St Kilda, Ross Lyon, The Psychology Of Tribe, And Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate you are kidding yourself if you think you were the better side last night.

You got a lucky win like you did against Geelong thanks to the umpires.

It looks like Freo also bought themselves an umpires gold pass when they bought their new coach.

Give it a break, you are now accusing the umpires of colluding with a team for wins.

Please take a step back from your computer, this is embarrassing .

It looks like Freo also bought themselves an umpires gold pass when they bought their new coach.

Always good to read the thoughts of a fan who accepts their team's inadequacies with equanimity.

Give it a break, you are now accusing the umpires of colluding with a team for wins.

Please take a step back from your computer, this is embarrassing .
No, don't stop him, it's entertaining. :)

I hope you start getting used to losing soon, theres a lot of them to come for you this year.

Sad. St.Kilda had their chance to win, their lack of forward line composure and greedy kicking cost them the game. Milne was lazy and seems to be choking so close to 500.

56 inside 50's to 44. You didn't convert well enough.

lol, you are so bitter.

Well they had more clearances, contested possessions, tackles and inside 50s. Most of the time they went forward they had no one to kick to. Reiwoldt and Milne are past it. Kosi is average. They let that game get away.

The Saints have had a good start to the season, up until yesterday. And the stats do back up what I said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think 2011 showed Ross's window with the saints was up. His coaching in the finals v the swans was complacent and very unross like.
Very unlucky not to have got us a flag, but coached for the present. With our list we need a coach willing to bring in a new system and new players. The uncompromising defensive based footy took its toll, as it appears to have done for the pies.
With Geelong the obvious exception, getting into two grand finals is as good as it gets in modern footy. Since 2004 we've seen the swans, eagles, port, saints, pies all play in two. The hawks in one and one prelim, the dogs in two prelims. Saints very unlucky.
Good luck to Freo, better luck to us I hope.
Happy with our new coach - we wouldn't have gone forward with Ross this year.

I think 2011 showed Ross's window with the saints was up. His coaching in the finals v the swans was complacent and very unross like.
Very unlucky not to have got us a flag, but coached for the present. With our list we need a coach willing to bring in a new system and new players. The uncompromising defensive based footy took its toll, as it appears to have done for the pies.
With Geelong the obvious exception, getting into two grand finals is as good as it gets in modern footy. Since 2004 we've seen the swans, eagles, port, saints, pies all play in two. The hawks in one and one prelim, the dogs in two prelims. Saints very unlucky.
Good luck to Freo, better luck to us I hope.
Happy with our new coach - we wouldn't have gone forward with Ross this year.

Ross made the right decision Here he is last night, after the game:

819382-ross-lyon.jpg

OK. Thrashed us by 4 points. :D

A win is a win. I don't hear anyone complaining when you only beat the hawks by 1 point. The better team on the day is the one with the 4 points, simple really.

Umpiring was fine and I was glad they put away the whistle for once. 12 a piece for free kicks so I can't see how it could be shockingly bad or one sided.

A win is a win. I don't hear anyone complaining when you only beat the hawks by 1 point. The better team on the day is the one with the 4 points, simple really.

Umpiring was fine and I was glad they put away the whistle for once. 12 a piece for free kicks so I can't see how it could be shockingly bad or one sided.

Is that your big hang up, that I said the better team lost? Well, yeah on one level the better team always wins.

On another level sometimes teams just throw away their opportunities. The Saints in the second quarter were shocking in that regard.

I travelled over for the game - it was an arm wrestle all night.

This was a game that a Pre-Ross Freo would of not turned up for a qtr and been thrashed.

From my vantage point, early St K scored of Freo errors ...2nd half these gimmies were not there and the Sainters were trying to kick into a loaded defensive half.

Blaming the umps is pathetic - St K skill errors gave Freo the easier run in the 2nd half and we were running harder at the end of the game.

Basically if St K were good enough they would of converted a number of those kickable goals in the last and upped the ante.

Where I grew up - bad kicking is bad football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back