Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

His work rate is phenomenal. He gathers the ball from half back, handballs/kicks his way through and he’s on the wing 70m going for a pass inside 50. Refreshing to see that Jlo wants him to play that game style. Instinctive and attacking. His tackling has also gone up after that Geelong game.
Seems like, just like Aish, he needed the leash of new life to play his natural game on the wing/attacking. Not all this shifting and changing roles he had at St Kilda

What I'm holding onto is that he finally has a defined role. I'm hoping a large part of his consistency issues were due to being played all over the place for the last two years. I'll also add that JL appears to be 10x the coach old mate Richo is, so that helps

His last 3 weeks have been very good (I'll hold off on exceptional until he gives a game without a terrible turnover) and he's clearly our best wing on current form
Only 10x? Giving old mate richo a bit too much credit there hahaha

This Is Fine GIF

As President of the Blake Acres is a Spud fan club I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

(This may be false but at this stage I have to lean into it)

I am open to the argument that Blake Acres being the third best Freo midfielder on the weekend is an indictment on the others.

Tucker with only 16 disposals is quite disheartening...for someone 7 seasons into an AFL career feels like he's backpeddling at an alarming rate

Acres only 64% disposal efficiency from those 25 too. Banfield had 80% from his whopping 5...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker with only 16 disposals is quite disheartening...for someone 7 seasons into an AFL career feels like he's backpeddling at an alarming rate
Compared to Acres, Tucker is a sloth.
Acres isn’t the first guy I think when it comes to this squad of spuds.
Tucker is next. Can’t get his hand on it enough, and when he does the decision making is poor.

Tucker completely shits his dacks if he isn’t running onto his left. Cannot go right at all.
Bit of a problem in a 360 degree sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compared to Acres, Tucker is a sloth.
Acres isn’t the first guy I think when it comes to this squad of spuds.
Tucker is next. Can’t get his hand on it enough, and when he does the decision making is poor.
Part of the issue is Acres getting his hands on it so much. More chances to make another poor decision.

I'd rather we have a winger that gets his hands on it than one that doesn't and that's what we have after Acres on the list..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back