Review The re-signing of Sando.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your kidding..... Sando has achieved nothing yet to warrant the tag of great coach

The side on the park today should have smashed Melbourne

Port are beating top 4 sides at home while we are losing to bottom sides at home

Sando May one day be a great coach however right now he is not and he won't be unless he starts to learn some hard lesson
s
I think he certainly has potential .....but gee we missed Bailey & desperately need another senior mentor

Agree we have to turn over midfield & forward assistant coaches ......can't see any progression in those two zones

Hard to judge Sando when he has his hands tied by:

Tippett-gate & loss of picks.
Loss of Bailey not adequately replaced.
combined with assistants lacking match day smarts when an inexperienced senior coach.
Fitness coaching under resourced.

This doesn't remove Sando from any blame as yesterday's coaching was terrible but he has been dealt a deck with some key cards missing.

I think he certainly has potential .....but gee we missed Bailey & desperately need another senior mentor

Agree we have to turn over midfield & forward assistant coaches ......can't see any progression in those two zones
imo, you only need a mentor if your not up to it your self

It was a mistake to extend him unnecessarily, yes.

But the real issue is not him alone. We say we've been noticing some old habits creeping back in, right? Well as far as I'm concerned, the fact that Camporeale, Bickley and Clarke are still there might have something to do with that.

I support Sanderson as coach, but we need to bring in a senior assistant with AFL experience - for example, Worsfold or Thompson realistic or not) and replace our assistant coaches. I think Nathan Bassett is the man, but don't know if he'd relocate back home after one year. Others mat know his situation better.

Don't even start me on the administration, but change there is highly unlikely.

combined with assistants lacking match day smarts when an inexperienced senior coach.

This doesn't remove Sando from any blame as yesterday's coaching was terrible but he has been dealt a deck with some key cards missing.
:confused: all that aside ...it's Sandos crappy gameplan that has us centreing the ball in defensive 50

It's Sando that is responsible for us being ready to play first bounce

All the other things are influences but not excuses

The things he is in control of, the things he's responsible for, are a complete and utter mess - they have been for two years.

2012 was Craig, not Sando.

The things he is in control of, the things he's responsible for, are a complete and utter mess - they have been for two years.

2012 was Craig, not Sando.
Bailey not Craig!

Does clarko have a mentor, longmire, scott, lyon, hinkley?
I don't think the role is a mentor Froggy. Its more someone that can look at the game from a different perspective to the senior coach and line coaches (although I'm not sure if they even watch). Its very much a strategist role. Bails was never Sandos mentor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't they sign him? The club could easily pay the next 2 years of his contract and it wouldn't hurt at all. He was a 2 year coach who would probably be on pretty low money. Plus im sure there are some performance based clauses in his contract. Not that I expect it to happen.

Sando is a great coach.

Has lost important cattle to injuries.

Tell me we don't win today if lynch didn't get sniped? Or of Douglas didn't get suspended?

Walker, Douglas, lynch, Henderson, otten, crouch, VB, Rutten

Put them back in our team and then assess him

We are a young side, we don't have the luxury of having a player go down and replacing them without any problems
all important players, no doubt, but we still had more than enough talent on the park to beat Melbourne yesterday.

our structures at stoppages and in the forward line are appalling, APPALLING! and not a single player turned up expecting a contest in the first quarter.

Sando's fault, AND he's completely avoided taking responsibility at any point in the wash-up.

Sando is a great coach.

Has lost important cattle to injuries.

Tell me we don't win today if lynch didn't get sniped? Or of Douglas didn't get suspended?

Walker, Douglas, lynch, Henderson, otten, crouch, VB, Rutten

Put them back in our team and then assess him

We are a young side, we don't have the luxury of having a player go down and replacing them without any problems
Week after week Sando is out coached

At least if Sando gets sacked soon he might spill the beans on the clowns we have pretending to be club administration.
which is why he's not going anywhere.

EDIT: unless he wanted out, now THAT would be interesting.

Maybe Sando needs help, but why doesnt Trigg look around the country for that help.

We would be a decent team if we had a game plan and coach that could inspire players to play to their potential.

I still believe we have the cattle but something is really wrong with psyche of our players. I also think it was a mistake to shed all those kilos over summer, its led to poor tackling.

I'd say it's had zero impact on our tackling, and that's not a good thing...

I disagree, when they have shed the kilos you obviously have less weight to pull an opponent to the ground. Thats why in TKD I am in the heavy weight category and not fighting lighter opponents. Well its an opinion, I dont know if you or I are right or wrong.

Why wouldn't they sign him? The club could easily pay the next 2 years of his contract and it wouldn't hurt at all. He was a 2 year coach who would probably be on pretty low money. Plus im sure there are some performance based clauses in his contract. Not that I expect it to happen.

We aren't rich anymore - we can't afford to throw money away; forgetting the fact that pointlessly resigning someone on the back of a poor performance is a bloody stupid idea.

we have a cattle of about 25-26 players which is capable of taking us to the finals. we need to get that to 30-32 capable players quickly as possible to enable us to play and win big finals because until then the minute we are hit with key injuries we struggle

I disagree, when they have shed the kilos you obviously have less weight to pull an opponent to the ground. Thats why in TKD I am in the heavy weight category and not fighting lighter opponents. Well its an opinion, I dont know if you or I are right or wrong.

We have never been good tacklers, and despite always hearing come pre-season that it's something that gets better, it never changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back