The Detroit Pistons thread - Where Motown is being rebuilt by forming a f'in wall, that's all we do

Remove this Banner Ad

A little worried as Chad Ford mentioned on his podcast that SVG wouldn't be able to put in nearly as much time into the draft as most GMs because of his coaching duties. Hope him, Bower & Co. have it sorted.

Plus if we have our sights set on Dekker surely we should be considering trading down?

A little worried as Chad Ford mentioned on his podcast that SVG wouldn't be able to put in nearly as much time into the draft as most GMs because of his coaching duties. Hope him, Bower & Co. have it sorted.

Plus if we have our sights set on Dekker surely we should be considering trading down?
Latest news/rumour is we are keen on Johnson isn't it?

I hope so anyway.

I think we will definitely take one of Winslow, Hez or Johnson. So likely Johnson. Hoping Cauley Stein goes before our pick so we have a choice of 2 of them

Latest news/rumour is we are keen on Johnson isn't it?

I hope so anyway.

Sorry I meant to say Zac Lowe's podcast with Chad Ford above. He basically thinks it's either Dekker or Johnson.

Apparently Dekker shot the lights out in his workouts for us. Ford said he was told SVG turned to one of his scouts and said, "I thought you said this guy couldn't shoot" :confused:

Having said that it could be just a pre-draft smokescreen.

I think we will definitely take one of Winslow, Hez or Johnson. So likely Johnson. Hoping Cauley Stein goes before our pick so we have a choice of 2 of them

I hope you are right. I'd love it, if it played out like years past, where guys like Monroe & Drummond slid a bit to us.

Detroit based journo just tweeted Winslow's workout in DET went badly, like he didn't want to be there.
Looks like we can kiss goodbye to that dream then.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Detroit based journo just tweeted Winslow's workout in DET went badly, like he didn't want to be there.
Looks like we can kiss goodbye to that dream then.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Yeah, although its draft week, so only believe about 10% of what you hear. Posted it in the other thread, but Houston are trying to get rid of Terrence Jones and 18 to clear salary to make a run at Love/Aldridge. We've got the cap space to take that, would he awesome if we can swing a trade somehow.

Thoughts òn overlooking Winslow for Stanley Johnson? Really like Johnson (for no apparent reason :p ) but was an interesting move.

And who is Darrun Hilliard?

Dont mind overlooking Johnson for Winslow. He's a better shooter, and I have faith in SVG.

Hillard seems like he could be a 3 and D player.

Looks like we're going to be left with the scraps of free agency.

Apart from re-signing Jackson who do you think we look to now? I'm not sure how I feel about Tobias Harris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah not sure what the plan is.

At this stage I think the Magic wpuld match most offers for Harris anyway.

Dorrell Wright? Gerald Green? Trades?

Just wanna say i reckon Baynes will work out ok for you guys. Clearly he's got some limitations as a player, but hes a big body whos more than happy to throw his size around, has performed pretty well when given extra minutes this year, and he will pretty much do anything SVG asks of him - should be pretty useful in his system.

So we've got...

Jackson (?) / Jennings / Dinwiddie
KCP / Meeks / Bullock / Hilliard
Morris / Johnson / Granger / Martin / Miller
Ilyasova / Tolliver
Drummond / Baynes

More moves to be made I'd think...

Just wanna say i reckon Baynes will work out ok for you guys. Clearly he's got some limitations as a player, but hes a big body whos more than happy to throw his size around, has performed pretty well when given extra minutes this year, and he will pretty much do anything SVG asks of him - should be pretty useful in his system.
No problem with Baynes as our backup centre. We needed a guy to bavk up Dre who could hit his free throws and play solid D, so he's a great fit. Hes just not worth 20 mil

So we've got...

Jackson (?) / Jennings / Dinwiddie
KCP / Meeks / Bullock / Hilliard
Morris / Johnson / Granger / Martin / Miller
Ilyasova / Tolliver
Drummond / Baynes

More moves to be made I'd think...
Joel Anthony will be signed aswell I think.

Then 2 of Granger/Hilliard/Bullock/Martin to be cut.

We might even need another point guard depending if Jennings is ready to play at the start of the season

No problem with Baynes as our backup centre. We needed a guy to bavk up Dre who could hit his free throws and play solid D, so he's a great fit. Hes just not worth 20 mil

True... But thats just the market for bigs unfortunately. After his efforts this season, where he suprised a lot of spurs fans by being able to step up in big minutes - there would have been a mini-market for him and i was expecting him to get an offer around 4-5m per year... 6.5 is more than that but not a massive stretch, especially if its non-garaunteed after 1 or 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back