List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute rubbish. The cats are known to be one of the better trader. Your just pissed we stuck fast on this one, and recent history tells us we did the right thing with TK.

Think you are a bit lost.

What you asked for Kelly last year was laughable - so laughable in fact that we told you to G A G F.

Run along to your own board where you can brainstorm a list of demands including 5 of our best players and our top pick for the next 3 years

What you asked for Kelly last year was laughable - so laughable in fact that we told you to G A G F.

Run along to your own board where you can brainstorm a list of demands including 5 of our best players and our top pick for the next 3 years

And that would only be the starting point! 😎

So west coast are one of 3 teams coniglio is considering .
Might be a good reason why kelly has changed his tune on freo .
I don't think Kelly has changed his tune.

I just think his manager has got smarter to say that Freo are a chance. That way the two WA clubs can try and outdo each other with a big, fat juicy contract.

If his Mrs is uncomfortable with him going to Freo I can't see that changing, especially so if WCE are stumping up 3/4 of a mill to get him.

Absolute rubbish. The cats are known to be one of the better trader. Your just pissed we stuck fast on this one, and recent history tells us we did the right thing with TK.
As a Geelong supporter you'll know better than me, but what trades have they done recently of players leaving to other clubs? Vardy, Gregson, Menzel and Lang all come to mind but all had severely injured plagued careers, so would've been see as low trade value.
It mostly looks like a one way door with players wanting to come to the cats, so hard one to evaluate whether they're good to trade with or not.
I can see both sides of argument with TK, I do believe cats backed themselves to have a real crack at premiership this year. They would've been confident they'd got the final pieces of the jigsaw puzzle (fwd pressure) in Dalhaus and Rohan, so losing Kelly only un did these great acquisitions. Looks like its paid off as well, top of the ladder and all 3 players mentioned here dominant.

As a Geelong supporter you'll know better than me, but what trades have they done recently of players leaving to other clubs? Vardy, Gregson, Menzel and Lang all come to mind but all had severely injured plagued careers, so would've been see as low trade value.
It mostly looks like a one way door with players wanting to come to the cats, so hard one to evaluate whether they're good to trade with or not.
I can see both sides of argument with TK, I do believe cats backed themselves to have a real crack at premiership this year. They would've been confident they'd got the final pieces of the jigsaw puzzle (fwd pressure) in Dalhaus and Rohan, so losing Kelly only un did these great acquisitions. Looks like its paid off as well, top of the ladder and all 3 players mentioned here dominant.

Generally the cats don’t have many required players want to leave them, especially since they have been up and about from about 06 onwards. The ones you mentioned were either injured or deemed not up to standard and let go.

The most recent example I can think of would be Alan Christiansen who requested a trade out in the first week of the trade period. From what I understand, the club didn’t see the request coming. He was out of contract. We got pick 21 for him which was regarded as a great deal for the lions. We let him go ultimately because he needed a fresh start due to personal issues he had going on. Gambling issues. The cats did the deal without fuss to get him where he wanted to go.

Generally the cats don’t have many required players want to leave them, especially since they have been up and about from about 06 onwards. The ones you mentioned were either injured or deemed not up to standard and let go.

The most recent example I can think of would be Alan Christiansen who requested a trade out in the first week of the trade period. From what I understand, the club didn’t see the request coming. He was out of contract. We got pick 21 for him which was regarded as a great deal for the lions. We let him go ultimately because he needed a fresh start due to personal issues he had going on. Gambling issues. The cats did the deal without fuss to get him where he wanted to go.

Who did the Cats get with 21?

Christiansen has struggled with injury ever since.....and now cant get into the best 22.

I don't think Kelly has changed his tune.

I just think his manager has got smarter to say that Freo are a chance. That way the two WA clubs can try and outdo each other with a big, fat juicy contract.

If his Mrs is uncomfortable with him going to Freo I can't see that changing, especially so if WCE are stumping up 3/4 of a mill to get him.

Totally this. His manager was plain dumb ruling out Freo so early. Now Freo are an option.........to get more $$$$ out of the Eagles.

Better sharpen that pencil Eagles and cough up some more coin. You wouldnt want Kelly in purple next year, that would be embarrasing.

Who did the Cats get with 21?

Christiansen has struggled with injury ever since.....and now cant get into the best 22.

At the time Alan was regarded as a gun but yep, injury got him. We used that pick on Reece Stanley if my memory is correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Coniglio, Jack Martin and Tim Kelly all genuine possibilities for next year.
This year Kelly has jumped to the front but Cog's wouldn't be far behind.
Would be genuinely happy with any of the three but preference is prob Kelly, Cog's then Martin.
NicNat's new contract will free up some coin plus a few player exits.

