• Gram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adcock

• Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, and I don't have enough trades left to warrant moving him out. Guess we're stuck on the roller-coaster to the end.

I think Lyon may have finally lost patience with Broughton and it wouldn't surprise me to see him dropped this week in favour continuing to play young Spurr who had a good game. May also be offered up for trade at the end of the year.

Broughton's trolling of his previous owners is reaching new heights.
I know I keep bumping this but Broughton tonned up today.

I've heard some have even traded him in.
Only 99 Broughts ? :D

Averaging over 90 for the last 9 weeks. :thumbsu:
He will go bang soon (like 140-odd bang) and everyone will jump back on.

I am glad I stayed the course with Greg - he has been ultra consistent since the early quiet games but at this rate will be a top 7 defender.
Love your work Greg :thumbsu:

My ex-Subi selections are ripping it up this year...

Well hasn't this taken an interesting twist

Damn, maybe it was a slight niggle he copped last week then? Not just Lyon trying to s**t us?
Either way good excuse to trade him out if he doesnt get named.. thank god I couldnt trade out Waters last week, hope Beau does come back in 1-2 weeks!

Lol at some rumours of Broughton getting traded to GWS at years end, just when he is well and truly in everyone's "Never again" list, he'll prob go to GWS and get promised more midfield time or HBF then entice us suckers with his low price once again. :rolleyes:

Indeed it has. I don't think anyone could foresee the change in role. Certainly hasn't helped me on my quest for a respectable ranking..

Impossible to foresee and IMO crazy coaching. Guy has the potential to be an AA back pocket, also rate him highly as a mid. How Duffield can be in that backline before Broughts has me beaten.

People were criticised early on in the year when they traded him out. Most peoples reasoning was that they didn't think he would be a premium in the role he was being used. His role then changed and he became a consistent scorer only to get moved forward and stink it up.

I made the horrible decision of trading him out and back in. The week he returns to my team he got moved forward after half time and i just knew i was screwed. Most frustrating dream team player in the history of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impossible to foresee and IMO crazy coaching. Guy has the potential to be an AA back pocket, also rate him highly as a mid. How McPhee can be in that backline before Broughts has me beaten.

EFA.
Seriously, putting DT aside, I'd so play him as a lock-down small defender.. with the added bonus of clean disposal out of the backline (something McPhee clearly lacks!). I know as an Essendon supporter how valuable that role is and we've been frustrated for years having to put up with Henry freakin Slattery as our best option, which was why Hibberd was a god-send.
Plus Broughton is younger than McPhee and more likely to be their next premiership side surely?

Well I bagged you all for trading him out, then traded him INTO my team in rnd 13 (thinking I cunningly avoided a zero), then watched him go forward for the first week, then QUICKLY traded him to carazzo in rnd 14..... JEEEBBBUS what a waste of a trade sorting out my D7.

Will probably cost me any chance of winning the car. :(

Ideally (if you started with him) you would have traded him straight to a round 13 gun straight after they byes.

I can just see it now, Broughton to forward tag Bugg this week. Bugg is my B8 emergency ATM. The way this season has gone so far, Bugg will double whatever Broughton scores.

I really can't see the point in trading him out! To WHO? At this stage of the season everyone should already have, Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carazzo, Birchall......................................there is not one other back that is worth wasting a trade on at this stage of the year!

But he will be much cheaper next year, so i'm sure some people will be tempted at his lower price. Not me though.

Just to be safe, reckon I'll need to make a video of myself begging/screaming at my future self to not even consider Broughton no matter what.. can just imagine me next PS: "Yer he was s**t towards the end, but thats coz he was carrying that back injury.. he was solid otherwise. And wow, look how cheap he is! Heck, he can just be my stepping stone towards a premo.. plus he'll be super unique coz no one will dare touch him. He's having a great PS as well, Lyon's playing him back at HBF and saw them have a coffee together so they are totes besties now." :rolleyes:

Just to be safe, reckon I'll need to make a video of myself begging/screaming at my future self to not even consider Broughton no matter what.. can just imagine me next PS: "Yer he was s**t towards the end, but thats coz he was carrying that back injury.. he was solid otherwise. And wow, look how cheap he is! Heck, he can just be my stepping stone towards a premo.. plus he'll be super unique coz no one will dare touch him. He's having a great PS as well, Lyon's playing him back at HBF and saw them have a coffee together so they are totes besties now." :rolleyes:

Takes screenshot, files into preliminary 2013 DT planning folder.

Back