Media VeinMedia Presents... Opposition Analysis: S30 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

This sh*t is good.
So which number? 25? 69? 4? Sorry, scratch that, just gave the number 4 to a splendid kent by the name of Hai_Newman

Lets start again.

Which number? You can have 20, anything in between 25-35 or 69.

Love you

Xoxo

So which number? 25? 69? 4? Sorry, scratch that, just gave the number 4 to a splendid kent by the name of Hai_Newman

Lets start again.

Which number? You can have 20, anything in between 25-35 or 69.

Love you

Xoxo
24 please mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 8 Vs Mount Buller Demons: Ratings
Round 8
Mount Buller Demons Vs Baghdad Bombers at The Snow Dome

RATINGS

The Stalwart

B8CF4A9A-887F-406E-9782-82B33395F521.jpeg

Tarkyn_24

More affectionately known as ‘Tarks’, the leagues all-time leading goal kicker is just about as stalwarty as you can get. I mean, just look at him, very stalwarty if you ask me. A general delight to converse with and one of the ‘good guys’ of the Sweet FA.

The Up and Comer.

FBEDC7E6-22AE-43C9-ACD1-C09980B0E5F1.jpeg

moginie

Entering his 3rd season in the league is this fine gentleman, and it seems he is one of the growing fan boys of this new breed at Baghdad. Always saves his best for the Bombers and manages to engage friend and foe alike in a unique way, loves a brew, and loves the tunes. A bright future awaits mog, who is most certainly a future leader of the Demons

The Fallen Hero

565C7646-D976-45EF-B06B-40619AD9FA05.jpeg

Headless

When he’s up and about, the human neck hole is just about the best poster on the Demons list. Finished top 20 in the #beez last season and deservedly so, as he was rather active in both match threads and media in S29, and his posting, although not to everyone’s liking, was first-class and he had a very unique brand of humour, in a similar vein to Proper Gander.
Fast-forward to S30, and ‘Less seems to be burdened by something. He isn’t posting as freely, he doesn’t seem to be enjoying himself as much, and I believe there is something amiss at the Snow Dome. Here’s hoping that he can regain some form in the coming months, as he is quite a funny character when he’s fit and firing.

The Court Jester.

6B6DFC17-BECD-45BA-AD83-173580988A2E.jpeg

Yakker

Easily the funniest prick on their list, Yak has a brand of humour that is sure to please the masses, but he can scrap if the situation calls for it. Not backward in coming forward, he is just another character on a list which is chock-full of individual talent, and is also the right-hand man of Captain Courageous, who you’ll all see shortly.

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion.

614C4743-05AF-4E3F-8D3A-7042807B00CC.gif

manangatang

When you are talking quality, it’s pretty difficult to look much further than mang. Consistently a top 10 poster in the league and one of my personal favourites, the #beez winner from S28 doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon.
A true captain.

So there it is, good citizens of sweet, another extensive round of match thread analysis and ratings done.

Up next, the Las Vegas Bears

2D9BCA34-70F8-4EE3-A900-9782B87017D6.gif

Round 8
Mount Buller Demons Vs Baghdad Bombers at The Snow Dome

RATINGS

The Stalwart

View attachment 968085

Tarkyn_24

More affectionately known as ‘Tarks’, the leagues all-time leading goal kicker is just about as stalwarty as you can get. I mean, just look at him, very stalwarty if you ask me. A general delight to converse with and one of the ‘good guys’ of the Sweet FA.

The Up and Comer.

View attachment 968078

moginie

Entering his 3rd season in the league is this fine gentleman, and it seems he is one of the growing fan boys of this new breed at Baghdad. Always saves his best for the Bombers and manages to engage friend and foe alike in a unique way, loves a brew, and loves the tunes. A bright future awaits mog, who is most certainly a future leader of the Demons

The Fallen Hero

View attachment 968080

Headless

When he’s up and about, the human neck hole is just about the best poster on the Demons list. Finished top 20 in the #beez last season and deservedly so, as he was rather active in both match threads and media in S29, and his posting, although not to everyone’s liking, was first-class and he had a very unique brand of humour, in a similar vein to Proper Gander.
Fast-forward to S30, and ‘Less seems to be burdened by something. He isn’t posting as freely, he doesn’t seem to be enjoying himself as much, and I believe there is something amiss at the Snow Dome. Here’s hoping that he can regain some form in the coming months, as he is quite a funny character when he’s fit and firing.

The Court Jester.

