Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be interested to know why we passed on him at pick 41 and took him with 45?

How sure where we that he wouldn't get picked up before 45 considering many people rated him highly predraft?

Not good enough to pull on the boots G C?

Both my nephews are Marcellin boys also.
Only in my dreams for the Pies. Plenty of footy for Marcellin and the old boys. Life member and last game with the Bald Eagles when I was 50.

You must have great nephews

I'd be interested to know why we passed on him at pick 41 and took him with 45?

How sure where we that he wouldn't get picked up before 45 considering many people rated him highly predraft?

It might be as simple as we rated Rantall higher.

It also might be that we took a strategic decision and believed our best hope of obtaining both would be to select Rantall first.

It might be as simple as we rated Rantall higher.

It also might be that we took a strategic decision and believed our best hope of obtaining both would be to select Rantall first.

I mean, didn't we have the pick to take him then end up trading it away for a pick 5 picks or so later and ended up taking Bianco with that pick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine this. It's day one, Wednesday night. Pick 19, 20, 21 are rolling by. Bianco is available. Pie 4 Life has him at 18, Bishop has him at 22, Twomey has him at 22. Do we trade up to get this boy? I mean, he's a good user on both feet. He loves the pies.

Do we trade up or not?

Nah, we'll take him at 45. No fu**in worries.
Let's just say the behind the scenes footage at work when we were doing the Facebook Live chat - we're lucky we were on a break. Definitely the most emotional I'd got about a draft picks since Brodie Grundy. Absolutely no right whatsoever to have him on board.

Did he tank the combine interviews? Serious... what's the go. Pie 4 Life talk to me!
Clubs obviously aren't keen on sub-180cm players with elite or sub-elite footskills. Mitch O'Neill didn't even get drafted and he's a dual All-Australian. It was one really weird draft. We knew it would be so even, but there's some that missed out that were bizzare.

Continues the Collingwood Marcellin link also.

Gavin Brown
Andrew Tranquilli
Patrick Karnesis
Brayden Sier
Callum Brown
Tyler Brown
Trent Bianco

4 current players now. Good to see the old school pump out Pies
Breeding ground for excellence in the medical field too....

Dom Milesi our national recruiting manager is a Marcellin old boy.

Hopefully another future star, welcome to the club Trent!

Let's just say the behind the scenes footage at work when we were doing the Facebook Live chat - we're lucky we were on a break. Definitely the most emotional I'd got about a draft picks since Brodie Grundy. Absolutely no right whatsoever to have him on board.
Brodie G will be our all time greatest ever steal. That was so insane. Such a huge win for us.

this is pure burglary, we burgled once for Rantall then this burglary... fantastic thieves we are.

(apologies to Tolkien and The Hobbit)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back