The Jack Riewoldt Memorial Society of Good Players who Surprisingly don't dominate Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Lockett had 12, 9, 7 and a pair of 6's against us - but compared to some of the damage he wreaked on teams that's not all that bad a record.

The 12 and 9 were both in '87 (we won the 12 goal one when his teammates came to the party with two goals between them)

Rory Sloane.

We're the only club he averages less than 20 disposals a game against, and the only opposition club he hasn't kicked a goal against. He's also polled 108 Brownlow votes in his career, with only 3 being against us despite having beaten us 7 times.

Give this man a cigar! Buddy had the lowest average goals per game against Melbourne. The Hawks regularly gave us a pasting, but Buddy rarely cashed in.

View attachment 1966908
Frawley, Garland, T-Mac, Frosty and May all seemed to give him a lot of grief on various occasions. Suppose they were all quite agile (when T-Mac was younger, of course). That was the type of player that would have success on Franklin – big, dopey, slow KPDs would get smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frawley, Garland, T-Mac, Frosty and May all seemed to give him a lot of grief on various occasions. Suppose they were all quite agile (when T-Mac was younger, of course). That was the type of player that would have success on Franklin – big, dopey, slow KPDs would get smashed.
Buddy didn't play a game that mattered against us until 2018 probably lol I agree the frost and may types matched up well but he probably didn't give a * about playing against us either

Buddy didn't play a game that mattered against us until 2018 probably lol I agree the frost and may types matched up well but he probably didn't give a * about playing against us either
I don't think you become a champion by picking and choosing when to play at your best.

Champions are the type who want to dominate regardless the quality of the opposition.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think you become a champion by picking and choosing when to play at your best.

Champions are the type who want to dominate regardless the quality of the opposition.

I mean do agree but also that's not true, Dusty kinda meandered along during the H/A and blew apart September multiple times.
Dermie the same
He also still kicked nearly 2.5 goals a game against us. Still be our leading goal kicker most years in the last 20

Not sure about that. Go back a few decades and most of the games legends barely gave two shits about training they just knew they were better than everyone else rocked up on gameday and went nuts. Can't be that brazen in the professional era but some blokes it just comes easy to.

Not sure about that. Go back a few decades and most of the games legends barely gave two shits about training they just knew they were better than everyone else rocked up on gameday and went nuts. Can't be that brazen in the professional era but some blokes it just comes easy to.
Yeah lol I've heard multiple stories of Ablett and Modra going out on the piss heavily the night before games, being told off by the players then kicking 10 the next day.

Franklin was a big time player who performed in the big games. Just don't reckon beating up a s**t Melbourne on a Sunday at 4.40 did anything for him

I mean do agree but also that's not true, Dusty kinda meandered along during the H/A and blew apart September multiple times.
Dermie the same
He also still kicked nearly 2.5 goals a game against us. Still be our leading goal kicker most years in the last 20
Speaking of Dusty, there's another one for the thread. Lowest disposal average against any side

1000008965.jpg

And Alex Georgio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Training and playing are different things. The key here, as your say yourself, is they rocked up on GameDay and went nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back