Stevie J bump on Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Is not part of the problem that there is only reporting of incidents and/ or MRP? NRL have sin bins and send offs. Soccer has yellow or redcards- RU has sin bins.- the reason is that there is a consequence to suffer affecting the game result!!!!!!

One of the posters is correct. If he is allowed off and swans meet gws in GF knowing there is only repercussions next year then why wouldn't you carry a baseball bat on the field with you on GF day?

Exteme way of Making my point but true. There needs to be a consequence in the game itself. GWS were rewarded for illegal play. Who knows to what extent it influenced outcome.

One week? It's a double edged sword because Sydney put Kennedy back on the field so they couldn't say impact was high in the medical report. Bloody lucky Stevie J.

There is more and better vision in the following link on Footy Feed discussed by Nathan Schmook. 3 minutes in.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2016-09-11/boomer-unsure-dal-speaks-giant-trouble

From one angle, Johnson can be seen lifting his elbow as he approaches Kennedy. If they decide to look at that vision, Johnson is out for at least two.
that's the best vision i've seen of contact , but it is clear the damage was done when he slammed his head backwards into ground, they charging him out of suspicion it seems

Bit confused how Buddy didn't at least get a fine for punching Mumford.

Precedent was set with Hawkins on Davis earlier in the year, don't see a reason why Buddy shouldn't cop a week also.

Bit confused how Buddy didn't at least get a fine for punching Mumford.

Precedent was set with Hawkins on Davis earlier in the year, don't see a reason why Buddy shouldn't cop a week also.

Probably because giving Steve Johnson only a week and clearing Mumford forced them to ignore all the Swans comparatively minor indiscretions.

Seriously. One week for that snipe is a disgrace. And denying Tippet's head hit the turf is just as big a disgrace. It's as though we don't have video for all to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know what happened to the Rohan one. Good sweep job on that by the media.
Contact between the Sydney Swans' Gary Rohan and the GWS Giants' Heath Shaw from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was assessed. Rohan made glancing contact to Shaw and it was the view of the panel that the impact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence.

what does a player need to do for a charge to warrent intentional grading. It appears virtually all reports are based on careless conduct.

I want to know what happened to the Rohan one. Good sweep job on that by the media.
Id cut your loses and run, stevie J should have been offered 3 down to 2, Mumford lucky as fk. Hardly surprising though, as if afl would suspend Giants for a granny.

I'm seeing an elbow to the chest. Didn't look like high contact to me. In fact, from one angle it looked really strange that he even went down so hard? But doesn't look like high contact. I say no case to answer.

Wondering whether the head hitting the floor actually caused the grogginess.

Immediately struck he buckled at the knees and dropped to ground as though knocked out. You do not do that with a blow to chest. You may double over or be winded or go on your haunches but you do not buckle and collapse. You only do that with a head knock.

Is not part of the problem that there is only reporting of incidents and/ or MRP? NRL have sin bins and send offs. Soccer has yellow or redcards- RU has sin bins.- the reason is that there is a consequence to suffer affecting the game result!!!!!!

One of the posters is correct. If he is allowed off and swans meet gws in GF knowing there is only repercussions next year then why wouldn't you carry a baseball bat on the field with you on GF day?

Exteme way of Making my point but true. There needs to be a consequence in the game itself. GWS were rewarded for illegal play. Who knows to what extent it influenced outcome.
Would you trust AFL umpires to make the call on sinbins/sendoffs?

Geez, would you even trust a video review system?

I find it amazing how stupid some of our AFL players are...
Qulifying final and what does Stevie J do. He gets reported for the Prelims and let's down his entire team.

I find it amazing how stupid some of our AFL players are...
Qulifying final and what does Stevie J do. He gets reported for the Prelims and let's down his entire team.
You are talking about Stevie J

I am all for some leniency from the MRP but can't help but think I'm missing something with this one. To me he runs at Kennedy, who does not have the ball, and cracks him on the jaw with an elbow, decking him and giving him the staggers. JK then is off the ground crook for a while.

Have I overlooked anything? At the time I couldn't believe he would be such a dumb campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back