Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely interested to see how Liam performs in 2024 under Ross.

I think Ross will get the best out of him, likes to use his wingers and will have Henry running to all the right spots.

He’s a very good coach, regardless of what people may think of his game style or personality.

Henry probably suits Ross’s game style more than Longmuir’s, especially playing so much under the closed roof where he won’t need to worry about winning the hard ball on the deck quite as much as elsewhere.

I think Longmuir having bigger bodies wingers is better, because he likes them rolling back into defence and seems to come up to the stoppages more, and JL doesn’t make the team look for the wingers as much as Lyon seems to. Lyon loves a designated kicker.

There seems to be a pervasive view on the Saints board that what's holding them back is lack of leg speed in the midfield and Henry will fix that because he's lightning quick.
They're in for a shock
Guys who can't get a contested kick are always assumed to be greased lightning (otherwise why would they be in the side!)

Ther's no doubt Liam has significant upside but I think his dinky little kicks will always slow down ball movement and annoy the hell out of the Saints supporters.

If they watched him and knew what they were getting and what his strengths and weaknesses actually were, I think they could be happy with the acquisition. He can play.

If they're expecting a line-breaker then they are going to be disappointed.
They think they're getting a prime Brad Hill with with a penetrative kick. Which he ain't.
You're right though, he can play. Brad Hill and WM will be the first two and he'll happily slot in alongside them as the other release option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When does this thread get locked and all discussion about Liam Whatsisname goes to the Former Player thread?
Yeah, I thought we successfully moved from this thread, guess we’ll have to lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back