Free Agency Tim O’Brien [FA signing for 2 years at the Bulldogs]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been told he will have to wait to see what happens in trade week.
Decent swingman, with a good leg. Biggest downfall is his “almost” marks.

Has done a medical with Port, has rumored interest from Dogs.

Need to confirm if restricted or unrestricted FA.

At this point, Im happy if he goes elsewhere and becomes that rangy tall forward who clunks marks. Just please, for the love of god I want to get off the Tim O'Brian Express, please take him
Imagine if he rolls into another club and starts clunking everything he gets his hands to!?

Last edited:
He ruined his standing in the game by actually taking a spectacular mark this year.
And he slotted the goal, was expecting him to kick it into the man on the mark.

I mean you get your hands on 99 contested pack mark situations and eventually you have to take one

I sat with a Hawthorn fan friend of mine this year for a Bombers game and my favourite part of the match was when he muttered under his breath.

"This is exactly what Tim would be like if he could bloody mark it"

He was talking about Harrison Jones.

I sat with a Hawthorn fan friend of mine this year for a Bombers game and my favourite part of the match was when he muttered under his breath.

I am assuming the Tassie game because O'Brien did kick the match winner in the first one and Jones sprayed it everywhere

Assuming it wasn't the winning mark and goal game in r1?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Linked to the Dogs as an intercepting defender.
Do you need an intercepting defender? Would have thought the Dogs need a lockdown defender more. Unless it is a 1 year insurance policy until Naughton goes back when Bruce, JUH and Darcy become the tall forwards

Timmy is a very good intercepting defender and he takes a lot more marks in the back half.

It seems the voices in his head only affect his marking when he’s playing forward.

Do you need an intercepting defender? Would have thought the Dogs need a lockdown defender more. Unless it is a 1 year insurance policy until Naughton goes back when Bruce, JUH and Darcy become the tall forwards

Replaces Easton who is just about done sadly. Don’t mind O’Brien.

Wood is done. Lost a yard or 2 of pace and that was his biggest asset. Basically used his athleticism to cover territory.

Young as third tall defender (Wood replacement makes sense).

Naughton will never go to defence.

Timmy is a very good intercepting defender and he takes a lot more marks in the back half.

It seems the voices in his head only affect his marking when he’s playing forward.
Its a shame because he is a really good set shot.

Desperately need an intercepting defender.
Other option is a big lockdown defender to release Keath to play more intercept but there aren't many available.

Don't forget O'Brien took a MOTY contender against us in 2020 too (then immediately turned the ball over)

Desperately need an intercepting defender.
Other option is a big lockdown defender to release Keath to play more intercept but there aren't many available.

Don't forget O'Brien took a MOTY contender against us in 2020 too (then immediately turned the ball over)
Keath is why i thought you would be more after a lockdown defender to release him

In 2019 he wasn't bad as a backman and then went forward for 5 weeks and released his Jarrad Waite to get us thinking he may actually become a player. There is a player in there somewhere.

PS. If the Dogs get him make sure he is nowhere near Bont in any preseason training drill

Seems more confident playing back than forward, he’s days as a forward are probably done at Hawthorn and Sicily will be back, also Jiath and DGB are the future, he will probably be squeeze out in defence. If he stays at the Hawks, he most likely be a pinch hitter when needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back