Preview Stkilda vs Essendon 4:40 sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Armitage isn't injured he should probably be the statement drop. One of his worst games of the year, when we needed him to lead. Not a captain's performance, that's certain.

If Armitage isn't injured he should probably be the statement drop. One of his worst games of the year, when we needed him to lead. Not a captain's performance, that's certain.
I think he's carrying something, but then again when I've looked back over our replays, I've noticed how much work our opposition puts into Armitage; seems the view may be that if you blunt his influence the whole gameplan suffers.

Not denigrating his season at all, but it's also probably a factor in Ross' massive improvement. He's both picked up some of the slack and benefitted from comparatively less attention.

After much thought my changes would be;
Out: McCartin, Armitage, Lee
In: Pierce, Sinclair, Webster/White

Would love to see NoK get a run but think Sinclair (and Templeton) deserve another crack at senior footy first.

Really want to Pierce in again, with Essendon not playing any rucks he could really have an impact in the middle of the ground whilst Hickey rests. Only concern is if he makes us a bit too tall?

Lee was very, very average vs Suns and as much as I want him to suceed and have another chance to redeem himself I also want to make sure we don't drop 4 points vs Essendon... Webster/Dempster back if fit. If not would love to see White debut, his kick would be lovely coming out of defence.

HE......WON......MORE.....CONTESTED .....BALL......THAN .......ANYONE........ELSE.

That's important unless you think the opposition will hand it to you.
Armitage went head to head with Ablett.
He had 8 clangers. Ablett Had 6.
He had 10 contested possessions Ablett had 11.
17 to 25 disposals.

Damn spud, should have been able to take care of Ablett and Rischetelli at the same time.

HE......WON......MORE.....CONTESTED .....BALL......THAN .......ANYONE........ELSE.

That's important unless you think the opposition will hand it to you.
Armitage went head to head with Ablett.
He had 8 clangers. Ablett Had 6.
He had 10 contested possessions Ablett had 11.
17 to 25 disposals.

Damn spud, should have been able to take care of Ablett and Rischetelli at the same time.
Fair enough with the stats, but watching the replay, my impression was he turned over the ball at clutch moments under little immediate/direct pressure and his sloppiness hurt our ability to maintain momentum - Not much good getting the ball if you're going to give it back to the opposition and allow them to get it down into goal scoring territory. He took care of the biggest oppo threat but they still won by a very large margin.

He certainly wasn't on his own, but I have to admit: Armo frustrates me, (in comparison, I've given up on Gilbert, anything positive from him is a nice surprise), but after last year I really thought Armo had finally flicked the switch, and it was a happy moment for a guy we'd been waiting for for 7 or so years. But here he is again now, BOG/great in some games, just OK in others. I repeat, It's not good enough from a man many want to captain the club. We need consistency.

I may be a little harsh, most of the seniors had days to forget on the weekend, I'm sure Roo won't remember that game fondly either. Joey, Steven and Ross had stinkers, Savage, Acres, Roberton and Geary didn't do much better, Membery and Bruce are both ice-cold form wise, Lonie, Gresh, Hickey and Weller were mixed bags.

By contrast, I was happy with Mitchington who seemed to be involved a lot more than he has in the past and is really starting to become a decent AFL player. I can't think of many others who had an OK game though.

we buy rights should win this game 50+ points they missing some big players
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

Fair enough with the stats, but watching the replay, my impression was he turned over the ball at clutch moments under little immediate/direct pressure and his sloppiness hurt our ability to maintain momentum - Not much good getting the ball if you're going to give it back to the opposition and allow them to get it down into goal scoring territory. He took care of the biggest oppo threat but they still won by a very large margin.

He certainly wasn't on his own, but I have to admit: Armo frustrates me, (in comparison, I've given up on Gilbert, anything positive from him is a nice surprise), but after last year I really thought Armo had finally flicked the switch, and it was a happy moment for a guy we'd been waiting for for 7 or so years. But here he is again now, BOG/great in some games, just OK in others. I repeat, It's not good enough from a man many want to captain the club. We need consistency.

I may be a little harsh, most of the seniors had days to forget on the weekend, I'm sure Roo won't remember that game fondly either. Joey, Steven and Ross had stinkers, Savage, Acres, Roberton and Geary didn't do much better, Membery and Bruce are both ice-cold form wise, Lonie, Gresh, Hickey and Weller were mixed bags.

By contrast, I was happy with Mitchington who seemed to be involved a lot more than he has in the past and is really starting to become a decent AFL player. I can't think of many others who had an OK game though.

Gresh won more of the ball than he has before.

To me its a matter of the whole team absolutely busting their guts against the Cats and simply not being able to get up the next week.

Joey's the statement drop. Could not have given less of a damn on the weekend (to the casual observer).

Plus I think his stats can flatter his impact at times.
Oh absolutely. Of the 4 genuine oldies, his role will be the easiest to replace. Let's call it the Dessie Headland sheepdog role. His kicking has been bad at times too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring in Billings if fit, seems to like playing the Roiders. Play Roo forward. Bring back Dempster if possible and give Eli a game.

OUT: Paddy, Lonie, Delaney.

IN: Billings, Templeton, Dempster.

His stats also flatter him a lot as about a 1/4 to 1/2 of his kicks are to himself from an opposition behind when he takes the kick out
Has been doing the kick to himself from Full Back for years, asked him about it on triple m once

afl website has fisher 2-3 weeks away and dempster as a test
Might just about be the end for Fish, has been a great player

He's always like that though, this is nothing new.

Regretted staying for the rebuild, said so.

I'd have offered him to Essendon, but I'm negative and see the worst in the side.
Joey actually Said that ?

Yeah, in an article last year, I'd have to try and find it though.

A 30+ year old struggling through a rebuild.

Won't be the first and certainly won't be the last.

Even Roo would've had the same thoughts as Joey imo, just hasn't said it publicly.

i dont see what he said wrong lmao

I never said it was wrong.

It was actually very truthful, but hardly enlightening, his mindset has always been very evident in how he plays.

I just said it could of, should of been a mutual decision to trade him.

It's an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back