FTA-TV Survivor: Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Switching to three tribes was dumb and using this twist now was dumb imo. Tribes of 5 with such clear divisions already doesnt work, and this advantage is too powerful in a small tribe.

Worked out well though, I like Desi, hope she stays around for a bit.

That kinda came out of nowhere

Really surprised to be honest. Ryan had the choice of burning Ali or burning Chrissy. Logically if he burned Chrissy she is gone and no hard feelings left in the game against Ryan. Choosing to burn Ali was a strange decision, Ali can't trust him now. Some massive hubris on Ryan's behalf if he thinks he can swing her back around for the long game, short term they are probably locked into working with each other still but the moment she gets the chance Ali is gone.

Really surprised to be honest. Ryan had the choice of burning Ali or burning Chrissy. Logically if he burned Chrissy she is gone and no hard feelings left in the game against Ryan. Choosing to burn Ali was a strange decision, Ali can't trust him now. Some massive hubris on Ryan's behalf if he thinks he can swing her back around for the long game, short term they are probably locked into working with each other still but the moment she gets the chance Ali is gone.
Devon was his No.2 at Hustler beach, and he sought out Chrissy. Ali is now on her own and the only one she has any sort of relationship with on the tribe is Ryan so she will have to suck it up for now or she goes next.

Devon was his No.2 at Hustler beach, and he sought out Chrissy. Ali is now on her own and the only one she has any sort of relationship with on the tribe is Ryan so she will have to suck it up for now or she goes next.

I'm just surprised he didn't tell Ali that he wanted to keep Chrissy, rather than burn her like that tribal council

I'm just surprised he didn't tell Ali that he wanted to keep Chrissy, rather than burn her like that tribal council
My thoughts too. Maybe Ryan didn't want to reveal his connection to Chrissy because then it shows he didn't share the knowledge of his secret advantage but IMO if Ryan was smart he didn't even have to reveal the full connection, just work the angle that keep Roark and original healers have 6 of 13 left and are thus likely to have control come merge. Bottom line, Ryan dropped in my unspoken game rankings.

Cole also drops as he should have been all over the idol at the well, knowing roughly where to dig, instead he probably doesn't even know about Mike having it.

Jessica too should have been much more proactive in searching, rather than just letting Mike do the digging. Now Mike has the idol, not her, and if anyone other than their tribe of 5 loses another tribe member at next tribal council it's pretty much guaranteed another tribe shuffle or merge - producers won't go with one tribe of 5 and another of only 3.

Desi impressed at both challenges! I'll have to rewatch but I think she even showed up Joe by carrying a bag of rice over the balance beam when he didn't (I think Devon did the other two for their team).

Chrissy and Roark both stuffed up by not working on connections (at least a basic working relationship) with each of the others as soon as the new tribe formed, but then there is nothing to suggest Ryan, Ali or JP did either. From what we saw, Ryan, Ali, Roark & Chrissy each just worried about 1 extra, the basic requirement for a majority and doesn't leave much space for a back up plan.

Yeah it was a bizarre move. I doubt Ali's three day connection with Roark was so strong that she couldn't have been talked into switching from Chrissy. The preview for the next ep basically confirms this. Poor move from Ryan, way too early to be deceiving people like that.

Roark's exit interview on RHAP was pretty interesting and showed much more of her strategic nous compared to her limited edit

I believe she's friends with Max and Corinne and has been on their podcast a few times before she was cast. She's definitely a huge fan and knows the game really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel pretty vindicated with this.
1. Roark seemed super intense.
2. Aly seemed adamant that she didn't like Chrissy, so Ryan couldn't convince Aly to vote out Roark.
I think it was good for him that Aly wasn't talking about the Ryan/Chrissy relationship so it can perhaps stay under the radar. Aly had to run with her tail between her legs back to trusting Ryan to stay around, and even then Ryan just voted her out.
Ryan probably should have told her, But Aly blowing up at him this episode mate it worse.

Anyway loved the episode. That Immunity challenge was an amazing adaption, and I loved how the Red tribe was just able to figure out a sure fire way to do it.
And I love Jessica. Will be sad when she gets booted.

12 people left, I'm confident in only 5 of them having the ability to convince a jury to vote for them. Ben, Desi and Ryan are going to have big targets on them so they'll have to be at their best to make it to the end. Jessica and Mike have more of a chance to fly under the radar, but if they ever have to engineer some moves to get out of a tight spot then I'm not sure they've got what it takes.

I can't see any of the other 7 winning unless there's 3 of them together at the end. Cole, Devon and JP all seem totally checked out. Lauren is too abrasive. Ashley might be a bit too into Ashley (not entirely sure about her yet). Chrissy as the schemey older lady would likely get shredded at a FTC. And I can't shake the image of Joe complaining about (and throwing away) food, makes me think he's more of an annoying obnoxious crazy person than a wacky lovable crazy person around camp.

12 people left, I'm confident in only 5 of them having the ability to convince a jury to vote for them. Ben, Desi and Ryan are going to have big targets on them so they'll have to be at their best to make it to the end. Jessica and Mike have more of a chance to fly under the radar, but if they ever have to engineer some moves to get out of a tight spot then I'm not sure they've got what it takes.

