Preview Sydney Swans vs Essendon Bombers, Saturday, 7:40pm @ Gabba - Round 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want us to win the flag without any help, without anything that'll get the main board fckwits sooking about it
i did just try to look at the franklin thread, not for long ... what's amazing is that it's the essendon fans who seem to have the biggest problem with us generally ... the most deluded fanbase ... supporters of a club that engaged in arguably the most cynical, multi-faceted, long-term attempt to cheat in the game's history, in a process linked to at least two convicted criminals, or is it three now (i think dank has been convicted in his absence in the NT, if not before that) ... i friggin despise most essendon fans that post on bf
and i can see obviously why we chose to challenge, and how we went about it ... but i do wish we'd accepted the week, or lost the challenge ...

You mean like the lack of help we had in 2005 and 2012? Were we unanimously praised on the MB those years?

I’m confused by your mindset. Why are you so concerned about what a bunch of losers on a footy forum say about our next flag? I’ll be too blotto to even give a ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like the lack of help we had in 2005 and 2012? Were we unanimously praised on the MB those years?

I’m confused by your mindset. Why are you so concerned about what a bunch of losers on a footy forum say about our next flag? I’ll be too blotto to even give a ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no confusion ... if and when we win, i want us to be rightly acknowledged ... but you're right, it's not really gonna bother me ... and there's definitely a lot of ignorant fools (and worse) on bf

I haven't watched the replay of the freo game but did Heeney start on the wing?
Surely this is what he needs to do from now on to get involved early and lift his confidence, then drift forward.
It seems like this is Heeneys MO and the way to unlock his inconsistency.

Why does Buddy need a rest? He’s not 90.

He didn’t deserve to be suspended because the previous examples showed all that was warranted was a fine. That’s an AFL issue no doubt they will change the rules (it’s something they are prone to do).

All the best players push the limits it’s part of why they are so good.

Hopefully Buddy equals Fanning’s record this week against the drug cheats.

You might have missed the fact he's missed a lot of games over the previous two years, and was eased in at the start of this year.

Putting that aside though, what an utterly odd comment considering AFL players of all ages get rested or managed throughout the year, including first and second year players, and players over 30.

They weren't in a hotel room, Mills said in an interview they were all together in an Airbnb at Broadbeach.

As I understand it the quarantined fellas have tailored fitness programs to keep them tuned up.

Can I just say again - Kudos to High End Harley and Charley Corporate for improving the quality of our fitness folk.

You might have missed the fact he's missed a lot of games over the previous two years, and was eased in at the start of this year.

Putting that aside though, what an utterly odd comment considering AFL players of all ages get rested or managed throughout the year, including first and second year players, and players over 30.
No has he missed games over the last two years. Thanks for giving me the info I would have been lost without this in depth analysis. I look forward to more of your insight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times have Sir Dane or JPK been rested this year?

I'm not sure where this idea that Buddy needs to be rested came from. He was frustrated early on as we were too Buddy-centric. It was predictable for Freo's defence and our delivery did him no favours either. From there, it was obvious he was just trying to overcompensate with physicality to get himself going, which as I said yesterday, rarely works for him. Bad day at the office, but a week earlier he kicked 4 to be one of our best against GWS. If he wasn't reported with even the prospect of missing this week, I doubt we'd be voluntarily suggesting we go into this game without him.

Also despite Horse being typically nonchalant about it to the media, he will absolutely be pushing for a top four spot. We won't go into management mode until that is no longer a possibility.

I'm not sure where this idea that Buddy needs to be rested came from. He was frustrated early on as we were too Buddy-centric. It was predictable for Freo's defence and our delivery did him no favours either. From there, it was obvious he was just trying to overcompensate with physicality to get himself going, which as I said yesterday, rarely works for him. Bad day at the office, but a week earlier he kicked 4 to be one of our best against GWS. If he wasn't reported with even the prospect of missing this week, I doubt we'd be voluntarily suggesting we go into this game without him.

Also despite Horse being typically nonchalant about it to the media, he will absolutely be pushing for a top four spot. We won't go into management mode until that is no longer a possibility.

You mean like the Cats haven't rested any players while pushing to secure a top 4 spot?

How many times have Sir Dane or JPK been rested this year?

How many games did they miss with soft tissue injuries over the past two seasons?

How many games did they miss with soft tissue injuries over the past two seasons?
Josh Kennedy ruptured the medial ligament in his knee in the Round 6 match against Richmond at the Gabba last year.
Dane Rampe has broken his hand and fingers over the last two seasons.

Are these the soft tissue injuries you are referring to?

I think Buddy just needs to keep playing, if he has no injuries we are absolutely in no position to rest anyone. I did think at first it might be an idea but realistically if we drop 1 game you can kiss top 4 goodbye. Best 22 every week from here in or what are we here for?

Josh Kennedy ruptured the medial ligament in his knee in the Round 6 match against Richmond at the Gabba last year.
Dane Rampe has broken his hand and fingers over the last two seasons.

Are these the soft tissue injuries you are referring to?

Uh, no they aren't.

I think Buddy just needs to keep playing, if he has no injuries we are absolutely in no position to rest anyone. I did think at first it might be an idea but realistically if we drop 1 game you can kiss top 4 goodbye. Best 22 every week from here in or what are we here for?

I mean, sure I'd agree if Buddy was vital to our success but we've shown we're quite capable of performing, and performing well, with him out of the team. I think pushing him to the limit and watching him ping a calf or a hammy on the eve of Finals would not be too fun.

I remember this conversation at the start of the year about Gulden/Campbell/Warner/Wicks all needing to be managed through the season so they were fit and firing for finals, and everyone was derisive at that point too. "Youngsters don't need a rest!" or whatever the narrative was. Three of those four have missed a decent chunk of the season with injury, and the fourth had a big dip in form before the bye.

So there aren’t any soft tissue issues. Glad I cleared that up for you.

Right.. and that's why they don't need to be rested.

I don't think that line of argument was as solid as you seem to smugly think it was.

Not sure if srs.
Yes, serious. I have literally no idea what injuries Buddy is carrying, if any. Unlike some, I don't obsess about this player's groin niggle or that player's rotator cuff.

He seems to be moving very freely out there.

So unless we know of ongoing chronic issues with Franklin (do enlighten us), why would we assume that the potential suspension was going to also be a good chance to "rest" him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back