Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing for us is the kids they have picked up as well as getting their hands on old guys are just as good if not better than ours. They probably need some more young talent and stop relying on scraps but they aren't too far off. I think Ablett was their big mistake. He's almost a negative with his aura and leaving kids that could play his role out. Kelly was a find and Constable and Lauchie Fogarty both look like high quality kids.

Their list is very good still and not anywhere near as bad as ours as well as making finals while we were bottom of the ladder and bringing in top talent from other clubs. I wish we were Geelong. They have spent the best part of 15 years in the top 8 and have 3 premierships in that time.

Their last was back in 2011. Lets look at current list. And with what they have had at their disposal I would suggest that there would be a few Cats fans simply not content in just making the numbers. 3 wins out of their last 12 finals. On top of that their first quarters in the last 5 finals matches is very poor. So would I like finals? Yes. Do I just want to making up the numbers year after year? No. At some point I want to challenge.

On Ablett, I think many mark him against his best. He is in the twilight of his career but still averaged like 29 touches and .8 goal a game. Not too shabby in my opinion.

jv66v6.jpg

Apart from help with the move , and help choosing where to live , and where the kids go to school , Marlion will require no more attention than your average player.
He is honest and forthcoming about his past , which includes a prison stint , and is just a great bloke. He is mature.
Marlon was what we were calling him , but now he wishes to be called Marlion (pronounced Mar-Lion) as that's how his parents intended it. Marlion has some serious after-burners , but his disposal can be sloppy when at top speed. Hope that helps.
Def does. I want him Now!

Yeah look, most likely staying...

But I am genuinely worried about next year with crowds, memberships, everything, especially if we have a terrible start to the year..

If we have a terrible 5 rounds at the start, I’m sorry to say but we will be under more pressure then the 80’s..

If that eventuates, I will be even more angry at Finnis and Co

Yeah look, most likely staying...

But I am genuinely worried about next year with crowds, memberships, everything, especially if we have a terrible start to the year..

If we have a terrible 5 rounds at the start, I’m sorry to say but we will be under more pressure then the 80’s..

If that eventuates, I will be even more angry at Finnis and Co

Back in the 80's year after year we were lucky to win 4 games until about 87..
In Plugger's 4th year at St.Kilda (age 21), he kicked 117 goals avg over 5 a game..(Won a Brownlow also)

Our member/supporter base was stronger than all clubs except the big 4..( Pies, Blues, Bombers, Tigers,)
30 years later we incredibly hold the wooden spoon for the "Membership" ladder..(Melb based clubs)
We couldn't sustain a successful era & fell in a heap back in 2013, so we weren't able to create a new generation of die hard Saints supporters..

As we saw in the second half of this season, supporters were pissed off with the performances & quickly dropped off..
How the club is managed over the next 3 months, will have a long term affect on our ability to bounce back..
Hopefully we do & the club can just put down 2018 as a stumble clubs in a re-build can experience..(Rich/2016 & Melb/2017 for eg..)

Last edited:
Back in the 80's year after year we were lucky to win 4 games until about 87..
In Plugger's 4th year at St.Kilda (age 21), he kicked 117 goals avg over 5 a game..

Our member/supporter base was stronger than all clubs except the big 4..( Pies, Blues, Bombers, Tigers,)
30 years later we incredibly hold the wooden spoon for the "Membership" ladder..(Melb based clubs)
As we couldn't sustain a successful era & fell in a heap back in 2013, we weren't able to create a new generation of die hard Saints supporters..
Melb, WB and North all behind us on official member numbers, next year will be different however
All for a moan and groan but...........
d5354f39d51e9b87150968d28c77b18b

and based on 2017 to 2018 differential we did better than 4 other Melbourne clubs, we've had one of the highest( and Highest Melb club ) retention rates for members over the last few years as well.

1. Richmond (+28,057)
2. West Coast (+15,226)
3. Essendon (+11,551)
4. Geelong (+8964)
5. Adelaide (+7874)
6. Carlton (+5679)
7. Hawthorn (+4639)
8. Fremantle (+4385)
9. GWS Giants (+4299)
10. St Kilda (+4249)
11. Brisbane (+3505)
12. Port Adelaide (+2257)
13. Sydney (+2096)
14. Melbourne (+2042)
15. North Melbourne (+446)
16. Gold Coast (+443)
17. Collingwood (-372)
18. Western Bulldogs (-4407)

look at the 2015-2016 swing, largest member growth in the AFL
AFL_2016_Membership.jpg

or from 2017
“To have more than 40,000 fans signed up as Saints members is both extremely exciting and motivating,” Finnis said.

“Members are the lifeblood of our club and to surpass 40,000 for the first time is a great achievement.”

“Last year we had the highest rate of membership retention of any Victorian AFL club, while also being number one in membership growth across the whole league.

All for giving the club a whack where I think its messed up, but the membership dept. has done an outstanding job recently, and worth all the priase they get

Trash.jpg

A mockumentary based on StKilda’s 2018 season

The mockumentary follows Alan (Cho) Richardson, a football vernacular addict, on his quest to help StKilda Football Club win a second Premiership

The episodic plot occurs over 22 games and centres around Cho’s problematic addiction with the word ”pleasing” and the phrase “being strong at the contest”

During the course of the mockumentary, Cho openly declares his loyalty for Weller, Newnes and Geary, which frustrates the entire supporter base and nearly leads to his demise.
WARNING.This film contains excessive movement of Carlisle forward and use of indiscriminate kicking

The sequel TRASH REMOVALISTS will hopefully commence filming in early 2019

images

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 558043

A mockumentary based on StKilda’s 2018 season

The mockumentary follows Alan (Cho) Richardson, a football vernacular addict, on his quest to help StKilda Football Club win a second Premiership

The episodic plot occurs over 22 games and centres around Cho’s problematic addiction with the word ”pleasing” and the phrase “being strong at the contest”

During the course of the mockumentary, Cho openly declares his loyalty for Weller, Newnes and Geary, which frustrates the entire supporter base and nearly leads to his demise.
WARNING.This film contains excessive movement of Carlisle forward and use of indiscriminate kicking

The sequel TRASH REMOVALISTS will hopefully commence filming in early 2019

images
The fans seem to like it, but is it strong in the contest?

Maa+TV+Short+Film+Contest.jpg

Calling it now - Ratten to be appointed head coach the Wednesday after the Hawks drop out of finals.

Will be a week after the GF if they go all the way.

Just holding back so he can stay at the Hawks as long as possible.

Hanners should start wearing the top hat, he looks like he should be a ragamuffin in Taboo or Peaky Blinders. That ******* Choompa Loompa campaigner is scary AF though.

Calling it now - Ratten to be appointed head coach the Wednesday after the Hawks drop out of finals.

Will be a week after the GF if they go all the way.

Just holding back so he can stay at the Hawks as long as possible.

stinks like the terry wallace appointment to richmond. will end well.

personally think richo is there next year. sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back