Interested what other think and if there is another big fish who will be a possibility.

Kelly has jumped to the front? He may be more getable but Conilgio is the superior footballer. Easily.

Runs both ways, plays through tags, kicks goals... St Kilda willing to pay him $1.4m a year apparently.

I like Johnson. If it wasn't for Alec Waterman he'd have won himself a Colts premiership in 2013 and he'd be a household name by now. Wait I'm thinking Sokol, now he's a gun.

If Johnson didn't have a similar turning circle to Q.Lynch he'd have made a solid AFL footballer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kelly has jumped to the front? He may be more getable but Conilgio is the superior footballer. Easily.

Runs both ways, plays through tags, kicks goals... St Kilda willing to pay him $1.4m a year apparently.

I don’t think Coni is as way superior as you think..He’s been a little disappointing imo that he hasn’t been able to lift GWS to victories in the big games as a match winner ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what did Geelong ask for?

Cats fans on the Trading thread seem to think we baulked at 3 nd rounders with a 3rd coming back. So 2 and a half 2nd round picks.

I recall Geelong were always chasing our 1st rounder in 2019 plus two 2nds after initially demanding a top 10 pick + something else.

So what did Geelong ask for?

Cats fans on the Trading thread seem to think we baulked at 3 nd rounders with a 3rd coming back. So 2 and a half 2nd round picks.

I recall Geelong were always chasing our 1st rounder in 2019 plus two 2nds after initially demanding a top 10 pick + something else.
And with the glorious assistance of hindsight I wish we'd just paid it. Doesn't look like we got anything useful from the 2018 draft and putting aside whatever the trade cost would be at the end of this year, it'll be an extra $1.5m of the salary cap over the life of his next contract.

I like Johnson. If it wasn't for Alec Waterman he'd have won himself a Colts premiership in 2013 and he'd be a household name by now. Wait I'm thinking Sokol, now he's a gun.

If Johnson didn't have a similar turning circle to Q.Lynch he'd have made a solid AFL footballer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Come to think of it, how the * was his nickname not "Clinch"?

Opportunity missed, board.

And with the glorious assistance of hindsight I wish we'd just paid it. Doesn't look like we got anything useful from the 2018 draft and putting aside whatever the trade cost would be at the end of this year, it'll be an extra $1.5m of the salary cap over the life of his next contract.

We landed 3 kids who will take time to show what they have plus the Swans 2019 2nd which is looking pretty good ATM and we retained our 2019 1st.

Only time will tell i we stuffed up and then again were the Cats really going to trade Kelly?

At least now everyone knows Kelly's 2018 form wasn't an aberration and if we do cough up significant picks we have two years of form line to base that on.

Its all good IMO.

Think i've added Josh Smith to my delistings at the end of the year.

Didn't rate the pick, haven't rated his performances in the WAFL or AFL level this year, just a wasted list spot IMO.

I get the idea of recruiting ex AFL depth to lead our young WAFL team, but 17 touches and 2.7 tackles a game isn't enough at that level.

I'd prefer Marsden got another year leading our young WAFL lads than Smith.

I don’t think Coni is as way superior as you think..He’s been a little disappointing imo that he hasn’t been able to lift GWS to victories in the big games as a match winner ..

Kelly has played one career final and didn't have much of an impact. Coniglio has played 7 for 28 touches and a goal a game.

Think i've added Josh Smith to my delistings at the end of the year.

Didn't rate the pick, haven't rated his performances in the WAFL or AFL level this year, just a wasted list spot IMO.

I get the idea of recruiting ex AFL depth to lead our young WAFL team, but 17 touches and 2.7 tackles a game isn't enough at that level.

I'd prefer Marsden got another year leading our young WAFL lads than Smith.
Thank god we used our first rookie pick wisely on GOAT Harry

We landed 3 kids who will take time to show what they have plus the Swans 2019 2nd which is looking pretty good ATM and we retained our 2019 1st.

Only time will tell i we stuffed up and then again were the Cats really going to trade Kelly?

At least now everyone knows Kelly's 2018 form wasn't an aberration and if we do cough up significant picks we have two years of form line to base that on.

Its all good IMO.
Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that really. I wasn't unhappy at the time that we stuck to our guns. And like you say sometimes paying extra down the track once the player has proven themselves isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

But if I had a time machine... I'd probably just have offered the deal Geelong claim they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back