The News In Review - Non Political Thread !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
It's always been said that as you get older you become more cynical of most things .....so I decided that when I have a cynical moment, yes you could say a sarcastic POV ...that I would share with anyone who is like minded

Mostly will be a fun slant .....but not always :think:

Disaster Avoided.jpg

So this 96 YO fugitive has gone on the run .....police caught up with her a block away after a week's exhaustive search .....seems you can't get too far with a walking frame

1633038335740.png
giphy.gif

Last edited:
OK ....so I can go to Woolworths / Coles where there maybe 500 shoppers .....no-one on the entrance doing store limit counts as required, or checking QR codes for Covid ......but god forbid that 4 golf players could play given all that open space

Golf Courses have been closed for months ....designated a huge public health risk .....but great news, now that Victoria only has 1,400 cases per day .....Golf Courses have just re-opened 🏌️‍♂️

1633038888890.png

Only small issue is ......all Toilets have been ordered to be closed on course ! ....does anyone understand Women also play Golf ?

OK ....so I can go to Woolworths / Coles where there maybe 500 shoppers .....no-one on the entrance doing store limit counts as required, or checking QR codes for Covid ......but god forbid that 4 golf players could play given all that open space

Golf Courses have been closed for months ....designated a huge public health risk .....but great news, now that Victoria only has 1,400 cases per day .....Golf Courses have just re-opened 🏌️‍♂️

View attachment 1250225

Only small issue is ......all Toilets have been ordered to be closed on course ! ....does anyone understand Women also play Golf ?

I've posted before that the golf ban was absolutely ridiculous. If you remove the need for a player to sign their own card, remove bunker rakes and don't allow the pin to be removed from the hole, then 4 golfers can complete a competition round without coming within 10 metres of one another or touching anything anybody else has. The toilet thing is just rampant stupidity, but it is in keeping with the total stupidity over golf. Haven't we long known that people aren't catching covid from hard surfaces.

But we know that very few of the restrictions are related to health outcomes.

Last edited:
I've posted before that the golf ban was absolutely ridiculous. If you remove the need for a player to sign their own card, remove bunker rakes and don't allow the pin to be removed from the hole, then 4 golfers can complete a competition round without coming within 10 metres of one another or touching anything anybody else has. The toilet thing is just rampant stupidity, but it is in keeping with the total stupidity over golf. Haven't we long known that people are catching covid from hard surfaces.

But we know that very few of the restrictions are related to health outcomes.
I dislike this term immensely .....but it was about "the optics"

Can't have people enjoying a round of golf .....but have you seen the Mothers meetings at park playgrounds, far far worse

Andrews even tried, no he didn't try .....he actually closed all park playgrounds to teach those pesky Mothers a lesson .....children were collateral damage

I've been following the Gabby Petito case in the States quite closely ..... I suspect many have

But I hate Australian Media passing off 5 day old news as if it's new news ......they're getting news these days from the same sources as me, and passing themselves off as a News Station .....bloody Pony Express service

1633169029698.png

OK ...whose choice of wardrobe was this .....and did employee and employer at some stage think this was inappropriate ......if the lady in question is looking to be viewed as a serious weather forecaster, surely she should have said hold on here

If we're talking everyone wanting to be treated equally and not be viewed .....well you know what I mean ...why continue to dress like this

1633254957261.png

I've been following the Gabby Petito case in the States quite closely ..... I suspect many have

But I hate Australian Media passing off 5 day old news as if it's new news ......they're getting news these days from the same sources as me, and passing themselves off as a News Station .....bloody Pony Express service

View attachment 1251608
There is a Gabby thread on the crime forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching The Vanishing on C7 regarding the disappearance of Melissa Caddick.

Her husband, Dominic, a hairdresser is living in ga ga land. Doesn’t believe his wife has done anything wrong.

She had a ponzi scheme which is something he doesn’t understand. She spent the money on lifestyle etc. Seems to be a few holes or inconsistencies in his story.

Liked this from the Age, my underlining:

A woman won a $1.5m literary prize. It turned out ‘she’ was actually three men by Miriam Berger October 18, 2021 — 11.20am

The work of one woman was, it turned out, the equivalent of the labours of three men. That was at least the case for Spain’s top writer of crime thrillers, a professor and mother who wrote under the pseudonym Carmen Mola, supposedly to maintain her anonymity.

But on Friday night, at a ceremony to award the €1 million ($1,560,000) Planeta literary prize to Mola for her historical thriller The Beast, three men ascended the podium and claimed the award instead. Mola’s gripping, often-gory novels starring strong female protagonists have been likened to the work of Elena Ferrante, a pseudonym for a widely popular Italian writer.

An early bio described Mola “as a university professor [who] lives in Madrid with her husband and their three children”. Mola is best known for a trilogy starring a “peculiar and solitary” female police inspector “who loves grappa, karaoke, classic cars and sex in SUVs,” according to publisher Penguin Random House. That trilogy has been translated into 11 languages and is being adapted for television.

Last year, a branch of Spain’s Women’s Institute listed Mola’s The Girl, a part of the trilogy, as one of the must-read books and films by women that “help us understand the reality and the experiences of women”.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for future generations ......we've lost the art of humor ...the ability to laugh at any situation and not take everything so seriously

1635121852551.png

Question; who did he hurt .....or are these Govt attacks that Democratic Countries have vilified other Countries for suppression of POV's :think:

I'm feeling a bit sorry for future generations ......we've lost the art of humor ...the ability to laugh at any situation and not take everything so seriously

View attachment 1267294

Question; who did he hurt .....or are these Govt attacks that Democratic Countries have vilified other Countries for suppression of POV's :think:
Seems a bit odd to sack him for the cartoon that they actually chose to publish! Did they sack the person that approved it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back