Autopsy Tale of two halves vs. Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interview he did on sen sheeze says he made plenty of errors including those ones in the third quarter.

I heard that. Very honest of the young bloke to raise his hand and accept errors were made that quarter, including by him. Self accountability personified.

We were up by 33 as Larkey missed abnormally to the left.
The umpire moved him around quite some distance from the angle he should have been kicking from. In some ways, although it increased the angle it meant that Larkey was kicking with nobody on the mark as the ump had set the opponent to stand already.

But Larkey was concerned about being sent to the wrong position and I reckon it impacted his preparation for the shot on goal.

Having had some more time to reflect on the game, here are my thoughts:

• The first half was excellent, easily the best footy I've seen from this club in half a decade. The way we dominated clearances and transitioned the ball is what I want to see every week.
  • That being said, not only did we miss some very gettable set shots that would've all but iced the game, but we also allowed Freo to get some red time goals which reduced the lead to a very gettable 17 points.
  • When Freo got the ascendancy in the contest in the third quarter, we completely failed to make adjustments to try stem the bleeding, it's already been stated on here numerous times how Zurhaar should've been thrown into the centre ASAP as a wrecking ball/stop gap.
  • I felt the last quarter was pretty even as far as the contest goes, unfortunately we didn't take our opportunities and gave some easy goals to Freo which put it beyond doubt.

Having had some more time to reflect on the game, here are my thoughts:

• The first half was excellent, easily the best footy I've seen from this club in half a decade. The way we dominated clearances and transitioned the ball is what I want to see every week.
  • That being said, not only did we miss some very gettable set shots that would've all but iced the game, but we also allowed Freo to get some red time goals which reduced the lead to a very gettable 17 points.
  • When Freo got the ascendancy in the contest in the third quarter, we completely failed to make adjustments to try stem the bleeding, it's already been stated on here numerous times how Zurhaar should've been thrown into the centre ASAP as a wrecking ball/stop gap.
  • I felt the last quarter was pretty even as far as the contest goes, unfortunately we didn't take our opportunities and gave some easy goals to Freo which put it beyond doubt.
Adjustments were made far too late but is there potentially some truth in Clarko testing his young team?

Just to take your mind off things
Larkey
Was that just an utterly horrible performance that everyone is trying to blot out
Started with the out on the full
Ok kicked a goal
Missed the one that mattered
Dropped a sitter dead in front and then missed another
And the lovely Sheez pass in the pocket fell over and missed it
Made CCJ look like the Aa player
We would have gone very close if he didn’t choke

And Duursma missed 3
And Ford
Just what does this guy do
Had to kick that goal
What is the idea of him as a sub
We have fwds galore
Sub should be a runner

With 8 mins to go in the 2nd quarter, the inside 50s were 29 to 11. We were up by 33 as Larkey missed abnormally to the left.

That's top 4 team levels of dominance. With the amount of times our forwards ran under the footy, we would've utterly destroyed Freo at that point if another big forward was there to help Larkey.

You put Hogan, Curnow or any other forward in there with presence, Freo are utterly gone. Reduced to atoms. They had to force the pack contest otherwise they were cooked.
In even weaker set-ups over the last few years we've pissed up periods of dominance with a lack of forward line cohesion.

And Duursma missed 3
And Ford
Just what does this guy do
Had to kick that goal
What is the idea of him as a sub
We have fwds galore
Sub should be a runner
Why do you format your posts like a haiku. Either commit to the bit or cut it out. The bad scansion is killing me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much run and gun we get from Sheezel , McKercher and Fisher they cannot defend when needed.

For all the talk on how good some of those mids you mentioned, You forgotten one more mid that did well.

Tom Powell. The bloke North recruited from Sturt in the SANFL a few years back.

I remember the day he got recruited by north. I knew he was gonna be a solid pick up from looking at the youtube highlights. a good set shot on goal too.

Guys like him are the ones you need in their prime to help get North up the ladder again.

For all the talk on how good some of those mids you mentioned, You forgotten one more mid that did well.

Tom Powell. The bloke North recruited from Sturt in the SANFL a few years back.

I remember the day he got recruited by north. I knew he was gonna be a solid pick up from looking at the youtube highlights. a good set shot on goal too.

Guys like him are the ones you need in their prime to help get North up the ladder again.
Totally agree, but my post was about those three as they were playing in the backline

Just watched the 3rd quarter, Clarko either just let it run for experience or was negligent.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed. It was Rocca and Thompson on Zac Dawson vibes circa 2006.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back