List Mgmt. We Should Trade Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bath water, all of our top liners remain. Those thinking we wouldn't get first round picks for guys like Boak and Hartlett are delusional.

The problem is our second tier players. There are people on this board who love O'Shea but he will finally be delisted this year, I feel sorry for him as he is clearly not AFL quality.

Ah Chee has been on the list for years and is looking as though he won't make it. Clurey has been replaced by Austin.

Stewart will also be delisted but fair play to him, he has played well this year I'm trying circumstances.

If you are going to include Blee (who I called a tall flanker) then O'Shea should be there too.

Blee was actually recruited as a full back believe it or not. O'Shea was always recruited as a HBF.

I reckon we could trade Robbie for Jack Steele + 2nd Rounder I guess.

Lol, rightio. Right after we trade Jarman Impey and a second rounder for Dangerfield.

Lol, rightio. Right after we trade Jarman Impey and a second rounder for Dangerfield.

You really overrate players on other teams lists, don't you? The Western Bulldogs traded a 27 year old Ryan Griffen and Pick 6 for Tom Boyd, a key position forward - you know, the kind we gave up a first and second round pick for - who had gone Pick 1 two years earlier and that the Bulldogs were prepared to pay $1m a year to. Are you going to suggest that if we offered Gray - who is a far better player than Griffen - we couldn't get Steele and a second round pick for him? You think Steele is worth more than Boyd and Griffen is worth more than Gray?

I think the trade is dumb - mostly because we are trading Gray, but partly because it favors us too much - but it's not this outrageously stupid idea that you are making it out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really overrate players on other teams lists, don't you? The Western Bulldogs traded a 27 year old Ryan Griffen and Pick 6 for Tom Boyd, a key position forward - you know, the kind we gave up a first and second round pick for - who had gone Pick 1 two years earlier and that the Bulldogs were prepared to pay $1m a year to. Are you going to suggest that if we offered Gray - who is a far better player than Griffen - we couldn't get Steele and a second round pick for him? You think Steele is worth more than Boyd and Griffen is worth more than Gray?

I think the trade is dumb - mostly because we are trading Gray, but partly because it favors us too much - but it's not this outrageously stupid idea that you are making it out to be.

Huge misread on your part. It's an outrageously stupid deal because we're getting screwed, not because GWS are. How in the blue * does trading away a bloke who was AFLCA player of the year two seasons ago for a NEAFL player and a second rounder 'favour us too much'?

Trading Gray to GWS is an absurd hypothetical which would never happen unless he demanded it, but if it did, he'd be worth Collingwood's 1st plus a Steele type at a minimum.

It's an outrageously deal because we're getting screwed, not because GWS are.

How in the blue **** does trading away a bloke who was AFLCA player of the year two seasons ago for a NEAFL player and a second rounder 'favour us too much'?

Oh, I was under the impression when you're talking about us trading Impey and a 2nd rounder for Dangerfield that you were somehow suggesting Steele was better because he was younger. My bad.

And it favors us too much because GWS need draft picks to get their academy players. I'm not saying it does because Gray isn't worth much more than Steele and a second rounder. I'm saying it does because they wouldn't go for it for that reason.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I get the idea but you don't willingly trade away someone of this calibre. Even looking at the long term, part of the development process for our young kids is having someone like this to work with and learn from.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I get the idea but you don't willingly trade away someone of this calibre. Even looking at the long term, part of the development process for our young kids is having someone like this to work with and learn from.
I think a few here are on crazy pills.
They can do the ..
upload_2016-6-20_21-20-38.png
Or what ever.
If a Player is under contract he has to agree to be traded, and if he does not want to go ... that's it

It's the Internet everyone's 12.
I just don't want to share the Internet with them. Hopefully the government is rounding them up and using them for experiments.

Seriously what a dumb thread. Do you know how hard it is to get A grade players? Good clubs don't lose good players. Even bad clubs don't willingly hand them over.

Hartlett would have s**t all trade value. Mid second rounder at best

Maybe pick 30

How the hell can Chris Yarran get traded for Pick 19 and Hartlett not be worth a first round pick? His number are better than Swallow and Ziebell who are North's best midfielders! Maybe not this year but consistently over his career he's got better numbers that those two players who they wouldn't give up for anything short of pick 12. He's in the peak of his career, what's the point of flicking him for a crap pick, we might as well keep him.

Don't trade Hartlett or Gray. Unless we get overs for them the players we replace them with won't improve the team, that's not progression. Trade Broadbent, Trade Carlile, Trade Lobbe, Trade O'Shea, teams will pay decent second rounders to plug them into their teams. They can all get second rounders given the right team wants them. With 3-4 second rounders we can trade for a few decent players and still recruit a few good youngsters but not have any effect of the first team. It brings in the drafts picks to bring young players in the freshen up the group and still brings in a few trades to fix issues without weakening the first team, that's how the team progresses.

If anyone on the list is entitled ( for want of a better word ) to an ordinary season, it's Robbie Gray. :thumbsu:

I am more interested in finding out why, specifically his, ` I've had a gutful of this sh*t body language ', which has been painfully obvious all season. :thumbsdown:

How the hell can Chris Yarran get traded for Pick 19 and Hartlett not be worth a first round pick? His number are better than Swallow and Ziebell who are North's best midfielders! Maybe not this year but consistently over his career he's got better numbers that those two players who they wouldn't give up for anything short of pick 12. He's in the peak of his career, what's the point of flicking him for a crap pick, we might as well keep him.
No one with trade a good draft pick for a player who has played over 100 games and has been so consistently inconsistent. Richmond made the mistake of it last year and paying the price for it now.

If anyone on the list is entitled ( for want of a better word ) to an ordinary season, it's Robbie Gray. :thumbsu:

I am more interested in finding out why, specifically his, ` I've had a gutful of this sh*t body language ', which has been painfully obvious all season. :thumbsdown:
Robbie is still 2nd or 3rd behind Youngy and maybe Pittard in my B&F leaderboard so he ain't doing too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back