Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tarryn Thomas: gets sacked
Bigfooty posters: shitfights about whose team is worse

never change

Ben Cousins likes this.
Seth Meyers I Give Up GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Impressed by what the Prez had to say today.

While critical of their efforts with him over the past couple of years, this time they were decisive and held true to their values as a club. A strong stand, and the right one.

So what was the actual 18 week suspension for? It's very vague stating "multiple acts of misconduct including threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times". What was said in these messages?

Threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times seems to cover it quite clearly. Bloke did it in a way that leaves a paper trail.

Threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times seems to cover it quite clearly. Bloke did it in a way that leaves a paper trail.
Yeah but that's up to interpretation. I think they should release what the actual 'threats' were

As much as I think North has done the right thing in sacking him, I fear that without a club watching him 24/7 he will be much worse.

Look at Liam Jarrah - he has caused a lot of pain since he was cut.

Different circumstances but Ablett was always a garbage human, he ended up right off the rails when not having constant minders and killed woman.

I don't know what the answer is, but rather than just completely cutting him off, I think it would be good if he stayed under the club's guidance for the next 12 months to try and work through his issues - for the safety of others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I think North has done the right thing in sacking him, I fear that without a club watching him 24/7 he will be much worse.

Look at Liam Jarrah - he has caused a lot of pain since he was cut.

Different circumstances but Ablett was always a garbage human, he ended up right off the rails when not having constant minders and killed woman.

I don't know what the answer is, but rather than just completely cutting him off, I think it would be good if he stayed under the club's guidance for the next 12 months to try and work through his issues - for the safety of others.
He was under the club's guidence already and continued his behaviour. I doubt anything short of locking him up will prevent him from hurting others. The sad reality is that some people just won't change no matter how much support you give them.

I do hope he sorts himself out, but only so that he doesn't hurt anyone again.

So what was the actual 18 week suspension for? It's very vague stating "multiple acts of misconduct including threatening a woman via direct messages multiple times". What was said in these messages?

He threatened a woman multiple times in a (very) serious way, while he was in the midst of his mandated rehab/respect for women education programs.

In short, he was already on his last chance and by his own actions proved that he was taking the piss.

Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong and Sydney. One of those 4 will pick him up IMO. Hopefully it's not Essendon.
Sydney dumped Elijah Taylor due to DV charges. Tarrant isn't getting past the front door at the Swans.

That never happens. Would betray the privacy of the victim and what would it gain. Some unimportant bozo on the internet gets to pass further judgement?

No one cares about your interpretation of the threats
First of all the victims name doesn't have to be anywhere and what would it gain? All afl players know what is not allowed

Sydney dumped Elijah Taylor due to DV charges.
True but somewhat disingenuous. Sydney effectively dumped Taylor for breaching covid lockdown rules. The DV occurred whilst suspended for this and receiving no assistance or support at all from the club - despite his obvious needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back