Autopsy v the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

We have had 2 poor games all year and lost 5 by under 1 goal we arent that bad.

Add Wood,Marley,Turner,JMac,Jacobs,EVW and one or more big name recruits and we will be alright.

Bring on 2018 and delete and close thread.

I agree shniko, but the season is starting to get a bit too long now and our cupboard is bare so I expect a bit more pain in the last three weeks, do you think Jeffries is a chance for key forward next week? he is about all that is left. ;)

94 the worst.

Sheer and utter despair afterwards.

I wonder how many Sack Pagans would have appeared...lots for Sack Shimmas and JYD.

Probably none given we were desperately unlucky to lose a prelim by a goal. Interesting comparison to the tripe we served up last night.

Probably none given we were desperately unlucky to lose a prelim by a goal. Interesting comparison to the tripe we served up last night.

I have no idea why people get so upset sbout games like last night.

Compared to losing a Final last night is nothing.

Thats it.

I agree shniko, but the season is starting to get a bit too long now and our cupboard is bare so I expect a bit more pain in the last three weeks, do you think Jeffries is a chance for key forward next week? he is about all that is left. ;)
Who? I'll be honest i know nothing of Jeffries and yes I'm expecting pain in the last three weeks. Just keep pumping games into kids is my only interest for the year and even play a smaller forward line if need be.

WOO I'm back after copping a week for trolling the s**t out of Melbourne last week, was probably worth it.

That was a disgusting display of footy with the key offender being Shaun "hospital handball" Atley who killed a great deal of momentum throughout the game. It's a shame given how well he's played over the last month.

Not sure where our heads are at, it's a bit hard given there's nothing to play for. I'm glad Ziebell was visably pissed off in the interview afterwards

WOO I'm back after copping a week for trolling the s**t out of Melbourne last week, was probably worth it.

That was a disgusting display of footy with the key offender being Shaun "hospital handball" Atley who killed a great deal of momentum throughout the game. It's a shame given how well he's played over the last month.

Not sure where our heads are at, it's a bit hard given there's nothing to play for. I'm glad Ziebell was visably pissed off in the interview afterwards
Ziebell had every right to be pissed off. He's leading a side that is underperforming.

Who? I'll be honest i know nothing of Jeffries and yes I'm expecting pain in the last three weeks. Just keep pumping games into kids is my only interest for the year and even play a smaller forward line if need be.

Jeffries is some kid from a rugby Union background that we picked up as a cat B rookie, I assume he is playing in the development side at Werribee.

Jeffries is some kid from a rugby Union background that we picked up as a cat B rookie, I assume he is playing in the development side at Werribee.
We haven't even rookied him yet as he's too young. Will be listed at the end of the year.

Ziebell had every right to be pissed off. He's leading a side that is underperforming.
Being or getting 'Pissed off' is not leadership, action is leadership, not in relation to his own performance.

His actions on-field re the players is leadership and his responsibility, he has to stand up, harden up and demand from the players.....especially when Scott does not have such ability. At the very least a requirement of BOTH Scott & Ziebell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on your age I suppose, I remember Don Scott declaring we are really s**t live on tele during one terrible game for us against Bears at Carrara many moons ago.

The commentator said live on air ," gee they're s**t". not sue that has ever happened since? lol

That's gold

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Definitely not our worst performance ever, the hawks game in tassie and a 100 pt drubbing from the saints come to mind as those.
We were still in the game even though we weren't if that makes sense, we had a lot of inside 50's and were winning the ball we just stuffed it up when we had a chance to score or kicked or handballed it to nobody. Pies made us handball happy which invited pressure and we turn it over.
Other teams know if they pressure us enough we'll give it straight to them.

One that sticks in my mind as worst ever was:

1987 Elimination Final
Melbourne
22.26-158
North
5.10-40

As a stubborn teen I refused to leave until the final siren, was a soul destroying day.
or if you want truly painful

What the * have you just done??

Both just horrible days.

One that sticks in my mind as worst ever was:

1987 Elimination Final
Melbourne
22.26-158
North
5.10-40

As a stubborn teen I refused to leave until the final siren, was a soul destroying day.

left with my grandpa with 90 seconds left. First time I ever saw him leave. Heard the siren on the Jolimont bridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back