Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how often I need to repeat it.

So I'll try a different way . . .

Infer isn't a categorical statement.

It's not that I doubt he will play if he isn't fully fit - however some of us don't jump to categorical assumptions on someone inferring.

The speaker/writer implies, the listener/reader infers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bianco: If you haven't listened to Nuvole Bianche, then you haven't played the piano or attended any piano concert. Kicking as graceful as Einaudi's score. Thought he justified selection.
Thank you for the obscure reference. I have a feeling every time he gets anywhere near the ball from now on I will be humming that delightful piece of music.

yes i agree with this
i really like the kid and like his good attributes
but lack of pace is going to be hard to cover, especially if you arent big (i think you may be able to cover for one or the other, but not both)
Tony Shaw, Greg Williams and Sam Mitchell all say hello.
That kick to Billy was incredible.
It's what we've been hearing about him, skill wise, for a while.
If he can deliver that then he's in

if you've played the game you would know, kicking with that accuracy at full pace is impossible.
Bianco needed to slow down to pinpoint that pass, so no wonder the Ess player made ground.

He didn't pinpoint the pass, he bombed it as long as he could in the direction that Elliott was leading. And there were two Essendon players in the contest when Billy marked it. Contested marks are rarely a credit to the kicker - more the marker. If it was a perfectly weighted kicked marked on the lead, then generally it is the kicker that deserves more credit.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good kick. I'm just saying it wasn't an incredible kick. It was effective, but that's about it.

Greg Williams, one of the all time bests, is not a wise example. But we know the point you are trying to make, if he a once in a generation player he is a chance.

He didn't pinpoint the pass, he bombed it as long as he could in the direction that Elliott was leading. And there were two Essendon players in the contest when Billy marked it. Contested marks are rarely a credit to the kicker - more the marker. If it was a perfectly weighted kicked marked on the lead, then generally it is the kicker that deserves more credit.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good kick. I'm just saying it wasn't an incredible kick. It was effective, but that's about it.

Disagree, but who cares because we won and Trent was a massive part in it. Let the bone go already.

i hope so!
those three you mention are inside mids, and all would have to be a lot bigger these days.
so i think if he can find a way to make it work, then it will be great

If he’d not shown elite kicking in the past you may have a point.
He is a elite kick so it was not the fluke you are alluding to IMO.

Last edited:
Played fine on the weekend - Fly summed it up well.

Doesn’t have the wheels or power to compete in some contests at the moment - but works hard up and down the ground and is one of the few with the foot skills and decision making to open the game up. Also positions himself well to be used in a chain in transition (see Essendon last goal for example) which speaks to his game sense and decision making.

If he can learn a few tricks from Pendles on how to create space without breakaway speed and add a bit of muscle over the summer he could surprise a few next year. For now, has enough traits to hold his spot and be in the mix next week and beyond.

Doesn’t have the wheels or power to compete in some contests at the moment - but works hard up and down the ground and is one of the few with the foot skills and decision making to open the game up. Also positions himself well to be used in a chain in transition (see Essendon last goal for example) which speaks to his game sense and decision making.

If he can learn a few tricks from Pendles on how to create space without breakaway speed and add a bit of muscle over the summer he could surprise a few next year. For now, has enough traits to hold his spot and be in the mix next week and beyond.

Don't think his athletic profile will change much. What we see is what we get, with some natural football progression.

Not big, not fast, but a hard worker and his skills are excellent. 16 disposal game was a solid B and that's what we need. A great role player. As long as he keeps getting involved.

Forward with the Bianco!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please keep talking about his great footskills because he did 1 great kick last year, meanwhile every game he plays he kicks balls out on the full and misses plenty of easy targets.

Please keep talking about his great footskills because he did 1 great kick last year, meanwhile every game he plays he kicks balls out on the full and misses plenty of easy targets.

in an alternative universe, you will be coaching the pies and making weekly press conferences concentrating on the players mistakes and shortcomings as the club strives for a fairytale wooden spoon....

H
He has great foot skills - his ability to see and hit passes others don’t see is very good.

I thought he was pretty good yeaterday. Kept running to good spots, had some nice disposals and bobbed up with a crucial snap goal.
Definitely didn't look overwhelmed. I think another preseason to get his tank up and get stronger will go a long way.

49% time on ground in a prelim final is not a good look. It's a liability really.

He's had 3 preseasons now. I know that covid screwed up the lower divisions and match fitness is important, but he really needs to work his ass off and get fitter. I mean go get a PT, or call Travis Boak lol, do something outside of the club preseason. Lots of players like him have come before, the only way you make it is if you put in the hard yards.

I like him, he just needs to get fitter and stronger, and that's all on him (diet and exercise).

49% time on ground in a prelim final is not a good look. It's a liability really.

He's had 3 preseasons now. I know that covid screwed up the lower divisions and match fitness is important, but he really needs to work his ass off and get fitter. I mean go get a PT, or call Travis Boak lol, do something outside of the club preseason. Lots of players like him have come before, the only way you make it is if you put in the hard yards.

I like him, he just needs to get fitter and stronger, and that's all on him (diet and exercise).
His low time on ground was likely a tactical choice not a fitness constraint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back