Rumour Son of AFL "Legend" accused of assault and distributing images

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You clearly had perfect parents and no social life in your teens.

Yep- the girls parents should have taught her not to fall asleep.

Even if she had had a drink- her parents may have been amazing and spoken about responsible drinking- perhaps they are european and allowed her to have a glass of wine at dinner- her drink may have been spiked, or extra shots of tasteless spirit like vodka added by deviant young men.

Whatever the background- there are only one set of parents to blame- and that is the boys.
Bring your sons up to respect women.

Clearly your parents did an ordinary job in this area.

I will also bet that you are not a parent.
It’s amazing isn’t it?

Even kids with fantastic parents probably will rebel at some stage and sneak off to a party with alcohol at far too young of an age. Plenty of my mates did. For all we know she could have told her parents she was off to a sleepover and then snuck out.

That doesn’t mean she should be expected to end up in a situation like this. Her parents are not to blame.

Young males make lapses in judgment and pass out when it comes to underage drinking. They don’t end up being exploited like this girl.

Honestly just disgusting for that other poster to blame the victim’s parents. I’d like to think that one day if I have a daughter I could send her off to a friends and if she does make a decision to underage drink behind my back, she doesn’t end up around some turd who thinks it’s okay to exploit someone like this.

I'm a parent.
I don't believe my boys would conduct such an act. But i can't rely on everyone else in the world to be a good parent , like you seem to think you can.
Our daughter sure as hell wasn't going out to boozy parties at 14.
A parent could drop off their girl, meet the parents and for all you know they could easily sneak off elsewhere. It really isn’t that hard for a kid unless you are GPS tracking them.

They could even simply be going to some booze free party where some kids you’ve never seen or heard of rock up with some booze. It happened multiple times in my teen years. I hardly see how thats poor parenting if I then go and have a few beers and end up in a bad situation.

It’s the same crap argument some bang on about when a girl gets raped leaving a nightclub or bar. “She should have been wearing more”, “why did she drink so much alcohol?” etc. It’s complete garbage.

It’s amazing isn’t it?

Even kids with fantastic parents probably will rebel at some stage and sneak off to a party with alcohol at far too young of an age. Plenty of my mates did. For all we know she could have told her parents she was off to a sleepover and then snuck out.

That doesn’t mean she should be expected to end up in a situation like this. Her parents are not to blame.

Young males make lapses in judgment and pass out when it comes to underage drinking. They don’t end up being exploited like this girl.

Honestly just disgusting for that other poster to blame the victim’s parents. I’d like to think that one day if I have a daughter I could send her off to a friends and if she does make a decision to underage drink behind my back, she doesn’t end up around some turd who thinks it’s okay to exploit someone like this.

He didn't "blame" them, but there's also an issue of putting yourself in harms way/allowing a child into a risky situation.
If you are an attractive young girl, i don't suggest you go on a bikini bike tour through Syria. You should be able to , in an ideal world....but don't.
The blame of course, goes to the perpetrators.

Correct , she might have snuck out , and we don't know.

A parent could drop off their girl, meet the parents and for all you know they could easily sneak off elsewhere. It really isn’t that hard for a kid unless you are GPS tracking them.

They could even simply be going to some booze free party where some kids you’ve never seen or heard of rock up with some booze. It happened multiple times in my teen years. I hardly see how thats poor parenting if I then go and have a few beers and end up in a bad situation.

It’s the same crap argument some bang on about when a girl gets raped leaving a nightclub or bar. “She should have been wearing more”, “why did she drink so much alcohol?” etc. It’s complete garbage.

Some of the non-parents here are pretty naive too.

I'm a parent but i was a kid too.
Some of the things you say happen , i know, my kids have come home from parties and told us how XXX , YYY and ZZZ had booze there.
Stuff used to be "Worse" way worse than they are now, it got swept under the rug.

Guess what, most parents get to know their kids.

Are you incapable of comprehension. The blame is clearly on a perpetrator, but you are certainly at less risk if you don't pass out drunk.

As for giving the guy the "maximum possible punishment" that would be 10 years Jail. I don't think that would be appropriate in this case.
There is a reason there are graduated penalties.

If you ask me, the parents of the boy who did this vile act should also be forced to pay for the months, if not years of therapy this poor girl will likely need.

All our concern should be about the welfare and emotional/mental state of the victim, zero sympathy or empathy for the lad, he was old enough to know what he was doing.

If you ask me, the parents of the boy who did this vile act should also be forced to pay for the months, if not years of therapy this poor girl will likely need.

All our concern should be about the welfare and emotional/mental state of the victim, zero sympathy or empathy for the lad, he was old enough to know what he was doing.
Second comment I agree with but the first is just ridiculous. Parents are only one factor in how someone turns out. For all you know, they could be decent people who just overestimated the intelligence/empathy that their son had. I'm sure they're mortified to find out what he's done.

Blame the lad and only the lad, he made his own choice, not his parents.

I don't care what his name was, but i hope the little bastard gets the maximum possible punishment. As a father, I don't think I could stop myself from delivering justice myself if this happened to my daughter.
In my experience Ando It does not work that way.I had the same thoughts that if anyone did anything to my 3 sons I would sort it out myself. This was until a schoolteacher molested my youngest son when he was in grade 1.The reality is I had his brothers and mum to look after through our horrible family period. Going and seeking revenge was never going to work for me. I still to this day feel guilty because of what happened to my son, even though it was out of my control, as the offending happened at the school during classes. The education department tried to cover it up as well.fooking disgrace. The teacher got four years jail. My son has blossomed into a wonderful young 33 year old and just started his own family.

Second comment I agree with but the first is just ridiculous. Parents are only one factor in how someone turns out. For all you know, they could be decent people who just overestimated the intelligence/empathy that their son had. I'm sure they're mortified to find out what he's done.

Blame the lad and only the lad, he made his own choice, not his parents.
Not sure about that. Kid is 15. Maybe the "legend" and his wife should've paid more attention to their son's character, making sure he's a decent person, respectful of girls/ women instead of prioritising his sporting prowess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So has the mod who named the family been banned yet?

How about stripping him of his role?

My guess is absolutely nothing will happen to him, it's the bigfooty way

He/she should be rewarded for this community service. Our daughters are more safe now.

In my experience Ando It does not work that way.I had the same thoughts that if anyone did anything to my 3 sons I would sort it out myself. This was until a schoolteacher molested my youngest son when he was in grade 1.The reality is I had his brothers and mum to look after through our horrible family period. Going and seeking revenge was never going to work for me. I still to this day feel guilty because of what happened to my son, even though it was out of my control, as the offending happened at the school during classes. The education department tried to cover it up as well.fooking disgrace. The teacher got four years jail. My son has blossomed into a wonderful young 33 year old and just started his own family.

Yep, this, you made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back