I can't see any of the other 7 winning unless there's 3 of them together at the end. Cole, Devon and JP all seem totally checked out. Lauren is too abrasive. Ashley might be a bit too into Ashley (not entirely sure about her yet). Chrissy as the schemey older lady would likely get shredded at a FTC. And I can't shake the image of Joe complaining about (and throwing away) food, makes me think he's more of an annoying obnoxious crazy person than a wacky lovable crazy person around camp.
Largely agree with that but especially not sure why Desi would have a big target on her back? Mike has an idol so will be able to get out of at least one tight spot (provided he doesn't do a Henry). Also not sure about why you think Devon is totally checked out. JP 100% agree although he at least articulated some possible errors in his lack of social game at tribal last night). Cole no genius but is less checked out than JP so far. I could see Chrissy winning and is intelligent enough she could articulate at FTC and not get shredded (IMO).

Next episode should be very interesting with the merge.

I expect it will be mainly Hereos & Hustlers against Healers.

Devon has some bonds with Ryan & Ashley
Ryan has some bonds with Devon & Chrissy.
Chrissy has bonds with Ben, Ryan & to lesser extent Ashley & JP.
Thus Ben, Chrissy, Ryan, Devon, Ashley & JP should form a reasonably tight 6 with the first 3 or 4 running the show (if things go their way).

Lauren the obvious outsider from original hustlers but has formed some bonds with Ben & Mike from the swap. If she goes with Ben then there's a clear majority but the minority already has two hidden immunity idols. If she sides with Mike then it's a 6-6 split at merge. If she's smart then she sides with Mike (at least for now) but pretends to go with Ben to get info for healers. Some might say she'd be silly to side with healers as she will be on the bottom but I think with Cole's selfishness and Joe's aggression there are cracks to be exploited. Siding with heroes and hustlers she's likely on the bottom or very near it anyway. She could also go the very slippery slope of trying to be a constant swing vote (eg get rid of JP first, then Cole or Joe next) but unless done very very well it would put a huge target on her back and I doubt she has the social intelligence to make it work.

Jessica & Cole obviously have a bond and I think Mike & Desi have both shown they could work with them in short term. Joe is a wildcard.

Preview for next week showed someone telling Mike that Cole is the biggest threat. I'm not sure but think it was either Ben or Joe. 1. I don't agree Cole is the biggest threat (physically (that would be Devon, maybe JP) or strategically). If Ben then he's obviously trying to talk Mike over to their side for numbers. If Joe then he's lost the plot as it's too early to be targeting one of his 'own'.

If you're on Survivor, what is the food reward you're hanging out for?

Personally, tonight's would be one of my choices. The pizzas looked s**t but good pizza and Coke would be perfect for me. Or a close second would be burgers and Coke. I find Coke more refreshing than beer but would substitute beers without much fuss.

Would hate anything involving milk, ie. milkshakes, iced coffee. Wouldn't be keen on desserts or pastry type s**t either.

Personally, tonight's would be one of my choices. The pizzas looked s**t but good pizza and Coke would be perfect for me. Or a close second would be burgers and Coke. I find Coke more refreshing than beer but would substitute beers without much fuss.

Would hate anything involving milk, ie. milkshakes, iced coffee. Wouldn't be keen on desserts or pastry type s**t either.
IMO nothing beats Luke's food reward from the auction on Aussie survivor this year - had something for everyone! Failing that pizza or burgers both pretty good but also wouldn't mind something healthy but tasty as not sure how the 'rice & coconuts diet' combined with greasy food would be affecting digestion and 'regularity' so some subway (or similar) and fresh fruit would be nice. I also have a sweet tooth so having some chocolate too would be good.

Less fussed about the drinks as haven't seen them doing spirits (I like Bourbon & Coke or Kahlua & Milk), am okay with wine (esp sweet) or juice or water but that's available anyway.

IMO nothing beats Luke's food reward from the auction on Aussie survivor this year - had something for everyone! Failing that pizza or burgers both pretty good but also wouldn't mind something healthy but tasty as not sure how the 'rice & coconuts diet' combined with greasy food would be affecting digestion and 'regularity' so some subway (or similar) and fresh fruit would be nice. I also have a sweet tooth so having some chocolate too would be good.

Less fussed about the drinks as haven't seen them doing spirits (I like Bourbon & Coke or Kahlua & Milk), am okay with wine (esp sweet) or juice or water but that's available anyway.
Oh yeah, Luke's reward is the greatest for sure. Could not have gone to a better recipient.

Yeah, probably the pizzas.

Seem to remember a few BBQ feasts where they had steak, potatoes, salads, maybe a bit of chicken, etc. That sort of thing would be good too.

Devon is a really strange one to work out... Personally, I don't think he is a huge physical/challenge threat (unless he's playing it low-key on purpose).

Socially, I think he's just playing (or maybe is) the nice guy... I can definitely see him getting brought along to the final 3, and while I don't believe he has "checked out", I can't see him winning unless he significantly changes gears.

Ali :( the hot one is gone. I liked Ryan until two episodes ago, then he goes and betrays Ali and then gets her out. Angry. He's a great player though, and people better wake up to him.

I like Ashley, she seems level headed, and she's got a nice friendship going with Devon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back