Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

This sums it up, I want Henry fulfilling his potential and pushing him out or Chapman making a midfield move. I think Aish is the calibre of player a contender has in their bottom 6 players, not Acres
Happy to be optimistic about Henry but for now Acres is miles ahead.
In a way he is playing similar role to Tucker (Tucker a much better kick but slower decision maker). Perhaps we only need one, especially with the development of Noddy who can be a better version of both.

Then perhaps we don’t need either if Henry begins to flourish.

In the meantime Acres/Tucker on a wing can work well.
That's how I see it. Acres is a flawed player and is inconsistent. There's a reason Henry and Worner were drafted. We are selecting the best option we have available.

Wouldn’t be surprised if one of Aish or Acres is still there in a few years and we’re a very decent team tbh.

Not everyone in the side needs to be a superstar. They’re both young enough to play a role when Brayshaw, Serong, Darcy etc. are right at the peak of their game.

Don’t know about Tucker tbh - he’s disappointed me for two and a bit seasons now. I know he’s been played out of position but at this stage he’s slowly heading in the Blakely direction.
I am more optimistic about Tucker who is a good long kick in play and for goal plus a strong body. His slow decision making has to improve, however, if he is to put together more games. Adds a little bit of experience that we currently lack for the upcoming high pressure away games.

I am more optimistic about Tucker who is a good long kick in play and for goal plus a strong body. His slow decision making has to improve, however, if he is to put together more games. Adds a little bit of experience that we currently lack for the upcoming high pressure away games.

Considering Tucker crumbles under even the slightest bit of pressure these days I’m not sure having him in ‘high pressure’ games is something we should be overly enthusiastic about. He’s not a difference maker in any way, shape or form.

Not sure his kicking is overly great tbh. Nice looking action but the result isn’t generally anything too special. He’s basically Tommy Sheridan 2.0 tbh.

Anyone else notice it, but Acers definitely seems to be playing with more edge. He’s been showing some agro. He slammed a few of the saints when he could, and definitely went at the eagles boys. Have lacked that so maybe that’s part of the “improvement”

Acres has been good this season.

I wanted him out of the side at the end of last year due to his softness and backing out of contests. I thought butter was harder. He really irritated me...

Buuuuuut...

He has really won me over playing that wide wing and is doing a pretty good job. He is laying strong tackles and putting his body on the line. He looks to be playing with purpose and seems as settled as I've seen him. He is definitely best 22 atm and i hope he keeps it up.

Not a fan of Acres but this year he has done a good job.

He is keeping his width, running hard to provide or shut down exits and his attack on the ball is first class.

I still have issues with his tunnel vision but sometimes you need to live with the bad if the good is greater.

Acres has been good this season.

I wanted him out of the side at the end of last year due to his softness and backing out of contests. I thought butter was harder. He really irritated me...

Buuuuuut...

He has really won me over playing that wide wing and is doing a pretty good job. He is laying strong tackles and putting his body on the line. He looks to be playing with purpose and seems as settled as I've seen him. He is definitely best 22 atm and i hope he keeps it up.
I went from I think Acres is waste to space, to 'I love you Acres' last few games. That kick to Schultz was beautiful.

Aish though, handballing to stationary targets, handballing to the opposition, turning it over with blind dump kicks, getting pinned HTB... if we're going to tolerate that then let's tolerate it from a younger player and get more out of it.

I went from I think Acres is waste to space, to 'I love you Acres' last few games. That kick to Schultz was beautiful.

Aish though, handballing to stationary targets, handballing to the opposition, turning it over with blind dump kicks, getting pinned HTB... if we're going to tolerate that then let's tolerate it from a younger player and get more out of it.

I feel like Aish is one of the most underrated players on our list. Whom do you suggest comes in for Aish that we would get more out of?

Anyone else notice it, but Acers definitely seems to be playing with more edge. He’s been showing some agro. He slammed a few of the saints when he could, and definitely went at the eagles boys. Have lacked that so maybe that’s part of the “improvement”
He was interesting to watch closely at training today. He won the plaudits of the playing group with his mad tackling of players left right and centre. He is working very hard.

However, in the drills he missed targets regularly ( second worst was Pearce but mainly left foot). I think this is why his place will continue to be in jeopardy but he is a good size and doing a job, just a pity about the skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love his speed and intent to break tackles. Definitely has the wing as his.
Just needs to slow down and stop overdoing the handball receives and running like a kamikaze into trouble. His kicking has improved this season

Love his speed and intent to break tackles. Definitely has the wing as his.
Just needs to slow down and stop overdoing the handball receives and running like a kamikaze into trouble. His kicking has improved this season

Was very good on the weekend.
But his kickings still atrocious - needs to make far better decisions to really make the wing spot his own.
His run and defensive work has been very good lately though (I didn’t think he had that in him either).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His ball use is probably why he isn't attracting a defensive minded opponent, similar to Hayden Young - at the moment we are getting more from these players than they cost us, when it works it really works but we will get scored against occasionally from mistakes.

Instead they closely guard Jordan Clark because they don't want to guarantee 90m plays from letting him start loose at CHB and run up the guts faster than anyone can match before the long kick inside fifty.

Blake is playing really well, working really hard.

I have believe his kamikaze style whilst error prone maybe really useful for us.

causes 2 goals vs giving up 1 goal. net win for us.

So pleased for this bloke.

standing ovation applause GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back