Remove this Banner Ad

Better performance.

Good to see bud have a day out

Jones was sensational, cant think of the last mid we had like him

Heeney in the middle looks better

Marsh very reliable

Sinclair should keep kurt out

Most disapointing : Aliir , not good enough

Im not sure how you could think sinclair should keep tippet out. Fair enough we should get rid of Tippett and the end of this year because of the money but not to play sinclair. Sinclair is slow, uncoordinated and a rubbish decision maker. Even compared to other ruckman. For us to lay off Tippet we need to play someone besides sinclair in his place

How do you know ?
His manner in the press conference suggested very firmly that this was a Swans' internal issue and would not be discussed. Personally I don't see what it's got to do with anyone else anyway. There's too much gossip in the footy world. It's like an old ladies home on these forums sometimes.

All the time.
"What's was Beryl saying dear ?"
"Beryl said she was peeking out of the window and saw a young man dig up some huge roots"
"Really. Beryl was sneaking out of the window and saw a young man she digs for a huge root ?"
"That's right dear. Huge roots"
"Well, I never. Lucky Beryl"

We won! Woohoo!

The crowd size was still pretty good I thought, considering we hadn't won a game this season... only down by about 7-10K and it could have been much worse! You can call the local Sydney supporters 'band-wagoners' all you like, but this is not Melbourne! Sydneysiders and Melbournites are entirely different beasts! Sydneysiders do not feel the need to attend every game to 'prove' they are supporters.

There are very few Sydney die-hards up here, and even fewer AFL tragics. A lot are Sydney supporters just because this is their home and they (Swans) have been doing pretty well for the last few years. Buddy has drawn even more! A fair number of them go to most games (hence the size of the crowds over the last few years) and it's been enjoyable and entertaining. But when Sydney has turned on the weather, and it's clear, warm and sunny very little wind... then the surf is looking good, or a ferry ride to Manly, or a river cruise, or the beer garden with the footy on the big screen (okay, probably no AFL on the big screen, but there is no doubt that there is beer in the beer garden!), the beach, a picnic in the park with the kids, the A League grand final, and the list goes on and on... or you could go and watch the Swans get beaten... again... (sigh!)

To keep drawing the crowds, the Swans need to keep winning. Not every game, but a fair few of them. The average Sydney-sider doesn't expect to win the Flag, they just expect to be entertained... and the Swans have let them down. Why would you go to a game of foot ball you think your team is going to lose, when you can go and do something enjoyable with the wife, the kids, the mates, anyone at all, and then watch the replay on TV?

PS: To all the die-hard, Sydney tragics that have turned up with me for all those years, this is not about you!

PPS. If you are the old bloke in the Brewongle Stand that keeps up a running sarcastic commentary (loud enough for people 5-6 seats away in any direction to hear!) for the entire game about how bad the Swans players are (whilst wearing Swannies supporter gear), how stupid they are, how they can't kick/run/pass/play; can I suggest that a picnic in the park looks good! Or perhaps a beer in the beer garden! Klim ensures that the replay is always up within a day or two, and I'm sure your wife/partner would be very interested in your commentary!

PPS. If you are the old bloke in the Brewongle Stand that keeps up a running sarcastic commentary (loud enough for people 5-6 seats away in any direction to hear!) for the entire game about how bad the Swans players are (whilst wearing Swannies supporter gear), how stupid they are, how they can't kick/run/pass/play; can I suggest that a picnic in the park looks good! Or perhaps a beer in the beer garden! Klim ensures that the replay is always up within a day or two, and I'm sure your wife/partner would be very interested in your commentary!
LOL! I'm sure i sat next to this guy once! He sat there with his footy record, Swans hat covered in badges, and just slagged every single one of our players for every single thing they did. I moved away after 5 minutes of it, it was awful! Everyone supports in their own way, and he's obviously a diehard, but **** me was he a miserable old *******.

LOL! I'm sure i sat next to this guy once! He sat there with his footy record, Swans hat covered in badges, and just slagged every single one of our players for every single thing they did. I moved away after 5 minutes of it, it was awful! Everyone supports in their own way, and he's obviously a diehard, but **** me was he a miserable old *******.
I am willing to supply a stat dec that it wasn't me. Saw it at home on the couch with the teeth out and a glass of red

Totally agree! I try very hard not to use the f-bomb and never use the c-bomb, but this guy is just appalling and makes me think them even if i don't say them! lol! I have really great permanent seats, so don't want to change them, but this guy is making me seriously consider it!!

I am willing to supply a stat dec that it wasn't me. Saw it at home on the couch with the teeth out and a glass of red
Already knew it wasn't you... no stat dec required! You don't rubbish everyone, just the ones annoying you at that given time! This guy has it in for every single player every game he is at!

Im not sure how you could think sinclair should keep tippet out. Fair enough we should get rid of Tippett and the end of this year because of the money but not to play sinclair. Sinclair is slow, uncoordinated and a rubbish decision maker. Even compared to other ruckman. For us to lay off Tippet we need to play someone besides sinclair in his place
But isn't Tippett contracted until the end of next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already knew it wasn't you... no stat dec required! You don't rubbish everyone, just the ones annoying you at that given time! This guy has it in for every single player every game he is at!
I was brought up by my Dad never to criticize a Bloods player at the match. That was saved for the grim post-defeat Saturday night dinners in the kitchen. This in the era of thrashings and humiliations. The hierarchy of abuse was Collingwood, the opposition, Collingwood even if they weren't playing, the ump and Bob Menzies. If we played Carlton Menzies went to the top of the list. And this was in the era when decent men never swore in front of women and kids. Mongrel, donkey, and bludger (especially for the umps) were traded regularly. In Charlie Sutton's case I heard my dear Aunty yell "Break a leg you bludger Sutton" at the dreaded Charlie Sutton who was hated not only for his thuggery but he grew up in South's area and deserted to Footscray. Unforgiven. This obnoxious arse clown you are forced to sit near may be old but he ain't no veteran of the Bloods.

Last edited:
I was brought up by my Dad never to criticize a Bloods player at the match. That was saved for the grim post-defeat Saturday night dinners in the kitchen. This in the era of thrashings and humiliations. The hierarchy of abuse was Collingwood, the opposition, Collingwood even if they weren't playing, the ump and Bob Menzies. If we played Carlton Menzies went to the top of the list. And this was in the era when decent men never swore in front of women and kids. Mongrel, donkey, and bludger (especially for the umps) were traded regularly. In Charlie Sutton's case I heard my dear Aunty yell "Break a leg you bludger Sutton" at the dreaded Charlie Sutton who was hated not only for his thuggery but he grew up in South's area and deserted to Footscray. Unforgiven. This obnoxious arse clown you are forced to sit near may be old but he ain't no veteran of the Bloods.
I agree. NEVER criticize a Swan at the game, NEVER. There's a few arse clowns around us who indulge in that practice, I find them very annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back