Toast Welcome Matthew Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

If Kent can get fit and stay that way he might be very good indeed.....
He Might be, so Might Parker and Young!
The good thing is to have genuine depth in positions
And from what I can tell, right around the ground except for Ruck possibly
We seem to suddenly have multiple options everywhere!

The trick now is for the coaching staff to find the right options
And from all of that, hope like hell 3 or 4 jump right out of their skins
And hopefully become the elite players we clearly crave/lack!

He Might be, so Might Parker and Young!
The good thing is to have genuine depth in positions
And from what I can tell, right around the ground except for Ruck possibly
We seem to suddenly have multiple options everywhere!

The trick now is for the coaching staff to find the right options
And from all of that, hope like hell 3 or 4 jump right out of their skins
And hopefully become the elite players we clearly crave/lack!
Absolutely right. Plus selection integrity. Richo doesn't like to chop and change. But looking from the outside there were a few perplexing selections last year. More consistency with that would be good.

Not building expectation but one of the best small forwards in the game.

C Rioli Avg. 9 kicks a game.

Don’t want anything but speed , pressure & tackles something Stkilda have lacked for years.
Don't worry about Cyril and building expectation - you can pick any number of small pressure forwards and most of them struggle to get more than a dozen possessions a game.

So the comparison we should be looking at would be the collective impact of say D Rioli, J Castagna, D Butler v B Long, M Parker R Young and the four factors you would need to be looking at are speed, pressure, tackles and goals.

I reckon Long, Parker and Young would be a good match for speed, pressure and tackles (I reckon our boys might win out on the "hurt" factor) - so the question will be - can they average a goal a game each?

That's a very tough ask and that's where the likes of Mav Weller, Minch and Nathan Wright failed.

Last edited:

He spoke rather impressively during the short clip of his interview on the recent Linton Street video. Proving to be more and more exciting, the more I see of him.

I was worried about a Tim Kelly situation if he turns out to be a good pickup that we lose anyway, but that video mentioned his partner and kid are coming across early next year so that’s covered.

He spoke rather impressively during the short clip of his interview on the recent Linton Street video. Proving to be more and more exciting, the more I see of him.

I was worried about a Tim Kelly situation if he turns out to be a good pickup that we lose anyway, but that video mentioned his partner and kid are coming across early next year so that’s covered.
Honestly, I'm sorta concerned about them moving here purely because of homesickness, moving across Australia to possibly a place without any relatives or maybe few friends could be daunting to a young mum with a young one but hopefully the club knows that they are doing.

Honestly, I'm sorta concerned about them moving here purely because of homesickness, moving across Australia to possibly a place without any relatives or maybe few friends could be daunting to a young mum with a young one but hopefully the club knows that they are doing.
you're right, but its better then them staying behind and the assumption is they want to come over.

It's not conscription, the guy did nominate for the draft, with only a one in nine chance he'd get to stay in WA, so hopefully they're both ready to move on up.

Alternatively, they're looking to move away from potentially unhealthy influences, and have a fresh start...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Parker is the Everyman tale in person.
That’s why we identify with him, even at this early stage.
Yeah be a great heart warming story. Young Guy new family realises that he has to work his way out and make something of his talent.....family has made the commitment too coming to new state away from security of the known to the unknown....responsibility can be a great motivator...hope he succeeds and makes a go of it.

Why Columbus burnt the ships no turning back now!!!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Matthew Parker is the Everyman tale in person.
That’s why we identify with him, even at this early stage.
I hope you're not referring to the medieval morality play, because in that Everyman dies! :eek:

That goal at 1:05 in his highlights vid was Milneesque!

I'm not sure if anyone else has already said it, but Parker looks like a velociraptor.

I dunno how this will affect what I call him though..

rap
loci
clever girl?

hmm
He shares the same first name and surname with me and one of my best mates combined saints fan ofcourse. We call him.

LOVE CHILD

I'm not sure if anyone else has already said it, but Parker looks like a velociraptor.

I dunno how this will affect what I call him though..

rap
loci
clever girl?

hmm

Save yourself the visit to emergency. Just call him "Sir"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back