Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard a lot about Ward, McDonald, Finn etc but how is Jai tracking? After his impressive run of games last year was a feeling with a big preseason to lean up and improve his tank he could push himself into the 22. Is he training well but not really standing out?

Was about to ask exactly the same thing about Newcombe - must be flying under the radar. Still as long as he isn't injured and has done most of the work we should see him up another level from last year which is exciting

Didn't stand out at all during the match-sim on Thursday. Not sure if I just missed it, but didn't see him do anything of note.

Was typically clean in the handball/pressure drill from what I saw though.

He does look like he's trim and very fit.

Covid has NOTHING to do with this thread, unless...

a) players or coaches miss training because of Covid

b) training times/arrangements get changed because of Covid

It has nothing to do with any other threads on this forum unless

a) another club loses players to Covid

b) the AFL changes plans/ announces something due to Covid

Is it time to give people days off? I'm tired of wiping Covid posts off every ******* thread.

Please, oh please tell me one wonderful Hawk fan has a real training report from today to share?
Please-.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best rig Titch has ever had. In for a huge year
For all the talk about our exciting new crop of players in Ward, DGB, etc it is Tom Mitchell who will have the most influence on our team's performance this year.

When he is at his dominant best we look so much better as a team (as evidenced by our late season flurry last year)

For all the talk about our exciting new crop of players in Ward, DGB, etc it is Tom Mitchell who will have the most influence on our team's performance this year.
That depends on where he lines up. Hasn’t been seen much in stoppage drills.

That depends on where he lines up. Hasn’t been seen much in stoppage drills.

I understand trying to change up our midfield, which was diabolical at times last year.... but surely you don't take a guy out of stoppages who dominated a brownlow in that role...

I'm also inclined to think that it took longer than expected to get confidence in his body and capability from the horror break, and think he is cherry ripe now in terms of body and mind, and could have an even better year than 2018.

Covid has NOTHING to do with this thread, unless...

a) players or coaches miss training because of Covid

b) training times/arrangements get changed because of Covid

It has nothing to do with any other threads on this forum unless

a) another club loses players to Covid

b) the AFL changes plans/ announces something due to Covid

Is it time to give people days off? I'm tired of wiping Covid posts off every ******* thread.

Yeah but that’s a fairly important monitoring role you have.

Who would take your place in performing that task if you, say, went down with COVID?

Jaeger is respected by all
No doubt. I'm sure all the older guys are respected. I think what was meant was that Mitchell appears to be friends with the younger group to the level that he is part of group trips and hangs outside the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back