Opinion The RESET continues - New Captain in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

100% Jack . Some men embrace pressure & responsibility . When the moment is in front of them some men love that moment & they seize it , when the game is on the line they want the ball in their hands . Jack is one of those men . He will take his game to another level next year . Take it to the bank .
I find it hard to understand how a player wouldn't want the ball under any circumstances

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Good skippers tend to have a bit of physical intimidation about them - JZ

We've two types of captains currently available , one can present very well in the media and explain away a capitulation or players poor form. The other type while not being as media savvy will berate those that don't follow his on field exploits to the letter.

I think we desperately need the latter at this stage anyway.

JZ captain.

JMac his messenger.

I'm not too fussed about a player's language skills, but what I do want is the guy who makes others stand taller. The guy who grabs a game by the scruff of the neck and demands the pill. The guy with aura. It has to be Ziebell.

100% Jack . Some men embrace pressure & responsibility . When the moment is in front of them some men love that moment & they seize it , when the game is on the line they want the ball in their hands . Jack is one of those men . He will take his game to another level next year . Take it to the bank .
I agree, JZ to me seems to be the guy who wants the pressure and I can honestly see him taking his game to another level with the captaincy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as the new Capt doesnt use "hopefully" consistently regarding performance, it will be a start....

Cupboard's pretty bare for deserving replacements. Our lack of leadership onfield reflects that.

I'd expect JZ to get it.

Last edited:
Ultimately yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a little while to fully own it despite what looks to have been a year of grooming.

I'm not too fussed about a player's language skills, but what I do want is the guy who makes others stand taller. The guy who grabs a game by the scruff of the neck and demands the pill. The guy with aura. It has to be Ziebell.
Jmac would be a worthy successor to Swallow, but Jack has 'it' (onfield, anyway).

We've two types of captains currently available , one can present very well in the media and explain away a capitulation or players poor form. The other type while not being as media savvy will berate those that don't follow his on field exploits to the letter.

I think we desperately need the latter at this stage anyway.

JMac is constantly directing traffic and getting up blokes for being out of position, not fulfilling their roles etc.

And he is often the first into remonstrate with opposition players, see Judd after his chicken wing.

Might not have the same brutish leadership style as Jack but I think if made captain, he would take it up a notch.

JMac is constantly directing traffic and getting up blokes for being out of position, not fulfilling their roles etc.

And he is often the first into remonstrate with opposition players, see Judd after his chicken wing.

Might not have the same brutish leadership style as Jack but I think if made captain, he would take it up a notch.
Either Jmac or JZ will take it up a notch I reckon. If we were ever to do co-captains, and I'm not advocating it, these guys would do well.

p.s. I think Jmac was also first in when Wright copped it, but I think ;) may have made it worse by doing so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back