Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ras is contracted for 25. Let’s see what happens. Dominate at WAFL and force your way into the side.

I saw the whole Peel match and watch Ras closely. Still cant decide if he will make it or not. 50:50 in my mind. Sure he had a good game with high numbers but mostly didnt hurt the opposition although he did clear the ball heaps.

He has natural ball following skills and seems to be in the right place at the right time. No doubt he just chucks the ball on to his foot without driving the legs, breaking free and looking for an option. I suppose this could come as he adjusts further to the speed of the game and with training/coaching. But at the moment he cant hurt you with his kicking skills and doesnt have anything more than ball collecting skills that I can see.

Brayshaw initially couldnt kick, neither could Langdon, neither could Dipper actually and they all have learned to be effective disposers of the ball, so maybe Ras will get a lot better.

The kid is young and no doubt hasnt had an extended run at AFL level so its just really hard to know.

Its just that as you are trying to build a Premiership team, I`m a firm believer you need to go for foot skills as a major priority. Its why I was so happy we picked Young, Amiss, Treacy, Clark, Freddy - they are all good kicks of the footy.
Johnson, despite two classic clangers in the last two matches can also kick the footy. Thats why I think he is a lock to be developed, he brings the kicking, the big body and the spatial awareness as several attributes.

Ras, Im just not sure on. Right now he is behind everyone including Brodie in the pecking order. Hopefully we will know by the end of the year but at least he made a great start on the weekend at Peel and if he can clean up his disposals, JLo will reward him no doubt.

I saw the whole Peel match and watch Ras closely. Still cant decide if he will make it or not. 50:50 in my mind. Sure he had a good game with high numbers but mostly didnt hurt the opposition although he did clear the ball heaps.

He has natural ball following skills and seems to be in the right place at the right time. No doubt he just chucks the ball on to his foot without driving the legs, breaking free and looking for an option. I suppose this could come as he adjusts further to the speed of the game and with training/coaching. But at the moment he cant hurt you with his kicking skills and doesnt have anything more than ball collecting skills that I can see.

Brayshaw initially couldnt kick, neither could Langdon, neither could Dipper actually and they all have learned to be effective disposers of the ball, so maybe Ras will get a lot better.

The kid is young and no doubt hasnt had an extended run at AFL level so its just really hard to know.

Its just that as you are trying to build a Premiership team, I`m a firm believer you need to go for foot skills as a major priority. Its why I was so happy we picked Young, Amiss, Treacy, Clark, Freddy - they are all good kicks of the footy.
Johnson, despite two classic clangers in the last two matches can also kick the footy. Thats why I think he is a lock to be developed, he brings the kicking, the big body and the spatial awareness as several attributes.

Ras, Im just not sure on. Right now he is behind everyone including Brodie in the pecking order. Hopefully we will know by the end of the year but at least he made a great start on the weekend at Peel and if he can clean up his disposals, JLo will reward him no doubt.
I only watched the highlights and felt he was good, but was also up against 'WAFL players'. When he puts on more muscle (with age) I think he will show his true potential. Right now I fear the opposition could snap him in half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see Raz rotated forward a bit with Peel as I feel he has decent goal sense and could develop another string to his bow.

His tackling is generally good, can compete overhead and reads the play well which would be a plus in that role.

Always handy to have someone who can rotate in the middle if needed too, to play a defensive role and/or become another extractor in the Fyfe mould.

Would like to see Raz rotated forward a bit with Peel as I feel he has decent goal sense and could develop another string to his bow.

His tackling is generally good, can compete overhead and reads the play well which would be a plus in that role.

Always handy to have someone who can rotate in the middle if needed too, to play a defensive role and/or become another extractor in the Fyfe mould.
good points

Fyfe started out with a similar build

You are 100% correct, no vacancies in the current mid field mix ( especially inside mid) instead at Peel need to try his as HBF or HFF Or maybe even 100% wing as we already know what he offers as a Mid (he will continue to dominate the WAFL in that role but what does that prove)
Suggest we need to be more creative than just pidgeon hole him into the one position, he is young and talented so has plenty of growth in him

You are 100% correct, no vacancies in the current mid field mix ( especially inside mid) instead at Peel need to try his as HBF or HFF Or maybe even 100% wing as we already know what he offers as a Mid (he will continue to dominate the WAFL in that role but what does that prove)
Suggest we need to be more creative than just pidgeon hole him into the one position, he is young and talented so has plenty of growth in him
Peel should also be helping him to 'toughen up', and I don't mean that in a negative way. I have noticed Amiss tackling more lately. He almost gets thrown around like a rag doll and looks like a little brother fighting with his bigger, stronger tougher brother, but he's giving it a crack.

I am excited to see him develop more. I expect him to play against WCE.

What are we doing with this guy??? I get Raz isn't setting the world on fire at the moment but the way we've developed him the past 12 months has been terrible. He should either get an extended run in the starting 22 at O'Meara's expense or he should be sent back to Peel for an extended period in the two's.

Everytime he plays a game in the one's his confidence is shot because he's the sub and can't pick up the tempo because he isn't getting enough consistent game time.

It's at the point now where JL has to make the call. O'Meara's output hasn't been great so I don't think we're losing much by prioritising Raz.

What are we doing with this guy??? I get Raz isn't setting the world on fire at the moment but the way we've developed him the past 12 months has been terrible. He should either get an extended run in the starting 22 at O'Meara's expense or he should be sent back to Peel for an extended period in the two's.

Everytime he plays a game in the one's his confidence is shot because he's the sub and can't pick up the tempo because he isn't getting enough consistent game time.

It's at the point now where the JL has to make the call. O'Meara's output hasn't been great so I don't think we're losing much by prioritising Raz.

Yeah I'm almost convinced that we're close to royally ******* up Erasmus as a player. All this travelling, WAFL minutes lost from the times named as sub for HOW many minutes at AFL level?

Always thrown in when the game is on the line too. It's so ******* stupid the handling of this guy. Needs the same extended run at it that Johnson was gifted.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. He's been given the opportunities he deserves. I'm sure he'd rather be emergency/ sub rather than relegated to Peel every week. Neil needs to take his chances and force his way in

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

It's at the point now where JL has to make the call. O'Meara's output hasn't been great so I don't think we're losing much by prioritising Raz.
The call on JOM is baffling. If he’s sub for 3 weeks, starts the 4th yet subs off.. surely he’s not AFL level anymore.

Back Erasmus to start games, and have him and Johnson play consistently.

Fremantle playing JOM, but somehow Brodie isn’t preferred? Somethings fishy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back