, I don't think I've seen any Adelaide posters over valuing McAdam. A couple Melbourne posters have been repetitively claiming a 3rd or 4th is enough.

It does get boring reading (scrolling past) garbage, are you really surprised that people respond occasionally?

Pick 32 but clearly he is still wanted by the club so will logically target pick 24.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back