View attachment 968081

Yakker

Easily the funniest prick on their list, Yak has a brand of humour that is sure to please the masses, but he can scrap if the situation calls for it. Not backward in coming forward, he is just another character on a list which is chock-full of individual talent, and is also the right-hand man of Captain Courageous, who you’ll all see shortly.

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion.

View attachment 968079

manangatang

When you are talking quality, it’s pretty difficult to look much further than mang. Consistently a top 10 poster in the league and one of my personal favourites, the #beez winner from S28 doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon.
A true captain.

So there it is, good citizens of sweet, another extensive round of match thread analysis and ratings done.

Up next, the Las Vegas Bears

View attachment 968104

Wait, moginie is a guy?

I thought it was a chick.

Round 9 Vs Las Vegas Bears
Round 9
Baghdad Bombers Vs Las Vegas Bears
At Abdu Prison

The teddy bears from Las Vegas made the trip to the desolate wasteland of sand and rubble that is Abdu Prison this round, and boy was it a thread to remember.

If you’ll cast your eye back to our S29 encounter the Bears made a single solitary post for the entirety of the match thread, the team sheet. The artist formerly known as AuntyBlindEye posted 3 times after the match had been simmed, such was the strength of this young mans character.

So for you people at home that are struggling with the maths here, that was 4 posts. Yep, you heard it right, ******* FOUR POSTS! The blatant boycotting of the match thread was due to some history which was well documented and I shall not dredge up the past due to its sensitive nature.

Fast-forward to S30, round 10 and we really didn’t know what to expect. I knew that good friend and Bomber sympathiser Metalcrusher wouldn’t stand for any SHINNINNIGANS, and he lead from the front for his club only falling two posts short of a triple century.
The artist formerly known as Cap, Western Stand Warrior managed to quietly grind out 148, and 2/3 of the 3 amigos in Muddiemoose and guero managed 230 posts between them.
472C833E-D278-4F70-B0B2-36072222FE03.jpeg
Although technically BLUEALLTHRU is a Roy he managed to contribute nearly 4 pages of his own content to our match thread, and we welcomed him to trivia night and #tuberadio with open arms. We also wait until he is smashed (doesn’t take long) and we pinch his wallet and tell him a goat ate it.

Gets him every time.

Expansion enthusiast Millky95 managed a solid 71, whilst Bears enforcer MWPP churned out a respectable knock of 49.

She also did laundry on Sunday.

Due to the fact that we Bombers welcome outsiders into our match threads to post freely saw former-Bear turned-Gumbie Genghis Tron post 48 times as well. That was 45 more times than he posted last season during the #JoshWoodenSpoongate fiasco of S29. His posts were mostly of an eclectic musical nature and although he is a plasticine foot soldier now, in my heart he will always be a Las Vegas Bear.

210CA95D-26C5-4D17-9D05-7772F9AFA85F.jpeg
Boom recruit U2tigers managed 41 posts and then disappeared, but we may have given Bono a little extra attention though so his absence was expected.
Roys recruit I Dont Care clearly does care, as he posted 33 times, and the 3rd member of the 3 amigos tony managed 31 of his own. One of those posts was a fantastic little gif that will probably see him get yet another POTY nomination for round 9, so keep your eyes peeled for that.
85CC2353-7741-4284-A178-3ADD1D7C7850.jpeg

AceAndy the perennial gatecrasher managed to hit post reply 18 times in our thread, and is easily one of the biggest Bomber fanboys in the league.

In his defence we probably tagged him about 30 times.

RookiePick managed 14 posts in his 150th qooty match and aspiring Mobbs medalist Matera92 was bowled out for 13.

Art Vandelay_ and xenxen managed 13 posts between them and there were a couple others that posted once.

A notable absentee was captain Test Tickle, and at first we thought he was boycotting again but we later learned that he just doesn’t like us.

The match thread itself was filled with a lot of angst and vitriol, a heap of music, a veritable metric tonne of sh*t flinging, but hopefully it was taken in the right spirit and a good time was had by all.

Except Bono, he got mad.

The Bears had a solid 15+ posters engage in the thread which is a pretty good number considering the mid-season lull, and I’m sure their captain will be back soon as the league is a better place with him around.

If the Bears can manage to hold onto Crushy (he is their future captain imo) and the 3 amigos then the list is in fantastic shape. Lose just two of those four and they will need to do some recruiting. Overall, I really enjoyed the S30 adaptation of the Bears and I hope they all stick together and grind it out.

I’ll have the ratings to you in a short while.

Until then, um, I dunno, go eat some bacon or something.

Peace ✌🏻

1FF0053E-5C4D-4308-92DF-52551B1DF4C3.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back