Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny because he’s playing like Langdon did before he left. The thing is coaching and kicking lesson.
Langndon goes to Melbourne and is coached by Mark Williams. Was a lollipop kick, well he still is

Funny because he’s playing like Langdon did before he left. The thing is coaching and kicking lesson.
Langndon goes to Melbourne and is coached by Mark Williams. Was a lollipop kick, well he still is
Nah. Langdon hit the scoreboard, he averaged 0.5 goals a game with us which is pretty good for a wing. Acres has kicked 2.0 in 27 games for Fremantle. At least he’s accurate I guess…

Two shots on goal in 27 games as a winger! Had a look, Mitch Robinson who plays a pretty defensive role as the teams winger had 14 shots last season in 22 games.

Two shots on goal in 27 games as a winger! Had a look, Mitch Robinson who plays a pretty defensive role as the teams winger had 14 shots last season in 22 games.
I reckon if you include out of bounds on the full he'd at least compete with Robinson, so not that bad

I reckon if you include out of bounds on the full he'd at least compete with Robinson, so not that bad
AFL website actually includes "shots" and they record him having 6 in total for Fremantle. So he's 2.0.4 in 27 games, so not only does he not hit the scoreboard at all I can now take back my accurate claim.

AFL website actually includes "shots" and they record him having 6 in total for Fremantle. So he's 2.0.4 in 27 games, so not only does he not hit the scoreboard at all I can now take back my accurate claim.
Makes you wonder why the coach clearly prefers him to;
  • Aish
  • Henry
  • O'Driscoll
  • Clark
  • insert other hbf-er name
  • Western
  • Erasmus
  • other

I'd rather we have a winger that gets his hands on it than one that doesn't and that's what we have after Acres on the list..
I’d rather 10 high class disposals from Brandon Walker than 25 rubbish disposals from acres with his dogshit hack kicks to the opposition intercept marking defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres became officially dead to me when he dropped a sitter in the back line & immediately gave away a free tackling someone without the ball.

Sent from my iPhone usingThat
That dropped mark was just in front of us and the other freo backman were protecting his back but he just s**t himself about possible contact, the guy is just a receiver /easy ball get, JL should never play him again i even prefer Connor B to him

That dropped mark was just in front of us and the other freo backman were protecting his back but he just s**t himself about possible contact, the guy is just a receiver /easy ball get, JL should never play him again i even prefer Connor B to him

I'd prefer Nick Suban to him.

Nick Suban 2022 version, not even prime Suban.

Fair enough, it was terrible. In the same category as Clark's kick in against the Saints. Both absolute killers.

I can’t recall ever seeing a player s**t themselves so much with ball in hand. Even when he marks it/gets a free kick it looks rushed and panicked… then hacks it as high and long as he can.
Doesn’t cut it as an outside mid - for the role he’s playing you need polish.

Having said all that … there’s really not many options on that wing. At least one of the backs needs to be pushed up the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t recall ever seeing a player s**t themselves so much with ball in hand. Even when he marks it/gets a free kick it looks rushed and panicked… then hacks it as high and long as he can.
Doesn’t cut it as an outside mid - for the role he’s playing you need polish.

Having said all that … there’s really not many options on that wing. At least one of the backs needs to be pushed up the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We have several options. Erasmus, Henry, Frederick, Clark, Aish, Colyer.

We've got too many soft types in the team. I can understand Henry, Fredrick and Clark being soft due to their age and inexperience but it sucks when some of our more experienced players (Acres, Aish, Colyer) are the same.

We need players with a harder edge or players who have a ruthless defensive edge. Even our hacks like Banfield don't have it.

We've got too many soft types in the team. I can understand Henry, Fredrick and Clark being soft due to their age and inexperience but it sucks when some of our more experienced players (Acres, Aish, Colyer) are the same.

We need players with a harder edge or players who have a ruthless defensive edge. Even our hacks like Banfield don't have it.
Bring back McPhee

I feel like Acres is on the cusp of increased performance

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back