The official Bigfooty NBA week 5 thread - Ask a question about the game /Kevin Durant

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon they should small ball it and start Morris with Murray at the 2 and Harris at the 3

It's a pretty damn deep team - I haven't really payed a huge amount of attention to because they seem to have had a similar team the last few years - seems like a fair bit of internal improvement this year though.

Murray - Morris - Thomas
Harris - Murray - Beasley
Barton - Hernangomez - Harris
Millsap - Lyles
Jokic - Plumlee

11 quality rotation players (easily can shorten the rotation to eliminate Thomas / Beasley come finals)

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 6.22.08 PM.png

The cap is apparently $109 million 2019/2020
They will certainly decline Millsaps $30 mil team option
Lyles will probably decline his $3.7 mil player option

Gives them $18 million to fill their starting PF spot.
Bringing back Millsap or defensive PF free agents Thad Young or Aminu would be options.
Michael Porter getting back to health.

Only 3 teams in the West have losing records. East as s**t as ever. At least they are semi decent at the top now.
Was just looking at that. 4.5 games separates 1st place Warriors with 15th placed T-Wolves.

Gonna be one hell of a scramble for playoff spots. Gonna be interesting to see who makes it. Cant imagine the playoffs without LeBron but it could happen.

Donny Mitch with the 35 shot 0 assist game. Pretty funny, but def wish Simmons/Fultz had a bit of his dgaf keep chucking attitude.
Simmons is an interesting. He's having a similar year to his rookie season when I expected him to take a step forward. I didnt think his jumper would be there yet but I thought he would increase his scoring to around 20ppg. But in some games Simmons will shoot just four shots. He has to be more aggressive for me.

Solid tank job bulls
We really want Zion but we know we just are not as bad as the Hawks, Cleveland or PHX so it's gonna be tough. Plus we have Dunn, Denzel, Portis, and Lauri all to come back in and you know that's gonna get us some wins. Shame. Gonna need to get lucky with the bouncing balls.

We really want Zion but we know we just are not as bad as the Hawks, Cleveland or PHX so it's gonna be tough. Plus we have Dunn, Denzel, Portis, and Lauri all to come back in and you know that's gonna get us some wins. Shame. Gonna need to get lucky with the bouncing balls.

RJ Barrett would be one hell of a consolation prize though

Jimmy buckets...wow but Kemba ******* Walker. He deserves to play for a contender. He was lit AF. Amazing game.

Get him to the Pels somehow, Hill and 3 1sts :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whether it is tanking or just being crap is really irrelevant. The benefits of getting very early picks are obvious. Would the Spurs have won 5 championships if they hadn't got Tim Duncan at 1? Almost definitely not. Would Cleveland have won in 2016 if they had pick 8 rather than pick 1 in 2011?

Not in recent history.

You know Cleveland got lucky with that? It has nothing to do with tanking, which is what you are promoting. Playing s**t so you can get lucky by jumping from the 8th pick to the 1st pick (can't remember the odds, but must have been less than 5%).

Obviously you have to do a lot else right and you have to make the most of the picks, but the sucker who is out there trying to win each night while 7 other teams 'get it' and realise you have to take a few steps backwards to move forward ... is on a pathway to nowhere.

These other 7 teams that "get it". Explain that a bit more as you aren't showing much evidence. If 7 teams a year are "getting it", there should be heaps of evidence that tanking leads to winning chips.

You have given two in the last 20 years. And, let's be honest, as great as Kyrie is, if LeBron doesn't come back they are a 5-8 seed after 3 number one picks in 4 seasons (good evidence that tanking doesn't actually work very well). They got lucky LeBron wanted to come home.

Look at the Top 10 teams in the league at the moment. The only one that you can link with tanking is 76ers. And, while they have a heap of potential, they had almost 10 good draft picks and came out of it with 2 good players (really good to be fair - if injury prone).

I don't hate playing young guys at the end of a season, or getting early surgery. But to say "Let's start tanking early in the season" when you actually have a competent team is terrible for a team.

Giving an AFL example... You know there were a bunch of West Coast Eagles supporters that thought we should have tanked last year and, again, this year.

Does Golden State ever stop crying about calls and referees? They get a charmed run, and still complain.

Just for the record. Warriors called for 23.2 fouls per game. Opponent 20.6 per game.

Free throws attempted per game. Warriors 22.0 per game. Opponent 26.0 per game.

I'm actually not complaining. I think the officiating has been fine this season. Some times we get some calls, sometime we don't.

But to say we have get a "charmed run" is not right.

Magic started 8-4 last year
Then went 4-27

Look better this year, but we’ll see how it all plays out

I'll give you Lauri, and maaaybe Bobby.

The other two are trash

Just for the record. Warriors called for 23.2 fouls per game. Opponent 20.6 per game.

I'm actually not complaining. I think the officiating has been fine this season. Some times we get some calls, sometime we don't.

How does that marry up with drives per game and 3PA per game?

How does that marry up with drives per game and 3PA per game?

We're take 29 threes per game. Our opponents take 35 per game.

We are definitely low on the drives per game (but we're also low on free throws per drive - we get 2.2 free throws per game from drives).

I'm not complaining btw. Just a bit tired of this "Warriors get all the calls and still complain" narrative that seems to exist.

I have no issues admitting the Warriors complain a lot.

Mate, shame on you for bringing facts into my emotional rant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back